Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Avengers/New Avengers :ohlawd:

Amazing Spider-Man was dope but I'm starting to hate Silk

Superman/ Wonder Woman was ok, I don't know why Tomasi felt he needed to add to the Justice League shyt

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They seriously need to wrap this Walking Dead shyt up
shyt is complete ass

:deadmanny: @ at that last New Ultimates them whiteboys calling my son Cloak ****** like nobodies business

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm sitting here rereading Global Frequency,

Not that I needed a reminder, but Warren Ellis is a goddamn genius. :banderas:

excitedelaine.gif

Deadline reports that Jerry Bruckheimer has signed on to produce a television adaptation of Warren Ellis' "Global Frequency" from DC Comics. The adaptation will be written by "Farscape" and "Defiance" creator Rockne S. O'Bannon. Jonathan Littman will executive produce alongside Bruckheimer, Ellis and O'Bannon, with KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing.

Ellis has confirmed the story on Twitter, saying, "My book 'Global Frequency' [is] being adapted for TV (again!)"

"Global Frequency" originally debuted as a limited series from DC Comics' now-defunct Wildstorm imprint in 2002. The 12-issue series by Ellis and twelve different artists dealted with The Global Frequency: an independent and covert intelligence organization headed up by the mysterious Miranda Zero, whose purpose is to keep the world safe from secret government projects unknown to the general public.

The series has tried to gain traction as a television series before -- an adaptation went to pilot at The WB in 2005 and reportedly was in development at The CW in 2009. "Global Frequency" is part of an already ambitious DC Comics-based television slate for the current development season that includes "Supergirl" at CBS and "Lucifer" at Fox with "Titans" rumored to be in development at TNT.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wish I could have written my thoughts on Multiversity after I had freshly read it and I was still fukked up on drugs.

I will say that it felt like I just read the entire 12 issue run of Watchmen for the first time.

I will say it was interesting to see Morrison exploring the nature of Time and Dimensional layering in the same vein that he did on his Nu52 Superman run, but with time looping back on itself.... meaning that I'll be rereading it when I get home.

And will probably read it backwards.

Masterful piece of work. Good to see Morrison back on his "Invisibles" level of mindfukkery.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So after reading NA and Avengers outside of Ironman what other characters don't get reversed back to normal post Axis?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I dropped off half through the old run and it was great gonna finish off the rest when I get time.

yeah, it was. No superhero stuff, the art was clean, crisp and unique and Azzarello's constant slick talk made it seem like The Gods had their own prose-y way of speech, almost like their own language.