Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think you need a certain personality type to appreciate Wolverine beyond the flashy claws and bad boy factor.

Wolverine has been a downward spiral for years..basically was a simp for Jean for a whole era and he never gets any shift for murder squads....it's a little too ridiculous.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Wolverine is very relatable as a character once you get past the bad boy image he has. He's a guy that's constantly trying to do better and keeps getting handed the rawest of deals, but keeps at it despite not being much of a long term thinker

I dapped you and mostly agree with you, but Forge's analysis described him as "equivalent of an Olympic-level gymnast performing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head."

He just gets caught up in his berserker rage at times.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There was an issue focused just on their downtime after the first encounter with The Red Skull; there was a downtime issue after the overlong Apocalypse Twins storyline. So if comic book time is something that needed to be available to them in order to draft a new teammate then it was shown that they had it.
And as for candidates...neither Rachel or Psylocke are down with Cyclops like that to the point they'd not join the Unity Team because of loyalty to him. Hell, Rachel works at Wolverine's school!
M could have been brought in.
Mantis and Moondragon aren't in the Guardians anymore so if Cap/Iron Man could get Capt. Universe on the Avengers I think it should be easy getting a hold of either of them.
Sage
Mimic
Devil Slayer
Sersi
Aarkus (The WW2 Vision who was in the Invaders with Cap)
All available if Remender had just decided to fix what is a glaring flaw in the make up of this team.

Nate Grey should of been on the Avengers back in 2001 at least

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
There was an issue focused just on their downtime after the first encounter with The Red Skull; there was a downtime issue after the overlong Apocalypse Twins storyline. So if comic book time is something that needed to be available to them in order to draft a new teammate then it was shown that they had it.
And as for candidates...neither Rachel or Psylocke are down with Cyclops like that to the point they'd not join the Unity Team because of loyalty to him. Hell, Rachel works at Wolverine's school!
M could have been brought in.
Mantis and Moondragon aren't in the Guardians anymore so if Cap/Iron Man could get Capt. Universe on the Avengers I think it should be easy getting a hold of either of them.
Sage
Mimic
Devil Slayer
Sersi
Aarkus (The WW2 Vision who was in the Invaders with Cap)
All available if Remender had just decided to fix what is a glaring flaw in the make up of this team.

Psylocke in the very first issue of Uncanny X-Force literally said "fukk the Avengers", she ain't helping
Rachel Summers, as AvX showed, is more loyal to Cyclops than Logan and doesn't take kindly to the Avengers as experienced in the Avengers/X-Men battle where she owned Cap and Thor
M doesn't fukk with the Avengers either and is/was being used in X-Factor
Moondragon is dead according to her last appearance in Guardians IIRC, don't even think Mantis is currently in the 616 Universe
Sage, loyal to the X-Men first and was being used in X-treme X-Men
Mimic - A Villian
Devil Slayer - Come on
Sersi - The only good option, but she ain't been an Avenger since Black Knight refused to give her dikk
Aarkus - Wasn't his body scrapped?

Look, at this point you are throwing names at the wall because ALL of these characters would lose to the power of Xavier anyway. But I AGREE with you that Cap SHOULD HAVE seeked a psychic, but Cap has a thing about psychics as he has never seen the value in having one. Every Cap lead team of Avengers has never had anyone with a dedicated role as a psychic. To Cap, explaining to him the value of a psychic is trying to teach an old man the value of Twitter, lol.

Psychics have always been an X-Men thing and a GLARING flaw in Avengers rosters. I HOPE after all this AXIS stuff is over, Cap will smarten up about this.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Nate Grey should of been on the Avengers back in 2001 at least

I agree and he actually WENT to them for help on numerous occasions and they stood there looking stupid lol. Talking to the Avengers about psychic and mutant issues is like trying to talk to old white conservatives about racial and black issues. They just haven't mentally caught up yet.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Wolverine has been a downward spiral for years..basically was a simp for Jean for a whole era and he never gets any shift for murder squads....it's a little too ridiculous.

The thing about Logan killing, is that he was a killer BEFORE he became a hero. He is actively trying to improve himself and stop those negative ways, but he's been engrained in that culture for so long, old habits die hard. And he takes the role of being "the fall guy" for every team that he is in because he understands once you cross that line there is no going back, which is what Cyclops failed to realize when he commissioned the X-Force team in the first place.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I agree and he actually WENT to them for help on numerous occasions and they stood there looking stupid lol. Talking to the Avengers about psychic and mutant issues is like trying to talk to old white conservatives about racial and black issues. They just haven't mentally caught up yet.

His Spider Man connect was good..I remember some anniversary issue against Electro, who was real powerful at the time, was decent.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I dapped you and mostly agree with you, but Forge's analysis described him as "equivalent of an Olympic-level gymnast performing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head."

He just gets caught up in his berserker rage at times.

Maybe I didn't do a good job of explaining things then.... I'm not saying Logan is dumb by any means, he is very intelligent and a very good strategist, but he is not the best tactician and prone to letting his emotions get the best of him, which most people can tell you, doesn't end well lol.

One of the things that is constant with his character is that he has always lacked direction in his life but he's always wanted to feel like he belonged to something. He is very capable but he never really has had a good idea where and how to apply his skills, which makes him the perfect candidate for being a "tool" for anyone. For the bulk of his pre superhero life, he was a wanderer. Practically all of Wolverine:Origins run was him touching on his life pre superhero and per Weapon X. It wasn't until he found Xavier that he actually found a cause and a family that was positive and accepted him. That changed his character completely and its why that school means so much to him because he sees it at if he was able to be changed and saved, damn near anyone can.

That's why its completely IN CHARACTER that he was the one to restart the school, because out of all the X-Men, he was the one it helped the most.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
His Spider Man connect was good..I remember some anniversary issue against Electro, who was real powerful at the time, was decent.

Yeah, I really enjoyed their friendship, it actually felt genuine.

That's another thing I liked about Spidey is that he used to be really chummy with the X-Men because he was outcasted in a similar light just like they were. I wish (hope with the new title coming out) that relationship got explored more.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Psylocke in the very first issue of Uncanny X-Force literally said "fukk the Avengers", she ain't helping
Rachel Summers, as AvX showed, is more loyal to Cyclops than Logan and doesn't take kindly to the Avengers as experienced in the Avengers/X-Men battle where she owned Cap and Thor
M doesn't fukk with the Avengers either and is/was being used in X-Factor
Moondragon is dead according to her last appearance in Guardians IIRC, don't even think Mantis is currently in the 616 Universe
Sage, loyal to the X-Men first and was being used in X-treme X-Men
Mimic - A Villian
Devil Slayer - Come on
Sersi - The only good option, but she ain't been an Avenger since Black Knight refused to give her dikk
Aarkus - Wasn't his body scrapped?

Look, at this point you are throwing names at the wall because ALL of these characters would lose to the power of Xavier anyway. But I AGREE with you that Cap SHOULD HAVE seeked a psychic, but Cap has a thing about psychics as he has never seen the value in having one. Every Cap lead team of Avengers has never had anyone with a dedicated role as a psychic. To Cap, explaining to him the value of a psychic is trying to teach an old man the value of Twitter, lol.

Psychics have always been an X-Men thing and a GLARING flaw in Avengers rosters. I HOPE after all this AXIS stuff is over, Cap will smarten up about this.
Aarkus was just in the new Invaders.
And all the so-called grumpy X-telepaths couldn't be any more grumpy than Rogue yet she's on the team.
It is a glaring flaw in that book and there is no real excuse for it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah, I really enjoyed their friendship, it actually felt genuine.

That's another thing I liked about Spidey is that he used to be really chummy with the X-Men because he was outcasted in a similar light just like they were. I wish (hope with the new title coming out) that relationship got explored more.

I'm shocked Iceman and Spidey aren't real close..them and Human Torch got similar personalities.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Also.. fukk it, I'm just gonna say it...

Did ANYONE ELSE feel almost vindicated for those short moments when Magneto beat up then caved the Red Skull's head in? That shyt was awesome lol
Remender made it funny though because Magneto is not gonna hold a big rock over someone to eliminate someone..lol