Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
For all the Marvel fans in this thread, I highly recommend reading Marvel Comics: The Untold Story
You will look at certain people in the industry differently and you see why some books turned out the way they did. Never realized how much BS was going on in the bullpen
Is that the one that has all the stories about Jim Shooter's dysfunctional time in charge at Marvel?

Priest wrote a really good post about it on his site back in the day that gave a more fair estimation of that time since Priest was an editor and actually liked Shooter. It also has some hilarious tidbits about his time as editor of the Spider-Man books.
DigitalPriest.Com: Why I Never Discuss Spider-Man

I really wish dude would come back to comics.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that the one that has all the stories about Jim Shooter's dysfunctional time in charge at Marvel?

Priest wrote a really good post about it on his site back in the day that gave a more fair estimation of that time since Priest was an editor and actually liked Shooter. It also has some hilarious tidbits about his time as editor of the Spider-Man books.
DigitalPriest.Com: Why I Never Discuss Spider-Man

I really wish dude would come back to comics.
They celebrated in the office when Jim was gone. Jim was a hard ass but Bob Harris didn't seem any better

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:whoo: those comic book fanboys gonna hate this shyt. Ether levels off the charts...:pachaha:

For all the bytching they're going to do for ANAD Marvel as a whole, it's still gonna sell like hot cakes. It'll do much better than how DC's most recent attempt went anyway, IMO.

In fact, with all the bytching about diversity "changes"... hilariously:
  • Tony Stark is still Iron Man and, with Bendis, will sell like hot cakes even as Bendis pisses people off as he always does.
  • Peter Parker is still Spider-Man; still has the "Amazing" title; the book will still sell like hot cakes, and is a logical progression for Parker, who can't be this supposed super scientist but still be broke as hell snappin pictures or teachin 6th grade earth science enterin his 30s...
  • There's still a billion and one Spider titles from Miles to Gwen to 2099 but "waaah waaah diversity is affecting my enjoyment! It's just gonna be the black kid now!"
  • "I can't recognize the Avengers anymore" :pachaha:...like we didn't have an 8 year stretch that featured Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Jessica Drew as the core team on the core Avengers book that was a top seller despite all the bytching Bendis was getting about everyone sounding like Spider-Man (which they did). This type of shameless reshuffling has been goin on for a decade now. So for the next 12 months a team of Miles, Kamala, Nova, Vision, Iron Man, Lady-Thor and FalCap... + beautiful art and being promoted as the "core" Avengers book... will do just fine. In fact, it'll likely do 100-150k+ first couple issues out the gate, and it'll be up to Waid's story telling to retain the readers.

X-Men and Fantastic Four stans may have legit beef (:dame:) but with everything else... i look at what Marvel is doing (with A-Force, Ultimates, Power Man/Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, Squadron Supreme, Black Panther, etc)... and i go: I like this shyt better than the bullshyt of yesteryear. Marvel never had a "good ol days" for my tastes. Just a buncha white guys with questionable execution for the non-whites.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
For all the bytching they're going to do for ANAD Marvel as a whole, it's still gonna sell like hot cakes. It'll do much better than how DC's most recent attempt went anyway, IMO.

In fact, with all the bytching about diversity "changes"... hilariously:
  • Tony Stark is still Iron Man and, with Bendis, will sell like hot cakes even as Bendis pisses people off as he always does.
  • Peter Parker is still Spider-Man; still has the "Amazing" title; the book will still sell like hot cakes, and is a logical progression for Parker, who can't be this supposed super scientist but still be broke as hell snappin pictures or teachin 6th grade earth science enterin his 30s...
  • There's still a billion and one Spider titles from Miles to Gwen to 2099 but "waaah waaah diversity is affecting my enjoyment! It's just gonna be the black kid now!"
  • "I can't recognize the Avengers anymore" :pachaha:...like we didn't have an 8 year stretch that featured Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Jessica Drew as the core team on the core Avengers book that was a top seller despite all the bytching Bendis was getting about everyone sounding like Spider-Man (which they did). This type of shameless reshuffling has been goin on for a decade now. So for the next 12 months a team of Miles, Kamala, Nova, Vision, Iron Man, Lady-Thor and FalCap... + beautiful art and being promoted as the "core" Avengers book... will do just fine. In fact, it'll likely do 100-150k+ first couple issues out the gate, and it'll be up to Waid's story telling to retain the readers.

X-Men and Fantastic Four stans may have legit beef (:dame:) but with everything else... i look at what Marvel is doing (with A-Force, Ultimates, Power Man/Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, Squadron Supreme, Black Panther, etc)... and i go: I like this shyt better than the bullshyt of yesteryear. Marvel never had a "good ol days" for my tastes. Just a buncha white guys with questionable execution for the non-whites.
I don't think Bendis's Iron Man will be that big tbh

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
^^^I think it'll be in the 60-70k a month.

I'd be surprised if this first issue didn't end up doing close to 100k (just by virtue of it being a #1 + hype) and i think the art, the bendis fan cult and the usual shock trolling he'll be doing will make it a strong seller.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaan, the gay agenda is REAL in the ALL NEW Marvel Universe. Do they have to shoehorn gay shyt into EVERY book?!

:scust:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
TMNT-50_Cover-A.jpg

I am Groooooottttt!!!!!!

:ohhh::mjcry::sadcam::ehh::banderas:

:grootrejoice:​
Dog ths shyt was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohlawd: I read that on wednesday

I only hope secret wars has the same level payoff :wow: