Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
How much does digital sales mean to overall sales? It's hard to get a straight answer on that...
Its hard to know since they never release the figures but apparently Ms Marvel sells more for Marvel digitally.

Last edited:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
nailbiter always got me on the edge of my seat. this shyt needs a movie or a tv show

excited5.gif

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
reading New Avengers for the first time. up to issue 22.

Dr. Strange is a badass brehs. bytch slaps the wizard from the other earth and calls some demonic tentacle thing from another dimension:whoo: is this him at his weakest since he had already sold his soul? I know he's way underpowered compared to his classic version, but he isn't a pushover from what i've read

IMAG0696-1_zps51b4793e.jpg

but-i-thought-peter-capaldi-was-the-new-doctor.jpg

"I AM THE DOCTOR":gladbron::banderas:

hopefully the movies do him justice:blessed:

strange has always been my personal GOAT

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Nailbiter is always dope. This was the first week ever I bought more Image shyt than Marvel.

The Dying and the dead #2 was really well written, y'all should hop on that.

No Mercy #1 was an okay book I'm not sure if I'll read #2 yet

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'll be checking out Convergence based on which old characters are in which books (same as I plan to do with Secret Wars).

Rage of Ultron was absolute shyt. It annoys the hell out of me that so many of Marvel's writers write Hank Pym like he has had no character growth since 1985. Steve Englehart in West Coast Avengers and Kurt Busiek in his Avengers run addressed every emotional/mental issue Pym has ever had and resolved it all. Yet these dudes like Bendis and Remender continue to write the character like none of that character growth ever happened. It would be like only writing Tony Stark as a teetering drunkard or Reed Richards as a condescending emotionally distant cold fish. Plus the whole Rage of Ultron ending was terrible.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I was on a New Avengers binge yesterday. Read up until the 8 months later thing. Now I'm confused as hell. (From the incursions and the Cabal piff to Tony Stark captive and Sue Richards working for the government :mindblown:, and those multiverse Avengers outta nowhere)

I'll pick up the Avengers book from the beginning to see if that helps. Is there another book I should read to understand what happened?