Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, if Infinity Gauntlet is the comic to read to prepare ourselves for the Avengers trilogy

then what is DC's equivalent? I'm assuming the 3rd Justice League film will inevitability conclude with Darkseid, No?
Eh it's hard to say because DC doesn't necessaryily seem to be building to a specific storyline. I guess it depends where b vs s goes. It could build to darkseid , doomsday , brainaic etc but for getting a understanding of darseid I guess the new gods and fourth world stuff . Maybe the first arc of Geoff johns for how new 52 darseid is kind of portrayed . It feels like unlike thanos darkseid has has more interaction with the main dc heroes while thanos stays in the cosmic side mostly

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if anybody wants to make some suggestions, I'll try and get it for you :jawalrus:
Sagas pretty good but idk if a solider wants to read that :patrice: Hawkeye is good , Grayson , new avengers and avengers ( Hickman ) aquaman ( Geoff johns ) superior spiderman , invincible would be great for me as I fell off like for 2 years I think . Oh and batman zero year too If you can .

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Sagas pretty good but idk if a solider wants to read that :patrice: Hawkeye is good , Grayson , new avengers and avengers ( Hickman ) aquaman ( Geoff johns ) superior spiderman , invincible would be great for me as I fell off like for 2 years I think . Oh and batman zero year too If you can .

I'll see what I can do :troll:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
Eh it's hard to say because DC doesn't necessaryily seem to be building to a specific storyline. I guess it depends where b vs s goes. It could build to darkseid , doomsday , brainaic etc but for getting a understanding of darseid I guess the new gods and fourth world stuff . Maybe the first arc of Geoff johns for how new 52 darseid is kind of portrayed . It feels like unlike thanos darkseid has has more interaction with the main dc heroes while thanos stays in the cosmic side mostly

I was just tellin my mans how hard it is to keep up with the comic world

I'm a complete noob at this sh1t and I'm just so overwhelmed by all the material, past, present and future

The Comic world is just so damn deep and hard to follow/keep up with.

Don't even know where to start

:mjcry:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Rabum Alal :patrice:
Not what I was expecting :ehh:

nor I but you know what...it makes sense if you go back to this

secret_wars_10.jpg

Doom has had a long standing grudge vs. The Beyonder, and to think back here he 'almost' defeated him.

and discovering there is a whole race of Beyonders - who were more powerful than the 'child unit' he encountered in the original Secret Wars, and with Molecule Man & now Dr. Strange in place....THE WAR IS ON

:whew:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
this is the first time I clicked on a comic spoiler without reading the book first.

I saw this cover and my heart skipped a motherfukking beat. :ooh::krs::banderas::lawd::wow::mjcry:

nor I but you know what...it makes sense if you go back to this

secret_wars_10.jpg

Doom has had a long standing grudge vs. The Beyonder, and to think back here he 'almost' defeated him.

and discovering there is a whole race of Beyonders - who were more powerful than the 'child unit' he encountered in the original Secret Wars, and with Molecule Man & now Dr. Strange in place....THE WAR IS ON

:whew:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:gladbron::whoo::wow::banderas::damn:

wow new avengers

"All hope lies in Doom"

It makes complete sense now....my head is spinning right now did not expect that. I have WAYYY too many questions now

When we get the whole back story of how Doom pulled this shyt off/Why become Rabum Alul?/How long has he been doing this? THATS whats really going to make us go :whoo:

Hickman FF run just keeps getting better and better the way it ties into Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm gonna reserve criticism of the reveal of Rabum Alal's true identity until after Hickman has a chance to explain it.
But if that explanation is ass cheeks...:ufdup:

That's fair. But who did you wanted or expected Rabum Alal to be?