Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was just about to post this :wow:

Secret-Wars.jpg
Is that Obnoxio the Clown?:dead:
NhKpOT0.jpg

Hickman is crazy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just re-read Axis again to see if my initial distaste was a kneejerk reaction and I am happy to say my first opinion of this being shyt was the right one.

And this issue brought to light my biggest problem with the maek-up of the Uncanny Avengers Unity team is that when putting this team together nobody (not Cap, not Havok, not Iron Man) thought that they could use a fukking telepath.
All of the telepaths on the X-side of things and nobody thought scooping one up for this team would be a good idea? Or if Cap didn't want an X-man as the telepath then he could have used one of the former Avengers with mental powers like Sersi or Moondragon.
But no...they have not telepath's at all on the team and don't even think that getting one would be a good idea after the Red Skull steals Xavier's brain? They deserve everything that happens to them for being morons.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just re-read Axis again to see if my initial distaste was a kneejerk reaction and I am happy to say my first opinion of this being shyt was the right one.

And this issue brought to light my biggest problem with the maek-up of the Uncanny Avengers Unity team is that when putting this team together nobody (not Cap, not Havok, not Iron Man) thought that they could use a fukking telepath.
All of the telepaths on the X-side of things and nobody thought scooping one up for this team would be a good idea? Or if Cap didn't want an X-man as the telepath then he could have used one of the former Avengers with mental powers like Sersi or Moondragon.
But no...they have not telepath's at all on the team and don't even think that getting one would be a good idea after the Red Skull steals Xavier's brain? They deserve everything that happens to them for being morons.

I still don't understand Marvel's OBSESSION with making Onslaught "work".

Nobody gives a crap about Onslaught.

Axis was like a episode of Power Rangers, giant monster vs. Power Rangers.

Then ending was poo too.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So is "Secret Wars" part II or Hickman's supposed trilogy with the Avengers?

Part I: Infinity
Part II: Secret Wars
Part III: ???

Or was that idea dropped? :dwillhuh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I disagree on the no continuity part, but I can admit Marvel hasn't done the best job of filling the gaps, but they usually leave that to readers.

Best I can tell is that Cap wanted Wanda on the team because she is a mutant but also a long standing Avenger and on paper it seemed like a good way to bridge the gap. What he couldn't have planned for were the levels of animosity both sides had for each other. I felt that was fairly in character for Cap as he doesn't always have the most foresight on many things, he's much more a reactionary type
But again after the speech tony gave about AvsX and how they needed to pay more attention to the mutants I felt cap should of been smarter . Especially since Wanda hadn't even been back from her no more mutanfs and general recent craziness to warrant a spot on the unity team . Outside of cap liking her she shouldn't of been there .plus once he saw the friction should of took her off . Cap also for some reason put cyke into a jail where mutants are being killed and the staff are ardent mutant haters

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I don't know about y'all......but I don't care about Axis and I didn't care about Marvels last event.

If it wasn't for Hickman, I wouldn't care about the new secret war.......I'm much more interested in DC events for some strange reason

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
As a fan of Uncanny Avengers I'm fukking with AXIS so far since it's basically a continuation. Pretty disappointed in the art though very rushed.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Hickman is about to write Obnoxio the Clown (top right corner)!? :heh:

I wonder if he gonna fight Howard the Duck? :bryan:

What do you cats think? The Incursions mean that only the best of the best universes are left in MU, they all fight on some Highlander shyt?

My takeaway from this announcement is that The Great Destroyer behind the Incursions is this person

beyonder.jpg

:blessed:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
But again after the speech tony gave about AvsX and how they needed to pay more attention to the mutants I felt cap should of been smarter . Especially since Wanda hadn't even been back from her no more mutanfs and general recent craziness to warrant a spot on the unity team . Outside of cap liking her she shouldn't of been there .plus once he saw the friction should of took her off . Cap also for some reason put cyke into a jail where mutants are being killed and the staff are ardent mutant haters

Well Cap, and really all the Avengers, are not used to dealing with these kind of issues, they literally have zero experience doing it (which is why they should have followed Cyclops's lead in the first place but that's another debate). If you give anyone a complex problem when they have zero experience at it, they are almost surely going to fukk it up. Cap's heart was in the right place but it's like an old white man trying to understand Hiphop culture, they are just completely out of their element. Cap made a good decision making Havok the leader but he had issues letting go of command too.

Cap saw Wanda as a bridging point because she is a mutant but also one he knows very well and trusts. He assumed it would work, but he assumed wrong. I liked this aspect of the book because it shows the human side of these characters and that they are fallible and make mistakes. You don't get that aspect out of Cap or most Avengers, that's a reason I enjoy this book. You see the human issues and differences of these characters.

There is a reason Xavier didn't mingle with these other teams much, they were speaking different languages

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Well neither Iron Man or Havok built the team, that's all on Cap. If you haven't noticed that has been almost a character trait/flaw of Cap's, he doesn't really believe in the effectiveness of telepaths. There was actually an Avengers AvX tie book where Spider-Woman specifically brought up the fact that that the reason they can never stay on track with the X-Men is because they have telepaths and the Avengers don't. And plus, if you were a telepath, and you had to pick a team to go to, who you gonna pick? The Avengers, who literally have no idea how to use a telepath right and don't even respect the powerset (ask Moondragon about that) or the X-men who at any given time house 6 of the worlds strongest and most skilled telepaths on the planet who can actually teach you how to get stronger with your powers?

It's a no brainer there lol

And it's not like any of them actually foresaw Red Skull grafting Xavier's brain to his. It's actually an interesting layer to the Cap/Skull rivalry, now that I think about it. A powerset Cap always neglected and didn't really respect is now his worst enemy's strongest power and he's suffering because his lack of foresight.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I still don't understand Marvel's OBSESSION with making Onslaught "work".

Nobody gives a crap about Onslaught.

Axis was like a episode of Power Rangers, giant monster vs. Power Rangers.

Then ending was poo too.

Onslaught was a cool idea and had a cool look and like it or not, was an actual real threat as far as major villains go. Onslaught actually killed characters and his origins are all based in continuity.

I mean, when you look at the major crossover villains of the past decade who do we have....

Old Nick Fury
Crazy Scarlet Witch
Pathetic Skrulls
Pro-Reg Iron Man
Age of Ultron
And Norman Osborne

Say what you want about Onslaught, but he's better and more of a real threat than ALL of those clowns lol.