Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yeah I know but after Onslaught was inverted/defeated, how is Red Skull's body alive? His head got splattered like grapefruit.

Don't OFFICIALLY know, but I'll take a crack at it...

In the original story, When Onslaught first appeared, Xavier's body was still being stored inside of Onslaught's shell, in perfect condition, and Thor actually had to rip Xavier out. Nate Grey and Franklin Richards were also both housed inside of his shell as well, in perfect condition.

I don't suppose its out of the question to believe Red Onslaught can do the same with his own body

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Also whats up with this inverted shyt. I'm a Cyclops fan. Does that mean he goes full villain or back to being a boy scout?

Actually what about all of the X-Men, a lot of those characters walk a pretty fine line to begin with.

The concept behind Axis, from what I've heard, is basically they were chopping it up at Marvel and they had this big ass white board where they wrote character's names and then the core value of each character, broken down to one word. Kinda like:

Colossus - Innocence
Wolverine - Redemption
Carnage - Chaos
etc.

They then had the idea of what if you took the opposite of the value and wrote the character that way? And that idea became Axis and the point behind Inversion. As a fan of character driven stories, I'm intrigued because its going to allow us to see what is truly behind each one of these characters and what makes them tick. Like Havok was all about towing the line and keeping the channels open between mutants and humans in this phase of life, as soon as Inversion hit, he literally wants every trace of his co-existence with the Avengers to be erased and forgotten and he has turned extremely xenophobic.

To me, its going to be interesting to see just how each of these characters turn, because its a lot more than just "good/bad"

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The concept behind Axis, from what I've heard, is basically they were chopping it up at Marvel and they had this big ass white board where they wrote character's names and then the core value of each character, broken down to one word. Kinda like:

Colossus - Innocence
Wolverine - Redemption
Carnage - Chaos
etc.

They then had the idea of what if you took the opposite of the value and wrote the character that way? And that idea became Axis and the point behind Inversion. As a fan of character driven stories, I'm intrigued because its going to allow us to see what is truly behind each one of these characters and what makes them tick. Like Havok was all about towing the line and keeping the channels open between mutants and humans in this phase of life, as soon as Inversion hit, he literally wants every trace of his co-existence with the Avengers to be erased and forgotten and he has turned extremely xenophobic.

To me, its going to be interesting to see just how each of these characters turn, because its a lot more than just "good/bad"
That's how havok was portrayed in remender writing though that's not his real traits . And meh on this inversion shyt

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are inverted, breh. The "out of character" writings are by design. And its gonna get worse, lol.

The whole idea behind the Inversion is characters are having their core values flipped. This storyline is a character study mainly. If you don't like character driven stories, I can tell you right now, you probably aren't going to like Axis.
Axis hasn't outright said all the characters are inverted but they heavily alluded to it (I mean, when that big bubble of Order/Chaos energy engulfed the island and exploded, I think that was telling that SOMETHING happened).

But we have yet to see how every character has changed yet, just that as soon as they woke up, everyone started acting funny. Its completely unlike FalCap and Havok to act like that, it was more of a subtle change than an overt one.
Falcon just acted like that in the first issue of axis breh without inversion ordering Thor around and talking slick prior to red skulls psychic influence :snoop:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That's how havok was portrayed in remender writing though that's not his real traits . And meh on this inversion shyt

For better or for worse, Remender's portrayal of Havok IS and probably WILL BE from now on, the definitive version of him. Leading the Uncanny Avengers is probably the most note worthy thing he's done.

I mean, I been reading X-comics for a while now, people don't ever define Havok by the hot-headed rogueish character he was when he started, or as a close ally of Logans, or when he was Cyclops's lite leading X-Factor, or when he turned Evil and started his own brotherhood or when he finally became his own man in Mutant X, etc. Havok as the X-men representative for the Avengers is a pretty big deal tho.

Falcon just acted like that in the first issue of axis breh without inversion ordering Thor around and talking slick prior to red skulls psychic influence :snoop:

Red Skull's psychic influence happened in the first issue of Axis when they were fighting Plant Man. I would think Thor attacking Falcon, Vision attacking Thor and Hulk choking Stark was all definitive clues.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

his November, the X-Men are finished cowering in fear. The noble mutant nation is proud to rise up and take their rightful place as Homo Superior in the name of their new leader – Apocalypse! And they’ll put an end to anyone who stands in their way! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #6 from blockbuster creators Rick Remender and Terry Dodson! Prepare for the senses shattering end to Act II: Inversion as the Marvel Universe descends into Act III: New World Disorder!

New York City now belongs to the mutants, taken over by those who once protected a world that hated and feared them. The Avengers as we know them are gone, twisted and corrupted. Battle lines will be drawn as friend and foe alike choose sides – and the battle for the survival begins. No fan can afford to miss this epic clash as sparks fly this November in AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: AXIS #6!

Yeah this inversion shyt is stupid.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
his November, the X-Men are finished cowering in fear. The noble mutant nation is proud to rise up and take their rightful place as Homo Superior in the name of their new leader – Apocalypse! And they’ll put an end to anyone who stands in their way! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #6 from blockbuster creators Rick Remender and Terry Dodson! Prepare for the senses shattering end to Act II: Inversion as the Marvel Universe descends into Act III: New World Disorder!

New York City now belongs to the mutants, taken over by those who once protected a world that hated and feared them. The Avengers as we know them are gone, twisted and corrupted. Battle lines will be drawn as friend and foe alike choose sides – and the battle for the survival begins. No fan can afford to miss this epic clash as sparks fly this November in AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: AXIS #6!

Yeah this inversion shyt is stupid.

:wow: Mannnn, that shyt sounds AMAZING. I can't fukkin wait.

Ya'll must not be X-Fans or something if you aren't excited to see this shyt lol :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
:wow: Mannnn, that shyt sounds AMAZING. I can't fukkin wait.

Ya'll must not be X-Fans or something if you aren't excited to see this shyt lol :lolbron:

Nah on the contrary, I'm a huge X-Men fan, Tired of seeing them being vilified in these "Events" This is just another case of the X-Men jogging to the Avengers.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Nah on the contrary, I'm a huge X-Men fan, Tired of seeing them being vilified in these "Events" This is just another case of the X-Men jogging to the Avengers.

I mean, over the past decade, almost everyone has been vilified, X-Men a few times, Stark probably the MOST, Cap during Civil War and Dark Reign (The shots took at him in Thunderbolts during this time were HILARIOUS :deadmanny:), King Thor, World War Hulk, The Illuminati now. I just look at it as its the X-Men's "turn" again.

But in this case, everyone is kind of mentally fukked up, so they all have a reason for being villains and it seems like they are gonna be good at it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The problem is the Avengers don't know how to take a back seat to other teams, Cap had the exact same problems when Reed Richards was part of the Avengers
I remember those comics and that was perfectly justified because Reed refused to take orders and was acting like he was still in charge.

The ending of Axis #3 was some silly forced bullshyt though. Havok storming off like a ho, Falcon and Cap acting like dikks. The decision to write these two teams as being at loggerheads has been a clusterfukk because no one has written an organic story that made sense.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If all characters are gonna be opposite of how they are now, doest this mean we should finally get a well-written Cyclops again? :mjcry:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I remember those comics and that was perfectly justified because Reed refused to take orders and was acting like he was still in charge.

:dead: LOL, I low key felt that run was a hidden gem. They both were used to being the leader and decision maker and neither could or would adjust to each other's styles. Cap would give commands and Reed would just do his own thing, but it wound up being justified because Reed always ended up saving the day. Cap was a furious hater here, it was justified but still hilarious

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7455/nnef8n.jpg

^ Cap hating like shyt :pachaha:

The ending of Axis #3 was some silly forced bullshyt though. Havok storming off like a ho, Falcon and Cap acting like dikks. The decision to write these two teams as being at loggerheads has been a clusterfukk because no one has written an organic story that made sense.

I mean, the whole point of Axis is the Inversion and its effects on the characters. They are all being written "out of character" for a reason. The full effect is still being explored but what happened was by design, its not an accident that they are being written out of character