Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm giving them benefit of the doubt but I also know it could be complete and utter BS
To me I think civil war ( as polarizing a story as it was ) is there last really well handled event . Now everything except maybe infinity feels like a cash grab . I hope marvel knows what they doing I do like hickmans avenger saga . I heard he was leaving after secret war though

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So now they doing a soft reboot ? Smh long as miles still exists and James howlett.

Yea I think it's all but obvious that they're bringing Miles over to be the nightwing to spiderman's batman. meaning they'll work independently of each other but will naturally have their team-ups and interactions. Miles is pretty popular even despite carrying a lone decimated universe on his back as the only real appeal at this point. Only question id have is whether they'll give him a name change since Peter Parker will remain or inevitably resume being Spider-man regardless of if they give him back his wife/kid.

I expect Miles and Samuel L Jackson Fury to make the transition once the dust settles. Probably some incarnation of wolverine as well.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hickman can reboot all of Marvel comics but still can't finish up those last issues of SHIELD. :mjcry:

Seriously, where the fukk is my SHIELD, Hickman? :mjcry:

Even Ellis and Cassaday managed to make shyt drop faster. :mjcry:

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
I’m trying to remember. I think it was while he was working on Secret Warriors and we had maybe started talking about Fantastic Four. At that time, Jonathan had an idea for a book that would be called Secret Wars but actually ended up being the story, in a way, he’s told so far in Avengers and New Avengers. The Illuminati, dealing with alternate universes and incursions… it all goes back to the middle of Secret Warriors as an idea of his. When the opportunity arose for him to take over the Avengers book, he said he’d like to do that story here and tailor it for the two titles structurally. Had that not have happened, he probably would have officially pitched doing a series containing that story called Secret Wars or something else.

http://www.newsarama.com/23206-insi...t-and-the-original-plans-for-secret-wars.html

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Yall agree with these selections?

:russ:@them putting Chuck Austen's entire X-Men run up there. It should've been higher on the list. It was atrocious and the fact that it came right after Morrison's legendary work made it even worse.

One More Day and Sins Past were both well-deserved. I don't know why Civil War was up there though.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:russ:@them putting Chuck Austen's entire X-Men run up there. It should've been higher on the list. It was atrocious and the fact that it came right after Morrison's legendary work made it even worse.

One More Day and Sins Past were both well-deserved. I don't know why Civil War was up there though.
Yeah I did not expect them to put someone's entire run on the list.

Civil War is pretty polarizing. You either love it or hate it. There are people here on the Coli that dislike it as well. Personally, I loved it. Civil War is what got me back into reading comics.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah I did not expect them to put someone's entire run on the list.

Civil War is pretty polarizing. You either love it or hate it. There are here on the Coli that dislike it as well. Personally, I loved it. Civil War is what got me back into reading comics.

You can Love it or Hate it but it doesn't deserve to be on any WORST list. It's at the very least well written and competent.