Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Iron man was pretty good, actually.

It made me realize that my problem with Bendis (besides the OBVIOUS) is that he's MUCH better off when he's writing one or two characters.

And this actually reads like BENDIS.

I haven't read it yet but everytime I read a good issue by Bendis I give it three issues and generally that's one more than it takes for the book to turn to absolute shyt.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Only thing i dislike is that the x-men book was pushed back and there is really no set date on the Miles book

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The Daredevil preview in that Marvel Point One book was so fukking good. I haven't enjoyed anything Daredevil in comics like that in years

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I guess I'm in the minority on Bendis. I generally like him but mostly its because i love his dialogue. I'm a sucker for that shyt
Bendis writes a terrible Doom and I anticipate this Iron Man run descending into a pile of dogshyt. Here is the last time I recall Bendis writing Doom:
5ooiuj1.jpg

:stopitslime:

Anyhoo...Siege and Secret Wars #6 were both really good.
Avengers #0 was good; I am digging the looks of all the Avengers teams (even thought he art on the New Avengers is awful) except for that bullshyt Captain Marvel and Alpha Flight crap.
A bunch of lesbians on a space station are not fukking Alpha Flight.:camby:
And I think James Robinson may have finally found the perfect book for himself at Marvel with the Squadron Supreme.

Notreally liking Jason Aaron writing Doctor Strange like the magician version of Tony Stark though. They should have got Hickman to do the Strange solo book; he had a good handle on Strange's voice.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Siege #4 :wow: :banderas:

Secret Wars was good but way too many shyt happened off panel. Like

How did both Reeds met? How did Namor and Black Panther ended up doing that mission? Who the fukk is The Prophet? It's gotta be Maximus I guess but how did that came to be?

The only one I know is the Thanos and Ben Grimm story because of Siege

Are any of those things explained in other tie-ins?

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Secret Wars :whew:

Considering the Iron man ending
I wonder if Doom ends up keeping some of the beyonders powers

What If Infinity: Thanos
Steve has balls...but come on man.. you had to know how that shyt was really gonna turn out :to:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Siege #4 :wow: :banderas:

Secret Wars was good but way too many shyt happened off panel. Like

How did both Reeds met? How did Namor and Black Panther ended up doing that mission? How the fukk is The Prophet? It's gotta be Maximus I guess but how did that came to be?

The only one I know is the Thanos and Ben Grimm story because of Siege

Are any of those things explained in other tie-ins?
The prophet thing was explained in the issue. I'm pretty sure its
Maximus

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Siege #4:wow:

Secret Wars was piff.:banderas:

:russ: @ Valeria ethering the Reeds.

Black Panther (I guess Franklin too) is the only one with the means to do anything to Doom. That answers one question.

This wait for the conclusion sucks.

Minority Excellence hour / The Ultimates. :blessed:Scary hours if they get called in to stop villainous fukkery. I need to read up on Chavez.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Damn Marvel was on one this week. :whew:

Secret Wars was amazing. The Siege was as well.
Black Panther with the gauntlet :blessed:

Dr. Strange was dope. :heh: Jason Aaron is hit or miss, but he excels at weird :demonic: shyt (Ghost Rider, Wolverine goes to hell).

I'm no Bendis fan, but I have always felt he writes a good Iron Man. Looks like he's in the right book as well, just like Aaron. Iron Man was good.

Spider-Man seems promising too. All New All Different era is off to a good start.

Last edited:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The prophet thing was explained in the issue. I'm pretty sure its
Maximus
If you read the last issue of Old Man Logan, they make it seem like he's the Prophet.

Where's Terrax though?

Apocalypse and his goons gave Corvus and Proxima that work. :heh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Copped the amazing variant as it was the only one the shop had. Shyt was $10 though, no way am I copping these on the reg for that much lol. I want the iron man one but I'm not going out of my way to get it

Breh, I paid the same, too. :francis:

I called and the dude only had 1 Amazing left. Originally I wasn't gonna cop it because I'm not big on Spidey, but I thought, "it's Spidey 1 and a dope cover." :manny:

I got that and COC. I didn't even recognize the price because I was having a convo with dude.

Thankfully I'm only getting 3-4 more. Still, tho, about 60 bucks. And me being tight with dough. I'm a mix of :why: and :manny:

EDIT: As of today with the recent list of ones dropping, I'm only gonna cop 3 more. :whew:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh, I paid the same, too. :francis:

I called and the dude only had 1 Amazing left. Originally I wasn't gonna cop it because I'm not big on Spidey, but I thought, "it's Spidey 1 and a dope cover." :manny:

I got that and COC. I didn't even recognize the price because I was having a convo with dude.

Thankfully I'm only getting 3-4 more. Still, tho, about 60 bucks. And me being tight with dough. I'm a mix of :why: and :manny:

That shyt is crazy lol. I might get one or two more but that's it. And that's if I can find them. No goose chasing