Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
All New All Different Avengers lineup is beginning to be released
Marvel-teaser-055d0.jpg

You got anymore of those I can color?
:lupe:

Also, these new kids are gonna be mad when they get the issue thinking they are fighting Hulk and find out its Radioactive Man. Thats kind of a lame trick.

f755bfba4d.png

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
This whole time I thought Hickman gave him the un-worthy hammer a few issues back b/c the lady-thor mandate was fukking up how he wanted to use Thor...

... but turns out he was simply planting the seeds for the most worthy of endings :ohhh:

He did good there, masterful shyt.
Hickman wrote the best ending to Thor (if Thor were to end). If comics books had definative endings, this would be Thors:mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Random Thoughts:
  • Hickman said a while back that secret wars was going to be a horror story of sorts, so if anything it'll be fun, amusing or perhaps infuriating (for some) when he starts murking characters left and right. I expect there to be some climatic deaths along the lines of last issue and what we thought was Namor's demise a few issues back.
  • Still one more issue but Future's End kinda lost me direction wise from when it first started. They had so many moving parts and i just don't think they did a good job of putting it all together. What was the point of Fifty Sue or the whole Frankenstein/Amethyst angle? If not for the #0 issue where we saw Frank with Black Canary's face stitched on his stomach kill Flash, I'd wonder what connection he even had to deserve any focus. And halfway through, i thought Brother Eye was Brainiac or a sub-program but i guess not.. b/c BrotherEye helped them stop brainiac before then trying take over like brainiac was doing anyway...
So when Brother Eye was doing all that stuff in Cadmus Island for months/years, all the while 'serving' Mr. Terrific.. that had nothing to do with Brainiac coming?​

Oh and Tim simply goes back 5 years, tells brother eye to stop.. and that's all it took. :heh:
  • I like the re-imagined JSA characters (Power Girl, Val Zod, Huntress, Grandpa Batman, Garrick, Hawkwoman, Terrific, Miracle, Fury etc) but World's End did/has dragged on too long. I know part of that is probably due to the start date of convergence, and so having to go at a snails pace to tell a story that really could've been told in half the amount of issues. Hopefully once the post-convergence on-going starts, we can get some actual 'breathing room' for character development.