Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: I love how Hobgoblin's book tells you to read Axis #3 so you know why he's not a villain anymore.......

but Axis #3 doesn't tell you shyt about why he's not a villain anymore! :mindblown:

why am I even reading this book!? :scusthov:
Yeah marvel is :camby: by the way where did jack olantern come from ?? Im pretty sure after rereading magneto he never recruits him , I don't remember him being hobgoblins lackey recently and I have zero ideas why of all the morally questionable super villains magneto picked guys like carnage who's a psycho . Also tony was out like a day at most how'd magneto have time to mope recruit everyone and return just in time for the fight.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: this cat really said "Falc00n".

On the low, X-Force became one of my favorite books. Art shift abou to change that, though
Man done lost his mind acting like he's actually cap America not falcon in a different costume and then he has the nerve to snitch to Steve on havok. The avengers don't know how to deal with psychics they should of figured out a better plan with the xmen to keep skull captured .

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
:damn:
..I just found out that Logan...died oh shyt...............Are you fukking serious?....My day just became shyt..............

:mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Man done lost his mind acting like he's actually cap America not falcon in a different costume and then he has the nerve to snitch to Steve on havok. The avengers don't know how to deal with psychics they should of figured out a better plan with the xmen to keep skull captured .
How the hell is Red Skull still alive though? Didn't Magneto splatter his head with a pile of bricks?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

The problem is the Avengers don't know how to take a back seat to other teams, Cap had the exact same problems when Reed Richards was part of the Avengers

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Wish he didn't...most of them have been ass. I will say though, he hit gold with his Dark Avengers and the other Dark Reign stuff. Probably his best team stuff right there.

Bendis is real hit or miss. Dark Reign was great, Secret Invasion was a good concept but boring execution, Siege was a clusterfukk but him wanting to put some cool ideas on paper (Sentry going insane and ripping Ares in half), Avengers Disassembled was his way of starting the Avengers over so he can do what he wants, House of M was greatly underrated but I'll always give Bendis Props for his Daredevil and Alias.

Like I said, Bendis is a great idea guy but he is bad at execution, especially when dealing with continuity. He literally just does what he wants for the sake of the story. This is why I think he excels at writing new characters but fails at team books or characters with established history and personality quirks. But he also writes for the casual fan. Myself and my immediate group of friends are hardcore comics fans but a large percentage of our extended circle are casual fans and they all sing Bendis's praises as he is the guy that brought them all back in comics. It sounds crazy, but I've heard this from literal dozens of casual collectors. Marvel is about its money and they are not shy about that and Bendis has a good track record of being a selling writer, I believe that's why he has so much clout with the company.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Nah...he don't change the status quo. He doesn't respect continuity and added Spider Man and Wolverine to his Avengers run for that to not have been a complete bomb. The X fans bought into his hype for this run because he was getting outsold by Gillen's Uncanny and they took him off the book and put him on Iron Man.

I mean.... Avengers Disassembled changed the status quo for Marvel as a whole, specially with the Avengers. House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Seige, Heroic Age, AvX all did the same thing. And Bendis was the, if not one of the, main forces behind all of that. I think that counts, right?

I agree he doesn't respect continuity but him adding Spidey and Logan to the Avengers was a planned move, it wasn't like it came out of the blue like a lot of team members did.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:stopitslime: I love how Hobgoblin's book tells you to read Axis #3 so you know why he's not a villain anymore.......

but Axis #3 doesn't tell you shyt about why he's not a villain anymore! :mindblown:

why am I even reading this book!? :scusthov:

Axis hasn't outright said all the characters are inverted but they heavily alluded to it (I mean, when that big bubble of Order/Chaos energy engulfed the island and exploded, I think that was telling that SOMETHING happened).

But we have yet to see how every character has changed yet, just that as soon as they woke up, everyone started acting funny. Its completely unlike FalCap and Havok to act like that, it was more of a subtle change than an overt one.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
How the hell is Red Skull still alive though? Didn't Magneto splatter his head with a pile of bricks?

Allusions/Shout Outs to Onslaught's origins.

Basically Onslaught's final form was a purely energy being but Savage Hulk had to crack his physical shell for this to take place. Magneto giving Red Skull's body the beats unleashed the advanced form of Red Onslaught.

HOW this happens.... I don't know, but its damn near the same thing that happened in the original story.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

They are inverted, breh. The "out of character" writings are by design. And its gonna get worse, lol.

The whole idea behind the Inversion is characters are having their core values flipped. This storyline is a character study mainly. If you don't like character driven stories, I can tell you right now, you probably aren't going to like Axis.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Allusions/Shout Outs to Onslaught's origins.

Basically Onslaught's final form was a purely energy being but Savage Hulk had to crack his physical shell for this to take place. Magneto giving Red Skull's body the beats unleashed the advanced form of Red Onslaught.

HOW this happens.... I don't know, but its damn near the same thing that happened in the original story.
Yeah I know but after Onslaught was inverted/defeated, how is Red Skull's body alive? His head got splattered like grapefruit.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Also whats up with this inverted shyt. I'm a Cyclops fan. Does that mean he goes full villain or back to being a boy scout?

Actually what about all of the X-Men, a lot of those characters walk a pretty fine line to begin with.