Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
So Marvel is finally doing the one thing they always criticized DC for doing?

I don't see it lasting. I don't see them keeping something called "Battleworld" in the long run. They'll rip it all apart a year or two from now probably.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So Marvel is finally doing the one thing they always criticized DC for doing?

I don't see it lasting. I don't see them keeping something called "Battleworld" in the long run. They'll rip it all apart a year or two from now probably.

I would say "they seem pretty adamant it'll stick" but I don't believe anything that comes out of their mouths after years and years of events supposedly being permanent only to be wiped away but I'm very very interested

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Then what then? :dwillhuh: :wtf:

Are they just doing their own version of Crisis?

Yeah they're saying that everything that happened still happened they're just merging worlds and things will be different because of it. So it's a soft reboot they just don't want to use that word because they said they never would

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they're saying that everything that happened still happened they're just merging worlds and things will be different because of it. So it's a soft reboot they just don't want to use that word because they said they never would

Having their cake and eating it too. :yeshrug:

When you're combining universes and making sweeping changes across your entire line and you're talking "some characters leave the board, new ones enter... this is the end cap for the five previous decades", that's a reboot to me. Just calling it like I see it. :birdman:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Having their cake and eating it too. :yeshrug:

When you're combining universes and making sweeping changes across your entire line and you're talking "some characters leave the board, new ones enter... this is the end cap for the five previous decades", that's a reboot to me. Just calling it like I see it. :birdman:

I agree. When you say "hey we can bring back Gwen Stacy and Peter and MJ will be married raising a kid" I smell a reboot