Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

DMR

Killa
Daps
Azzarello the gawd :lawd: anyone knows whats his next project?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Spider-verse is just clicking with me a lot of it has to do with Coipel I'd say damn it's great to see all these Spider-men in GOAT art .

The main AXIS continues to be a source of fukkery I happen to enjoy.

The carnage tie-in's are some hilarious shyt brehs carnage trying to be a hero with his psychotic ass punching a robber so hard his eyeball fly's out of his skull :mjlol:

Daredevil continues to be one of the best solo's in superhero comics today can't wait for Waid to wrap this run up :salute:

Deadly Class was cool this week I'm kinda hoping it picks up steam soon the book is at it's best during it's most stressful times.

GOTG eh I like the art and I fux with Flash Thompson as Venom (check out Remender's run it's great) so I'll read just see what they do with the symbiote and him.

Justice League was really cool liked the parallels of the amazo virus and ebola in the book.

Pax Americana damn Morrison and Quietly again nuff said :ohlawd:

Uncanny X-men 28 Cyclops da GOAT and Beast :ufdup:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I forgot to mention Uncanny. Cyke is.... Professor X would have flaked out and bailed. Also, I enjoy Illyana and Cyke as a pairing far more than I've enjoyed Cyke and anyone except Maddy or Frenzy (who they should bring back).

Yes, I know Cyke and Illyana arent a couple, but a man can dream.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
DC Comic heads, is the Question an even better detective than Batman? I got exposed to this character from JLU (I got a late pass on this series, I wasn't up on it in it's OG run, so I'm watching the series now.) On JLU the Question seems to go even deeper than Batman on that detective shyt. Is the Question better than Bats in the comics, or was the cartoon series playing him up?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
welp. Guess it's time to drop wonder woman. It was a good run. :to:

817RQjM.jpg

My personal favorite was:

ntbjlUN.jpg

I'm fairly certain that not even Jack Kirby could sell me on "vegetative injustice" as a thing.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What's going on in Wonder Woman, BatWoman, and Batgirl? And is the Harley Quinn comic? Might just mass download since my speeds are off the chart now.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
DC Comic heads, is the Question an even better detective than Batman? I got exposed to this character from JLU (I got a late pass on this series, I wasn't up on it in it's OG run, so I'm watching the series now.) On JLU the Question seems to go even deeper than Batman on that detective shyt. Is the Question better than Bats in the comics, or was the cartoon series playing him up?

Q in the JLU is a conspiracist tho.

In the comics he's not like that.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Q in the JLU is a conspiracist tho.

In the comics he's not like that.
Is he still a top level detective, or just a throwaway character?

I just saw the ep were Waller captured him and was torturing him to see what he found out about Luthor. Question was cracking me up by giving up random secrets instead. "The tips on shoe laces are called aglets. They hold the braids of the laces together, but their true purpose is much more sinister...."

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Is he still a top level detective, or just a throwaway character?

I just saw the ep were Waller captured him and was torturing him to see what he found out about Luthor. Question was cracking me up by giving up random secrets instead. "The tips on shoe laces are called aglets. They hold the braids of the laces together, but their true purpose is much more sinister...."

I'd say a regular detective.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well that's disappointing. Judging from the JLU version, I thought we might have someone who can give Batman's prep time a run for his money.
It's hard to judge because really bats and Tim are the best detectives to me but we never see bat do much detective work really :yeshrug: a lot of time he already figured out whatever it is and is prepped already . The question is my nicca though

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
well cotdamn it.. Rat Queens artist/co-creator just got the boot after some domestic violence shyt popped off.

1rocupchurch.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/22804-roc-upchurch-off-rat-queens-after-domestic-violence-arrest.html
Coming off of a recent arrest of domestic violence, artist John “Roc” Upchurch, is officially off the Image series Eisner-nominated Rat Queens confirmed by the series’ writer, Kurtis J. Wiebe via his personal site.

“This is a difficult and upsetting statement to write. I couldn’t have imagined something I love so dearly would become connected to domestic violence….As of today, Roc Upchurch will no longer be illustrating Rat Queens. This is going to be a transitionary period for the series as we rebuild and prepare for a new start.”

Wiebe also stated that he still has a lot of love for Upchurch. “I’ve spent a lot of time with him, at conventions and signings and quiet times over dinner when the crowds have gone away. Shannon and I have spent time with his wife, whom we admire greatly.” He continued with he still cares about and love Roc and “[his] greatest hope is that in all this there is an opportunity to find help and for healing to take place in his family.”

No name has been announced yet as Upchurch’s replacement. Rat Queens has been a fan favorite and critically acclaimed, as well as one of the most known books that features an all-female primary cast.

If you or a loved one are a victim of domestic violence, please visit www.thehotline.org for more information and assistance.

Dude was a beast with the art, and since they're adapting it into a half hour animated show, i was hoping they'd carry over with his art style.

rq.jpg

RatQueens2-6.jpg

ratqueens04_p4.jpg

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
well cotdamn it.. Rat Queens artist/co-creator just got the boot after some domestic violence shyt popped off.

1rocupchurch.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/22804-roc-upchurch-off-rat-queens-after-domestic-violence-arrest.html

Dude was a beast with the art, and since they're adapting it into a half hour animated show, i was hoping they'd carry over with his art style.

rq.jpg

RatQueens2-6.jpg

ratqueens04_p4.jpg
Whoa they're developing this into a show I bought this on Comixology during there Image sale and I enjoyed it alot any news what channel is picking this up ?