Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How's Darkseid in the new 52? What are they doing with him?

Only thing I read of him is the JL battle to start of the series and his shytty origins in the Villains month.

I'm a HUGE fan of his older stuff and I'll cop collected material of him in the new 52.
He is currently destroying Earth 2 in the subpar Earth 2: World's End series.
He will be appearing in a huge Justice League story this summer called "Darkseid War" where he squares up with the Anti-Monitor.
FYDRo1U.jpg

The thing about the New 52 Darkseid I like is that he is a singular being in the Multiverse...there aren't 52 different versions of Darkseid out there, its just the one. he is a multiversal threat.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:usure:
Here is one taking down 3 celestials
Q16Dbou.png

That same one taking down some more
1UJeUSz.png

a Pile of celestial dead bodies
oecZUpr.png

The only one they took down as group was the living tribunal and it was 3 of them, Thor's group should have been moped the second they showed up :heh:

the only counter to that is they didn't take them seriously as a threat. One got turned to a tree because he was overrun with ex nihili from the start and the other died because he got caught in the explosion of Starbrand. That last one did however wreck Starbrand, Thor, and Hyperion like they were nothing. Also give Thor some credit, he taken down a Celestial by himself in Uncanny Avengers.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
You now what I didn't like abouth the Beyonders
They so bad they can they kill celestials and eternals by themselves yet one got taken down by being turned into a fukking tree and the other by fukking thor and his bromance lover :heh:
I could be wrong but I'm thinking they fought the abstracts and Celestials in wild space, the space outside of the multiverse, and they're more powerful there. That's why they set the trap to bring them there.

They're not quite as powerful within universes.

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
Darkseid v.s. the Anti-Monitor? :gladbron:

I don't even like Thor like that, but Hickman had me like :to:
:usure:
Here is one taking down 3 celestials
Q16Dbou.png

That same one taking down some more
1UJeUSz.png

a Pile of celestial dead bodies
oecZUpr.png

The only one they took down as group was the living tribunal and it was 3 of them, Thor's group should have been moped the second they showed up :heh:

They did say the Beyonders had done a lot of prep to take on the Celestials tho

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
What do yall make of this? :patrice:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alonso-teases-new-world-for-x-men-following-secret-wars

Sounds like post-Secret Wars, XMen could be relaunched in its own separate universe because of Fox owning the movie copyright.

I can live with that. At least they won't be going away.

That would explain that bullshyt retcon about SW and Quiksilver being Inhumans and not really Magneto's kids.

In recent years, I've started to feel like the X-Men don't really fit in the mainstream Marvel universe with everyone else due the nature of their struggle clashing with how other superpowered heroes are treated, and they were better off in their own universe (this is the reason I'm ok with Fox having their film rights and the X-Men not being in the MCU).

This reboot is the perfect opportunity to make this happen.

Last edited:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
In recent years, I've started to feel like the X-Men don't really fit in the mainstream Marvel universe with everyone else due the nature of their struggle clashing how other superpowered heroes are treated, and they were better off in their own universe (this is the reason I'm ok with Fox having their film rights and the X-Men not being in the MCU).

This reboot is the perfect opportunity to make this happen.
Throughout the 80's, 90's, and most of the 00's the X-universe kinda was its own universe within the MU. The started to overlap some with House of M. It was always kinda clunky when they did stories to try and integrate them with the larger MU.

The more I think about it, this might be a good move. I just hope they give the XU high quality artists and writers. What if they bring Grant Morrison back. :banderas:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
the only issue I have with that is Beast and Wolverine are pretty well integrated into the overall Marvel universe
I never liked Wolverine being in the Avengers anyway. It made no sense. Beast in the Illuminati was cool, but they can live without him...or Prof. X.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I never liked Wolverine being in the Avengers anyway. It made no sense. Beast in the Illuminati was cool, but they can live without him...or Prof. X.

what about spider man & wolverine crossovers, or wolverine versus the hulk, or wolverine vs the Hand? Some of the best Wolverine stories had nothing to do with the X-Men or mutants and was more about him interacting with the rest of Marvel

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
what about spider man & wolverine crossovers, or wolverine versus the hulk, or wolverine vs the Hand? Some of the best Wolverine stories had nothing to do with the X-Men or mutants and was more about him interacting with the rest of Marvel
I never read too much of Wolverine solo myself so it's nothing to me. I'm sure they can still write good Wolverine stories in an XU without Hand stories and SM or Hulk team ups.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The X-Men were always their own universe. That's why Av really made no sense. They left the X-Men alone every other time, now Nova spots the Phoenix and they care? Cyclops was right for telling them to "fukk off".
The X-Men story about how they're hated and feared for being different makes more sense if the mutants are relegated to their own universe.

I'm on board with an XU. Look forward to it if it happens.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I never read too much of Wolverine solo myself so it's nothing to me. I'm sure they can still write good Wolverine stories in an XU without Hand stories and SM or Hulk team ups.

It takes away from all the characters involved. Marvel can make a XU but I have no doubt they will eventually fukk around and its going to end up just like Earth 2 for DC or the ultimate universe.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I started reading the Magneto series and ran thru most of them. I did not expect to like it as much as I do. I was shocked to see the spirit of Prof. X say that Magneto was right.