Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I mean.... Avengers Disassembled changed the status quo for Marvel as a whole, specially with the Avengers. House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Seige, Heroic Age, AvX all did the same thing. And Bendis was the, if not one of the, main forces behind all of that. I think that counts, right?

I agree he doesn't respect continuity but him adding Spidey and Logan to the Avengers was a planned move, it wasn't like it came out of the blue like a lot of team members did.

Secret invasion...Seige...heroic age..none of that mattered. House of M did because it was a 8 year story that allowed for all of that to happen. The Scarlet Witch character pushed all of that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:dead: LOL, I low key felt that run was a hidden gem. They both were used to being the leader and decision maker and neither could or would adjust to each other's styles. Cap would give commands and Reed would just do his own thing, but it wound up being justified because Reed always ended up saving the day. Cap was a furious hater here, it was justified but still hilarious

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7455/nnef8n.jpg

^ Cap hating like shyt :pachaha:

I mean, the whole point of Axis is the Inversion and its effects on the characters. They are all being written "out of character" for a reason. The full effect is still being explored but what happened was by design, its not an accident that they are being written out of character
I have always thought they gave up on that off kilter team of Cap, Reed, Sue, Gilgamesh and Thor too soon.

And the inversion stuff is not coming across well at all. Everyone was emotional but not acting out of character except for Falcon and he has been acting wrong ever since they made him Capt. America.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I have always thought they gave up on that off kilter team of Cap, Reed, Sue, Gilgamesh and Thor too soon.

I agree. And I loved seeing the team dynamics play through with Reed showing he was smarter and oftentimes a better leader than Cap and Cap steaming with smoke coming out of his ears over a guy not instantly gushing over his "boss voice", haha. :pachaha:

Seeing Cap being this petty is hilarious to me:

http://imageshack.com/a/img745/6976/nIbaON.jpg

And the inversion stuff is not coming across well at all. Everyone was emotional but not acting out of character except for Falcon and he has been acting wrong ever since they made him Capt. America.

I mean... that was kinda the point. Everyone is acting out of character BECAUSE they were inverted. And Outside of Cap's book, what ELSE has FalCap really done? He made no real commands in Avengers or New Avengers thus far and has he done anything in Mighty Avengers yet?

We STILL don't know the full effects of the spell because:

A.) Doom casted the Order part instead of Dr. Strange, so was there some ulterior motives in effect?
B.) Iron Man had his Tech Invertor running the whole time, did that interfere with the spell?
C.) The whole idea behind doing Inversion was Stark's idea, and Tony has a history of being poor tactically, so it was a hail mary play at best

I mean, I feel Marvel was pretty upfront about Axis being a character driven event, the actual plot is simple as "Mega Villian causes fukkery" but its about how the heroes deal with the after-effects of the battle. And we are still in Act 1 of the story, we got ways to go before its finished and laided out.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Mannnn, that shyt sounds AMAZING. I can't fukkin wait.

Ya'll must not be X-Fans or something if you aren't excited to see this shyt lol :lolbron:
Why would a fan want to see the xmen become bad guys ??? And once again remender has a horrible grasp on social issues
I mean, over the past decade, almost everyone has been vilified, X-Men a few times, Stark probably the MOST, Cap during Civil War and Dark Reign (The shots took at him in Thunderbolts during this time were HILARIOUS :deadmanny:), King Thor, World War Hulk, The Illuminati now. I just look at it as its the X-Men's "turn" again.

But in this case, everyone is kind of mentally fukked up, so they all have a reason for being villains and it seems like they are gonna be good at it.
iron man deserved his scorn and then faced no real repercussions cause he erased his mind cyke gets possessed by the Phoenix due to avenger fukkery and he's public enemy number 1.lets be real it because the mutants aren't marvel movie property . The inversion idea is good on paper but his execution looks to be bad .
:dead: LOL, I low key felt that run was a hidden gem. They both were used to being the leader and decision maker and neither could or would adjust to each other's styles. Cap would give commands and Reed would just do his own thing, but it wound up being justified because Reed always ended up saving the day. Cap was a furious hater here, it was justified but still hilarious

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7455/nnef8n.jpg

^ Cap hating like shyt :pachaha:

I mean, the whole point of Axis is the Inversion and its effects on the characters. They are all being written "out of character" for a reason. The full effect is still being explored but what happened was by design, its not an accident that they are being written out of character
Why would cyke join up with apocalypse ? His inversion of his mutant revolution is join apocalypse ? In what way ? This inversion shyt is being used too loosely . The funniest thing is that once again Wanda /doom ( nice try with Childrens crusade ) fukk up a spell . She is fukking useless .

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Why would a fan want to see the xmen become bad guys ??? And once again remender has a horrible grasp on social issues

The X-Men have been vilified since their inception despite all the good they do, frankly at this point somebody gotta stand up for them.

And Remender is a self professed Libertarian. You may not agree with his politics, but literally how he wrote Havok's speech was the "standard" Libertarian response to ethnicity. I'm not saying I personally agree with that stance, but I don't think denying its existence is a legitimate stance to take.

iron man deserved his scorn and then faced no real repercussions cause he erased his mind cyke gets possessed by the Phoenix due to avenger fukkery and he's public enemy number 1.lets be real it because the mutants aren't marvel movie property . The inversion idea is good on paper but his execution looks to be bad .

Yes, its a complete double standard that the X-men have had to deal with constantly. Which is why at this point, I'm perfectly fine with them taking a bit of revenge on their enemies. Call me a villain if you must :youngsabo:

And the Inversion LITERALLY JUST happened. You jumping the gun a lil man, give the man time to tell his story. Don't judge an incomplete work like its a finished product. He's not really forcing people to buy his story either.

Why would cyke join up with apocalypse ? His inversion of his mutant revolution is join apocalypse ? In what way ? This inversion shyt is being used too loosely . The funniest thing is that once again Wanda /doom ( nice try with Childrens crusade ) fukk up a spell . She is fukking useless .

Bruh, we don't KNOW yet. We don't know what this story is going to bring yet, but we'll see the "WHYs" as we read it.

And yes, I did laugh at Wanda constantly fukking shyt up. Her "inverted self" is supposed to be her taking the mantle of Sorceress Supreme, so maybe she'll finally start getting shyt right for once. :lolbron:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Remender to me is getting as bad as bendis if he's never going to follow characterization And do whatever he wants to fit a story

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The X-Men have been vilified since their inception despite all the good they do, frankly at this point somebody gotta stand up for them.

And Remender is a self professed Libertarian. You may not agree with his politics, but literally how he wrote Havok's speech was the "standard" Libertarian response to ethnicity. I'm not saying I personally agree with that stance, but I don't think denying its existence is a legitimate stance to take.

Yes, its a complete double standard that the X-men have had to deal with constantly. Which is why at this point, I'm perfectly fine with them taking a bit of revenge on their enemies. Call me a villain if you must :youngsabo:

And the Inversion LITERALLY JUST happened. You jumping the gun a lil man, give the man time to tell his story. Don't judge an incomplete work like its a finished product. He's not really forcing people to buy his story either.

Bruh, we don't KNOW yet. We don't know what this story is going to bring yet, but we'll see the "WHYs" as we read it.

And yes, I did laugh at Wanda constantly fukking shyt up. Her "inverted self" is supposed to be her taking the mantle of Sorceress Supreme, so maybe she'll finally start getting shyt right for once. :lolbron:
Meh im going to give it a small chance but I gave uncanny a chance and brought every issue , axis already looking suspect and more of the remender I don't like . I also see no way that this xmen stuff Is better then Utopia. They been standing up for themselves , I saw what they did coming into San francisco I don't need to see the xmen killing and acting stupid

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Meh im going to give it a small chance but I gave uncanny a chance and brought every issue , axis already looking suspect and more of the remender I don't like . I also see no way that this xmen stuff Is better then Utopia. They been standing up for themselves , I saw what they did coming into San francisco I don't need to see the xmen killing and acting stupid

You didn't like Uncanny Avengers? I loved that book, the Apocalypse Twins storyline was amazing IMO.

Were you a fan of Remender's X-Force?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've had no problem with the Bendis stuff I've read. :birdman:
I like his xmen and got use to guardians :yeshrug:
Seriously though what fukking good is an "inversion" spell if all it does is turn the good guys bad. so stupid.
exactly . I think on paper most of these marvel events sound intriguing but they don't execute them appropriately . I need to see how exactly these changes are executed but the whole put one word on the board And invert it thing sounds like a oversimplification

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lo
You didn't like Uncanny Avengers? I loved that book, the Apocalypse Twins storyline was amazing IMO.

Were you a fan of Remender's X-Force?
Loved xforce and to me the twins started strong until rogue killing Wanda thing . :yeshrug: he seems to have a formula with his stories though

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
:mjcry:
DKni6YM.jpg

QSqJ1o2.jpg

Axis turning Marvel into Earth-3 :dead:

Seea

rill rill
Daps