Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Haven't read the new Uncanny Avengers yet but I like how that and Magneto are connecting to AXIS. Hopefully Axis turns out good I've been a fan of Remender since Uncanny X-force and I'm glad marvel finally let him do a event.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
How you all on black panthers dikk yet shyt on falcon?? shyt makes zero since the Cap book was funny as shyt. It was a good read, you just mad Jet black isn't blesing falcon with the Puss anymore.
Haha why would I be mad about Sam not getting that Jet Black puss when you said I was shytting on him

Remender just wrote a mediocre issue that's it

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
No. A Savage Hulk cracked his armor and physical shell to reveal a purely energy being behind it.

the Avengers and FF had to sacrifice themselves to beat him and only survived due to Franklin Richards.

A event crossing villain with a dope history (was the X-Traitor Bishop always spoke about), cool origin and actual body count and lasting ramifications. I don't know what else you'd want from him. He certainly trumps ALL of Bendis's event villians (Skrulls, Crazy Wanda, Omega Man, The Hood, Old Nick Fury, The Watcher, Ultron, etc.).
Bendis has never written a great event you aren't really saying much with that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Also, I agree Peter David would have been great to write the series too but Marvel seems to like to keep him in the back corner working on his own titles rather than push him to the forefront. I assume that's his decision but maybe its a business decision too...
I read somewhere that Marvel is canceling X-Factor again with issue 20.
Hopefully they give him another team book to replace it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well that's what I was wondering because it sounds you take more of an issue with Reminder's writing than the actual concept of the book. I loved his X-Force and I feel he is great at writing villains that actually matter and do things, but if I can ask... are their any specific points or parts that you take issue with in the series so far?
Too many of the characters are acting completely wrong like Remender gave no fukks about previous characterization and is just writing them to act in a way that advances his story.
The storylines have meandered and dragged to the point that I found myself barely giving a damn about them and then the payoffs were totally lame.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Too many of the characters are acting completely wrong like Remender gave no fukks about previous characterization and is just writing them to act in a way that advances his story.
The storylines have meandered and dragged to the point that I found myself barely giving a damn about them and then the payoffs were totally lame.

I'll give you that on Rogue's characterization but just about everyone else seems fairly on point to me. And even Rogue's over the top anger and disgust for Wanda makes sense on a certain level. Rogue was one of the X-men extremely distraught over Xavier's death and she is Magneto's lover and a former Avengers villain, now she is in the same house with these people she had no connection with and feels like Wanda is over her shoulder smirking at her. She does have legit reason to dislike Wanda.

And the Apocalypse Twins storyline was EPIC IMO. They actually WON until time fukkery reversed their win. Did you not like that storyline and if so, what about it did you dislike?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I read somewhere that Marvel is canceling X-Factor again with issue 20.
Hopefully they give him another team book to replace it.

I hope not, Peter David been killing it since Madrox's mini IMO

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I hope not, Peter David been killing it since Madrox's mini IMO

idk he was killing it until he got X factor solely involved in all that demon shyt. Like I understood he wanted to finish that storyline from his hulk arc but doing it with a mutant team was such a stretch. It was ok when it was on the backburner but at the forefront it felt wack. Especially making strong guy some sort of demon king or something. As for this new X-Factor idk where he was going with it to start with?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
idk he was killing it until he got X factor solely involved in all that demon shyt. Like I understood he wanted to finish that storyline from his hulk arc but doing it with a mutant team was such a stretch. It was ok when it was on the backburner but at the forefront it felt wack. Especially making strong guy some sort of demon king or something. As for this new X-Factor idk where he was going with it to start with?

That was a spin off story from his Hulk run? :ohhh: I never finished his Hulk run, might need to get on that.

But yes, it was a turn from what that book had been up to that point. It was way more comicky that just about everything else in the run, but I guess he wanted to "finish strong"

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach

His xforce had a spark when it started but something is definitely off Im a give remender a pass though the editor has the final say. He maybe going through som blockage.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach

I lvoe the current iteration of X-factor.... shyt's a good read. He needs to up the anti and have them fight someone of actual merit thogh. These lame villains they've been giving the beats have been lackluster but the writing is on point.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
His xforce had a spark when it started but something is definitely off Im a give remender a pass though the editor has the final say. He maybe going through som blockage.

Reminder is writing a major flagship title now with tons of top names vs. his X-Force which was basically "Wolverine and his goons", he's got to tread a line here.

Also, the book is meant to be more political than most other titles so you get issues with back and forth dialogue (which I love) but is not everyone's cup of tea.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Reminder is writing a major flagship title now with tons of top names vs. his X-Force which was basically "Wolverine and his goons", he's got to tread a line here.

Also, the book is meant to be more political than most other titles so you get issues with back and forth dialogue (which I love) but is not everyone's cup of tea.
That is my other problem, Remender's dialogue is weak as hell to me.