Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I just read the Doomed #1 8 page preview on DC's website its surprisingly good plus the lead seems to be a brother so i'll be supporting that on Wednesday

I swear black men are a fetish in comics now :dwillhuh:

BG-Cv44-a29b7.jpg

I just took a look at the preview on cbr. The concept looks interesting enough. The only issues I have with it aren't story related but more so aesthetics. i.e. his monster form looks pretty basic and unimaginative. And then two, the art you showed is fantastic. but the art of the actual preview... I wouldn't have even known to click on it or give it a try... which is probably why I never did until you brought it to my attention lol.

But b/c of what you posted and now knowing it's starring a breh, I'll have to give it a look.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just took a look at the preview on cbr. The concept looks interesting enough. The only issues I have with it aren't story related but more so aesthetics. i.e. his monster form looks pretty basic and unimaginative. And then two, the art you showed is fantastic. but the art of the actual preview... I wouldn't have even known to click on it or give it a try... which is probably why I never did until you brought it to my attention lol.

But b/c of what you posted and now knowing it's starring a breh, I'll have to give it a look.
That pic is not from Doomed; its the cover to September's Batgirl. Barbara is getting involved with Lucius Fox's son.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That pic is not from Doomed; its the cover to September's Batgirl. Barbara is getting involved with Lucius Fox's son.

My bad.

Batgirl, Supergirl, Powergirl, Captain Marvel... i don't feel its coincidence but i don't know what to make of it either lol

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I read something last week or the week before with Axel Alonso saying they were trying to figure out that very question. He's their most popular character on the screen and Breevort even said he's to them now what spider-man was to them in the 60s and 70s (kinda think they're gassing it) so how do you translate that to comic book sells? I guess they figure Bendis has the touch

I know within the fictional world of the MU he's considered a top-tier hero by his peers, but as a comic book character, Iron Man has always been B-league to me. It is hard to explain because I enjoy him in the movies but I've never had an interest in reading Iron Man. I like him in the Avengers, but I would never pick up his solo book. Maybe it comes down to Robert Downey Jr.?

I also don't think he has that many good villains. It's other businessmen and other guys in armored suits.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know within the fictional world of the MU he's considered a top-tier hero by his peers, but as a comic book character, Iron Man has always been B-league to me. It is hard to explain because I enjoy him in the movies but I've never had an interest in reading Iron Man. I like him in the Avengers, but I would never pick up his solo book. Maybe it comes down to Robert Downey Jr.?

I also don't think he has that many good villains. It's other businessmen and other guys in armored suits.

Yeah Bendis said as much about the villains and they're trying to give him some good ones

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:scust: The way Bryan Hitch does eyes.
Hitch's stuff is just so blah to me now. Without Paul Neary inking his stuff it just aint the same. I did like JLA #1. You can tell that Hitch picked up some of his storytelling style from working with Ellis and Millar.

Southern b*stards continues to be amazing. Coach Boss is a total dikk.

Squadron Sinister was really good...had a lot of "inspiration" from the Crime Syndicate over at DC though.

Doomed was good. I like the Peter Parker with a twist vibe of the lead character right down to his version of Aunt May being a bit off in the head.

Secret Six finally feels like the Secret Six. A lot of it has to do with Dale Eaglesham's art and Gail Simone realizing that dark humor is what made this team worth a damn the first time around.