Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cap's actions are the most :wtf: of the Hickman books. I thought he was inverted or something but after painfully reading Axis, he wasn't a vendictive old man in that story. Hickman really doesn't like dude :pachaha:
I have been saying that from the beginning...Hickman hates Captain America and he barely tries to hide it in his writing.

And considering this story is taking place in the near future what are the odds that none of the stuff we are saying ever actually happens? Hickman has been fukking about with time just like every other Marvel book seems to be so Namor and Black Panther's "final" confrontation will probably be wiped away in a few issues like it never really happened.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That was some bullshyt though. Silver Surfer used to go toe to toe with Thanos solo.

That whole book seemed like Starlin was being a bitter old man trying to flex his ego and shyt on the work of DnA and say he's the boss of this cosmic shyt.
That's why I don't like Starlin's Thanos these days

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
That's why I don't like Starlin's Thanos these days
Yeah Starlin is a legend, but in his two recent Thanos/Warlock stories, the Revelations graphic novel and the other one were like he was acknowledging the cosmic work done by other writers, but subsequently dismissing it and saying "This is how you do it" and just picking up from his old stories

He came off as a petty trapped in the 90's nikka to me. Like a bitter old NYC rapper trying to "bring back real hip-hop." You can't recreate The Infinity Gauntlet in 2015.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been saying that from the beginning...Hickman hates Captain America and he barely tries to hide it in his writing.

And considering this story is taking place in the near future what are the odds that none of the stuff we are saying ever actually happens? Hickman has been fukking about with time just like every other Marvel book seems to be so Namor and Black Panther's "final" confrontation will probably be wiped away in a few issues like it never really happened.
I didn't think he hated cap until 8 months later . I mean he handled cap like a boss even in space . Now im confused he's acting like a super powered old tyrant

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I think Hickman is writing Cap fully in character. Cap won't shift his morals for shyt and he believes these guys are wrong so he's handling them like he would handle villains. We know better as readers that's why we think Cap is being an idiot.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That was some bullshyt though. Silver Surfer used to go toe to toe with Thanos solo.

That whole book seemed like Starlin was being a bitter old man trying to flex his ego and shyt on the work of DnA and say he's the boss of this cosmic shyt.

Thanos use to always beat Silver Surfer easily. I've never seen more than one encounter where Silver Surfer was able to match Thanos power besides one incident. I think SS was amped.

Thanos was also suppose to be above herald level(just like Darkseid) and easily destroy anyone below him. There is nothing BS about this imo.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Hickman is writing Cap fully in character. Cap won't shift his morals for shyt and he believes these guys are wrong so he's handling them like he would handle villains. We know better as readers that's why we think Cap is being an idiot.
Ehh but no he's also been known to put aside differences to work with people to save the world. Him being more worried about the illuminati than the cabal is :patrice: he's acting like ironman during civil war times

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
The new 52 midnighter isnt the old one who was a super batman with super prep time

Edit: fixed that for you

The 2nd time he had a bit of a cheat, but the 1st time he outlasted him while wounded. :snoop: they even had Midnighter beating Red Lanterns but I guess they revamped him again.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm so hyped for Secret Wars

Screen-Shot-2015-01-20-at-12-20-50-PM-4779c.png

616 Vs Ultimate U :ohlawd:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Ehh but no he's also been known to put aside differences to work with people to save the world. Him being more worried about the illuminati than the cabal is :patrice: he's acting like ironman during civil war times

Cap and Tony are a lot more alike than they are different.