Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Say brehs, im tryna get into comics and graphic novels, but i have no idea where to start. Can any of yall point me to the essential sites for news on stuff like this, or some recommended reading titles? Hook a breh up

I dunno if anyone told you this, but the key to finding good comics is paying attention to who writes and draws the books. The moment you find a writer or artist you like stick with them, because more than likely you will like their work elsewhere. So whatever book you read, remember the creators.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I dunno if anyone told you this, but the key to finding good comics is paying attention to who writes and draws the books. The moment you find a writer or artist you like stick with them, because more than likely you will like their work elsewhere. So whatever book you read, remember the creators.

Who r ur top 10 writers then?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Brain K Vaughan (He writes Saga)
Grant Morrison ( can be confusing sometimes)
Scott Snyder (American Vampire:noah:)
Jonathan Hickman
Dan Slott
Jeff Lemire
Joe Hill(Locke & Key:ohlawd:)
Mark Waid:lawd:
Greg Rucka .......Theres so much more, but I can't think off the top of my head right now.

BTW if anyone know any good black writers shout them out, I personally feel like the comic industry has like zero right now

Last edited:

Sugar

Banned
Daps
Brain K Vaughan (He writes Saga)
Grant Morrison ( can be confusing sometimes)
Scott Snyder (American Vampire:noah:)
Jonathan Hickman
Dan Slott
Jeff Lemire
Greg Rucka .......Theres so much more, but I can't think off the top of my head right now.

BTW if anyone know any good black writers shout them out, I personally feel like the comic industry has like zero right now

What u think about Neil Gaiman? I had a classmate refer him to me

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Who r ur top 10 writers then?

All I wanna say is Brian Bendis is can be one of the absolute best and one of the absolute worst in the same breath. As an X-Men fan, it fukking sucks having him be the author for our flagship franchise. But his work on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Daredevil End Of Days, is LIGHT YEARS ahead of his work on Uncanny and All New X-Men.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Gaiman is basically a comic book writer who doesn't write comic books. Or he's a novelist who happens to write comic books. It's hard to explain but he's a very atypical comic book writer who happens to have written one of the greatest comics ever with Sandman.

He's on that all-time top 3 with Morrison and Ellis for that series alone. Plus he wrote Marvel 1602 which is a series that gets way too little credit for being awesome.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
All I wanna say is Brian Bendis is can be one of the absolute best and one of the absolute worst in the same breath. As an X-Men fan, it fukking sucks having him be the author for our flagship franchise. But his work on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Daredevil End Of Days, is LIGHT YEARS ahead of his work on Uncanny and All New X-Men.
I wish Bendis would get off of X-men. I don't hate him, I just hate his X run

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I wish Bendis would get off of X-men. I don't hate him, I just hate his X run

He's excellent writing solo characters. He struggles with team books.

Because he just does what the fukk he wants, even at the expense of YEARS of continuity. And he has a trouble grasping the voices of established characters.