Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Whoa they're developing this into a show I bought this on Comixology during there Image sale and I enjoyed it alot any news what channel is picking this up ?
Yup

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/13/rat-queens-cartoon-in-the-works

Image Comics' Rat Queens -- which earned IGN's Best Comic of the Month back in January, by the way -- is getting the animated series treatment, thanks to Weta Workshop's Pukeko Pictures and Heavy Metal.

The studios plan on developing the books into a half-hour cartoon before pitching it to TV networks, Variety reports. Pukeko's Martin Baynton and Adam Fratto will produce the show, along with Heavy Metal's Jeff Krelitz. HM's David Boxenbaum and Rob Prior will executive produce.

"Rat Queens is a standout in the marketplace as a diving rod for fangirls, a market as yet untouched by most comics publishers," Krelitz said of the announcement. "It is not only perfect for the TV space, but much needed."

In addition to Rat Queens, Heavy Metal is also producing Peter Panzerfaust, another of Weibe's comics, in partnership with BBC Worldwide.

Show should be a beast if they keep it exactly as is with the books.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
DC Comic heads, is the Question an even better detective than Batman? I got exposed to this character from JLU (I got a late pass on this series, I wasn't up on it in it's OG run, so I'm watching the series now.) On JLU the Question seems to go even deeper than Batman on that detective shyt. Is the Question better than Bats in the comics, or was the cartoon series playing him up?

The Question (Vic Sage) is a good detective in the comics but he isn't anywhere near Batman's level like he was on the show. The JLU show hyped him up a lot like they did with Hawkgirl.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
welp. Guess it's time to drop wonder woman. It was a good run. :to:

817RQjM.jpg
I didn't think the first issue with the new creative team was bad at all actually. I loved what Azzarello did but I for sure didn't want to see anyone doing a pale imitation of it once he left the book.
Not a fan of the art but I never liked Finch's art all that much.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Tony's given sight back to Daredevil...this should be interesting :mjlol: