Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
They had a a grip of time after finding out about Red Skull taking Xavier's brain to get a telepath on that team. There is no legit reason why they didn't recruit one.

Dude, I AGREE with you they SHOULD HAVE done that, but that has been a constant oversight Cap has made in building teams. They still don't even have one in Hickman's Avengers and that team was custom selected by Cap. This is a long running theme with him. And what Telepaths would the even be able to select, Rachel Summers and Psylocke both have more aligence to Cyclops and have both said fukk the Avengers, Cable is currently an enemy of the Avengers and Frost is not 100% at the moment and anyone lesser is not field ready. WHO would they have picked?

Also, right after the Red Skull thing, they had to deal with the Apocalypse Twins and that was a bigger threat than Skull was at the time. What you are saying makes logical sense, but its just not practical at the time.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That's true and that's the problem with remenders run to me

But why is this a problem? These are things that have been long running themes with the Avengers.

I appreciate the Reminder is actually taking the time to address these issues than ignoring them like most writers have.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Dude, I AGREE with you they SHOULD HAVE done that, but that has been a constant oversight Cap has made in building teams. They still don't even have one in Hickman's Avengers and that team was custom selected by Cap. This is a long running theme with him. And what Telepaths would the even be able to select, Rachel Summers and Psylocke both have more aligence to Cyclops and have both said fukk the Avengers, Cable is currently an enemy of the Avengers and Frost is not 100% at the moment and anyone lesser is not field ready. WHO would they have picked?

Also, right after the Red Skull thing, they had to deal with the Apocalypse Twins and that was a bigger threat than Skull was at the time. What you are saying makes logical sense, but its just not practical at the time.
The Avengers never get telepaths for some reason.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

There was an issue focused just on their downtime after the first encounter with The Red Skull; there was a downtime issue after the overlong Apocalypse Twins storyline. So if comic book time is something that needed to be available to them in order to draft a new teammate then it was shown that they had it.
And as for candidates...neither Rachel or Psylocke are down with Cyclops like that to the point they'd not join the Unity Team because of loyalty to him. Hell, Rachel works at Wolverine's school!
M could have been brought in.
Mantis and Moondragon aren't in the Guardians anymore so if Cap/Iron Man could get Capt. Universe on the Avengers I think it should be easy getting a hold of either of them.
Sage
Mimic
Devil Slayer
Sersi
Aarkus (The WW2 Vision who was in the Invaders with Cap)
All available if Remender had just decided to fix what is a glaring flaw in the make up of this team.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I think you need a certain personality type to appreciate Wolverine beyond the flashy claws and bad boy factor.

Wolverine is very relatable as a character once you get past the bad boy image he has. He's a guy that's constantly trying to do better and keeps getting handed the rawest of deals, but keeps at it despite not being much of a long term thinker

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Most comic fans loved him at one point they just got sick of him.

Which is understandable, but Wolverine isn't as exposed as guys like Spider-Man, Batman or Superman and really Deadpool is on the way to reaching Logan's level. I mean, I don't really understand why Wolverine gets singled out for what all popular comic characters experience.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The Avengers never get telepaths for some reason.

Cap doesn't really (and never has) see the value in having them. Mainly because between of lack of villains with telepathy and being able to get around things with Thor/Stark fukkery, its never been an issue.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How Wolverine getting a weekly series when he is supposed to die at the end of the Death of WOlverine series?:troll: