Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
That isn't new; it is what he wore in the start if his new 52 career before getting the Kryptonian armor suit. The Grant Morrison issues of Action Comics had him in the t-shirt and jeans look for a while.

I like that WW costume except for those wrist blade things.

This is a new outfit outfit post-Convergence. The action comics one was a bit different with the cape and the shade of blue

Action-Comics-4-variant-Superman-Superboy.jpg

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
So marvel's and dc's big events are pretty much the same thing. The convergence of their multiverse into a single entity, while continuing old storylines from different eras before the big conclusion. At least marvel not constantly rebooting their universe.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So marvel's and dc's big events are pretty much the same thing. The convergence of their multiverse into a single entity, while continuing old storylines from different eras before the big conclusion. At least marvel not constantly rebooting their universe.
DC's not doing another reboot though. Convergence is just an event but things are still going to be in the same New 52 universe. All DC is doing is allowing the writers to have more creative freedom.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I was :beli: on the Doom reveal now this whole book feels like DoomWank which Hickman is notorious for. I would have preferred literally anyone else and I like Doom.

The DC costume shyt looks like Speculator bait so DC can win June this year because they will obviously lose in September this time around.

I like the Superman one but I would have preferred it with a cape like Morrison's Action Comics

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I really don't understand anything going on in DC anymore. Why the fukk is batman in bat armor? is he Tony Stark now?

And didn't Romita just re-design Superman's costume like a month ago?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
DC's not doing another reboot though. Convergence is just an event but things are still going to be in the same New 52 universe. All DC is doing is allowing the writers to have more creative freedom.

it feels like a soft reboot though. either way i'll still probably read both them even though i feel :yeshrug:about them. i'm down for dc giving creators more room to play.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you're a '90s kid, there's a good chance the "X-Men" animated series that ran from 1992 to 1997 on Fox Kids has a special place in your heart (and that you've never quite gotten Gambit's accent out of your head). It's also likely that you were very intrigued by the "X-Men '92" teaser that Marvel released back in November.

Four months later, all has now been revealed via Polygon: "X-Men '92" is a digital-first "Secret Wars" series from the team of Chris Sims and Chad Bowers, co-writers of "Down Set Fight" for Oni Press, and "Deadpool" artist Scott Koblish -- and indeed, it's based on the beloved '90s cartoon.

"I was 10 years old in 1992," Sims, a longtime writer at ComicsAlliance, told Polygon. "That was the perfect time to get into the X-Men. There was just so much going on, and all those complicated stories and over-the-top characters were just so enticing, and not just because they were time-travelers with huge guns and scrappy little dudes with knives on their hands. It was this whole weird, complex world that I wanted to see more of, and now we're getting the chance to go in and make it even weirder."

"X-Men '92" is slated to debut in Marvel's digital-exclusive Infinite Comics format in May -- Polygon says it'll be the first series to spin out of "Secret Wars" -- with a print version available starting in June.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/90s-animated-x-men-return-in-digital-exclusive-x-men-92

:wow: