Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
also, can I get a show of hands of folks who are actually Carol Danvers fans?

and I don't mean ":francis: she a'aight, I mean-"

I mean :ooh: CAROL DANVERS!" fans.
I liked her when she was Ms Marvel and before Marvel decided that she was going to be their version of Wonder Woman.
Now I don;t give much of a damn about her either way.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Batman & Robin Eternal was good...I am intrigued by this Mother and Orphan stuff; they introduced Cassandra Cain who promptly kicked dikk Grayson's ass; and I liked seeing all 3 former Robins working together.

Cyborg was good. I swore that the big reveal was going to be another version of Vic so they got me with the swerve plus it featured a guest appearance by the Metal Men whose new designs are spiffy.

Omega Men...praise be to whoever made the decision to let this book continue :blessed:

Telos #1 was ass. WHo the fukk was looking for a Telos solo book? And the whole issue was basically him making Brainiac his bytch.:camby:

I liked Paper Girls #1...the whole concept was intriguing and I am eager to see where it goes.

We Stand on Guard continues to be one of the better looking books on the market but this latest issue was kinda average.

Southern b*stards #11 was good too. Coach Boss is gonna have problems when Brother Boone finally comes rolling out of the woods to kick some ass.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yes I am, and although I feel that her true potential is only ever seen sporadically (both in terms of her superhero abilities but also character/personality wise) I enjoy her books a lot and always read them first.

:jbhmm: Im really not a fan of the character, but I'll give the stories a shot since you feel like that

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yes I am, and although I feel that her true potential is only ever seen sporadically (both in terms of her superhero abilities but also character/personality wise) I enjoy her books a lot and always read them first.
I don't think I have found anything done with Carol to be compelling since her drinking days in Busiek's Avengers.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I don't think I have found anything done with Carol to be compelling since her drinking days in Busiek's Avengers.

Yeah, like I said, they never really get the most out of the character but I feel she's a character that's just waiting to have that definite break-out.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
TMNT-50_Cover-A.jpg

I am Groooooottttt!!!!!!

:ohhh::mjcry::sadcam::ehh::banderas:

:grootrejoice:​

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To piggy bag on that Carol discussion, what are yall's top 5 superheroines?

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Catwoman (yeah i know she's an anti-hero)
3. Black Canary
4. MJ (not a hero but a strong strong character, female or otherwise)
5. Black Widow

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

Storm
Wonder Woman
Emma Frost (Even though she's batshyt and on that :mjpls:, she's one of the more interesting written female characters. Hero, antihero, otherwise.)
Vixen (like her powers, black excellence, underrated character)
Black Cat

Honorable mentions: Zatanna, Power girl/Supergirl, Black Canary, Harley Quinn?

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's interesting because at one point Storm was more popular than even WW but since the Claremont X-Treme X-Men days of like, 2002 (?) all she's really been known for is being a victim of T'Challa's #HOH movement and being Wolverine's thot. I'm a big fan of the concept of Storm but i feel she's been damaged goods status since AvX and hasn't had much purpose since she was leading Bishop, Sage, Rogue and crew in X-treme.

I did think DC was doing a good job with
  • Wonder Woman (before the writer changed, idk bout now)
  • Supergirl (just before they oddly canceled it)
  • Batgirl
  • and Harley Quinn
as far as superheroines that you could pick up and even if it's not your particular cup of tea (neither Batgirl nor Harley are mine) you could still find some amusement/enjoyment just off the strength of the characters.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

1. Wonder Woman
2. Black Canary
3. She-Hulk
4. Whatever name Monica Rambeau is going by this hour
5. Moondragon