Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
:banderas: indeed groot. Indeed. :myman:

IDW-Publishing-Logo-350x175.jpg

:sasgroot:

I am Groot!​

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
An Iron Man book will never constantly sell above 35k
I'm not talking about consistently (like for years on end), but for Bendis's tenure in which he has the full machine behind him. Regardless, whether he gives it a sales bump or it remains as it's always been, moot point :manny:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
To piggy bag on that Carol discussion, what are yall's top 5 superheroines?

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

1. Isabelle "Dizzy" Cordova
  2. Jakita Wagner
  3. Valeria Storm
  • Lois Lane (Raven Haired, Fashion conscious, Sassy, witty, intrepid Bruce Timm Cartoon/ Jeph Loeb + Jim Lee version)
  • And Mary Jane (classic, 616, "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" version)

With the bottom 2 I like their character profiles more than their exploits (cause they don't really have noteworthy ones, or at least i haven't read them), plus they're kinda boosted by the main characters they're attached 2. I like them as characters. The top 3 fit the criteria better. I would order solo books if they came out with one. There's other female characters that are entertaining personalities but I don't fukk with character wise enough to follow their arcs, if that makes sense. :heh:Emma Frost, Selena Kyle, Felicia Hardy, Kate bishop. Witty but that's about it...

c06ceffb1e70ab116e7f5707dad7e612.jpg
0912-ff1-20.jpg

17vyqvlh8yj46jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Contest of the Champions was hot garbage. If they wanted to bring Maestro into the regular Marvel U then there are a million better ways to do it than to b*stardize a concept that was actually done really well in its original incarnation.
Maestro should have been used as the new main villain for one of the 900 new Avengers team books.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For all the bytching they're going to do for ANAD Marvel as a whole, it's still gonna sell like hot cakes. It'll do much better than how DC's most recent attempt went anyway, IMO.

In fact, with all the bytching about diversity "changes"... hilariously:
  • Tony Stark is still Iron Man and, with Bendis, will sell like hot cakes even as Bendis pisses people off as he always does.
  • Peter Parker is still Spider-Man; still has the "Amazing" title; the book will still sell like hot cakes, and is a logical progression for Parker, who can't be this supposed super scientist but still be broke as hell snappin pictures or teachin 6th grade earth science enterin his 30s...
  • There's still a billion and one Spider titles from Miles to Gwen to 2099 but "waaah waaah diversity is affecting my enjoyment! It's just gonna be the black kid now!"
  • "I can't recognize the Avengers anymore" :pachaha:...like we didn't have an 8 year stretch that featured Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Jessica Drew as the core team on the core Avengers book that was a top seller despite all the bytching Bendis was getting about everyone sounding like Spider-Man (which they did). This type of shameless reshuffling has been goin on for a decade now. So for the next 12 months a team of Miles, Kamala, Nova, Vision, Iron Man, Lady-Thor and FalCap... + beautiful art and being promoted as the "core" Avengers book... will do just fine. In fact, it'll likely do 100-150k+ first couple issues out the gate, and it'll be up to Waid's story telling to retain the readers.

X-Men and Fantastic Four stans may have legit beef (:dame:) but with everything else... i look at what Marvel is doing (with A-Force, Ultimates, Power Man/Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, Squadron Supreme, Black Panther, etc)... and i go: I like this shyt better than the bullshyt of yesteryear. Marvel never had a "good ol days" for my tastes. Just a buncha white guys with questionable execution for the non-whites.
Stop being a Stan . Dc is doing some good shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Stop being a Stan . Dc is doing some good shyt
Don't confuse me with whatever it is all you/those MCU-DCU fanboys are doing with each other in those movie threads. Idgaf and am strictly talkin about the anti-diversity crying.

DC had some recent controversy with the alleged "no more bat-girling" rumors that was reported a few weeks ago, that's what I'm referring to in regards to their attempts.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't confuse me with whatever it is all you/those MCU-DCU fanboys are doing with each other in those movie threads. Idgaf and am strictly talkin about the anti-diversity crying.

DC had some recent controversy with the alleged "no more bat-girling" rumors that was reported a few weeks ago, that's what I'm referring to in regards to their attempts.
My bad Breh . As a fan of both companies this Stan war is as bad as Sony /ms . Marvel has some interesting offerings but the problems with SW is making me meh especially how they seem to have used it as a way to fix stuff . Like tony no longer being Inverted , doubt we get a follow up on havok wasp stuff .