Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well neither Iron Man or Havok built the team, that's all on Cap. If you haven't noticed that has been almost a character trait/flaw of Cap's, he doesn't really believe in the effectiveness of telepaths. There was actually an Avengers AvX tie book where Spider-Woman specifically brought up the fact that that the reason they can never stay on track with the X-Men is because they have telepaths and the Avengers don't. And plus, if you were a telepath, and you had to pick a team to go to, who you gonna pick? The Avengers, who literally have no idea how to use a telepath right and don't even respect the powerset (ask Moondragon about that) or the X-men who at any given time house 6 of the worlds strongest and most skilled telepaths on the planet who can actually teach you how to get stronger with your powers?

It's a no brainer there lol

And it's not like any of them actually foresaw Red Skull grafting Xavier's brain to his. It's actually an interesting layer to the Cap/Skull rivalry, now that I think about it. A powerset Cap always neglected and didn't really respect is now his worst enemy's strongest power and he's suffering because his lack of foresight.
They had a a grip of time after finding out about Red Skull taking Xavier's brain to get a telepath on that team. There is no legit reason why they didn't recruit one.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Cap, and really all the Avengers, are not used to dealing with these kind of issues, they literally have zero experience doing it (which is why they should have followed Cyclops's lead in the first place but that's another debate). If you give anyone a complex problem when they have zero experience at it, they are almost surely going to fukk it up. Cap's heart was in the right place but it's like an old white man trying to understand Hiphop culture, they are just completely out of their element. Cap made a good decision making Havok the leader but he had issues letting go of command too.

Cap saw Wanda as a bridging point because she is a mutant but also one he knows very well and trusts. He assumed it would work, but he assumed wrong. I liked this aspect of the book because it shows the human side of these characters and that they are fallible and make mistakes. You don't get that aspect out of Cap or most Avengers, that's a reason I enjoy this book. You see the human issues and differences of these characters.

There is a reason Xavier didn't mingle with these other teams much, they were speaking different languages
That's true and that's the problem with remenders run to me

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has marvel been in a constant state of events ??? :patrice: it feels like all they do is events at this point