Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please read Image Comics mini-series (no pun intended)

about the midget war vet "Big Man Plans".

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That is pretty much where I am right now with it. Doom is my favorite Marvel villain but once he was revealed I was like :beli:...so I am anxiously awaiting the explanation Hickman is going to give.

Hickman's explanation may very well contain five years of his writings, so you better make sure your body is ready.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say people who don't like the reveal probably won't care for the revelation. But we will see how it goes....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Please read Image Comics mini-series (no pun intended)

about the midget war vet "Big Man Plans".
I picked that one up just for the cover but I haven't read it yet.
LdGM71F.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
question

in regards to Rabum Alal's identity

are people bummed he's not an original character?

or would have preferred he was someone else other than who he turned out to be?

me personally? Was thinking it was going to be
Ultron
, and am more than happy that did not turn out to be the case
I admit to hoping it would be one of the Marvel cosmic characters and I was leaning towards
Adam Warlock
just for the whole religious angle.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
That would have been a helluva way to reintroduce him to the Marvel Universe

and if i remember correctly I think i've read some interviews where some writers have asked to use that character, but he's been deemed off limits.

I liked the reveal myself, and as I said earlier was not expecting him. When I thought about it it really did make sense as it harkens back to the original Secret Wars. Check this out

3316780-1811261535-SW11_.jpg

:mindblown:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I admit to hoping it would be one of the Marvel cosmic characters and I was leaning towards
Adam Warlock
just for the whole religious angle.

yeah, I done posted like semi-essays in this thread (or on another board) about it, buy I somewhat agree with you, in I thought it was

The Magus
, being that even though that future is a blank slate, it STILL has to happen on some Doctor Who shyt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

and if i remember correctly I think i've read some interviews where some writers have asked to use that character, but he's been deemed off limits.

I liked the reveal myself, and as I said earlier was not expecting him. When I thought about it it really did make sense as it harkens back to the original Secret Wars. Check this out

I was expecting him to get more shine after the Beyonder(s) stuff and the scenes with Molecule Man and then the announcement of the big Secret Wars event. Just was not expecting him to be revealed as "The One" behind all of this stuff.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Now I was reading the OG Secret War before the newest new avengers and when I got to the part it made a lot sense especially knowing his original role in the OG Secret Wars.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TF is up with Superman's new costume? :dahell:

4444156-ac_cv411.jpg

WW though :banderas:

4444129-ww_cv41.jpg
That isn't new; it is what he wore in the start if his new 52 career before getting the Kryptonian armor suit. The Grant Morrison issues of Action Comics had him in the t-shirt and jeans look for a while.

I like that WW costume except for those wrist blade things.