Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Black Panther is being desconstructed like a mutherfukker.

Dude lost his Fam, his wife, his throne, his kingdom, his connection with his ancestors, the respect of his father, and now his homeland?! All in two years? :why:

What does he have left at this point? Bast?

RIP Wakanda, damn:mjcry:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I do wonder what the long term game is for Wakanda now. If it's a Hickman-penned Black Panther series, I'm all in. If it's a someone else-penned Black Panther series, GTFOH!
I like how Hickman has given BP such a prominent role in the Illuminati, and how he had him as the one to call for them to reunite. He's been kinda the unofficial leader of the Illuminati under Hickman like how Iron Man was kinda the unofficial leader under Bendis. A Hickman BP series would probably be incredible.

Also, he made Captain Universe, the mother of the universe, a black woman as she should be. And he made Night Mask "Adam," the original man, a black man as he should be. And he's given Eden Fesi a more prominent role on the Avengers.

Hickman is cool with me.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
What do yall think about Uncanny X-Force?

Simon Spurrier's dialogue is excruciating and the plot is a huge clusterfukk. :camby: I don't even know what's going on most of the time.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like how Hickman has given BP such a prominent role in the Illuminati, and how he had him as the one to call for them to reunite. He's been kinda the unofficial leader of the Illuminati under Hickman like how Iron Man was kinda the unofficial leader under Bendis. A Hickman BP series would probably be incredible.

Also, he made Captain Universe, the mother of the universe, a black woman as she should be. And he made Night Mask "Adam," the original man, a black man as he should be. And he's given Eden Fesi a more prominent role on the Avengers.

Hickman is cool with me.

Hickman is also good with the ff universe and is a good mix of Kirby madness with modern sensibilities. My only problem is that he tends to get bogged down in very long stories that would be better if they were shorter

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Black Panther is being desconstructed like a mutherfukker.

Dude lost his Fam, his wife, his throne, his kingdom, his connection with his ancestors, the respect of his father, and now his homeland?! All in two years? :why:

What does he have left at this point? Bast?

RIP Wakanda, damn:mjcry:
what book is this goin on in??? only invasion of Thanos goons in Wakanda i know was Infinity & they lost... but i barely read Avengers cause i only care about Panther, Namor & to a lesser degree Strange...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I do wonder what the long term game is for Wakanda now. If it's a Hickman-penned Black Panther series, I'm all in. If it's a someone else-penned Black Panther series, GTFOH!
If Marvel could get Priest back to write T'Challa I would be like:
IVuT80k.gif

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
what book is this goin on in??? only invasion of Thanos goons in Wakanda i know was Infinity & they lost... but i barely read Avengers cause i only care about Panther, Namor & to a lesser degree Strange...

New Avengers, the latest issue came out this Tuesday. Though the story isn't over it has been rough for Panther fans...well, for me at least.

I mean, unless T'Challa ends up saving the day on some epic shyt, the L's he's taking will overshadow him for a while IMO.

I just want the breh to get a solid W:to:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Just came back from the LBC Con. Gonna be good for the next 2 weeks. :whew:

Comikaze at the end of October. Hopefully I can buy a ticket on site like they've been doing the last few years.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
New Avengers, the latest issue came out this Tuesday. Though the story isn't over it has been rough for Panther fans...well, for me at least.

I mean, unless T'Challa ends up saving the day on some epic shyt, the L's he's taking will overshadow him for a while IMO.

I just want the breh to get a solid W:to:
last issue i read was Namor tellin Panther he sent Thanos to Wakanda... how far behind am i???

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Clark's beard in Action Comics :ohlawd:

Justice League was cool the Superman/ Lex banter was awesome but I didn't like the repeat of the last issue with the new Green Lantern (Did anyone else tha bought the book find the way they placed the ads incredibly annoying) and the last page was meh to me, I just want everything from Trinity War/ Forever Evil to go away except Lex and co

Edge of Spider-verse 4 was the best in the series so far. That mofo was sick

Nailbiter is just consistently great, that's my favorite indie book dethroning Lazarus.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like the reveal at the end of Justice League. It shows that Lex is scheming against the League at the same time that The League is scheming against him.

Thor Lady was ass. Nice art but the story was ass. Bet its Thor's mom wielding the hammer now.

This issue of Batman Eternal had some of the worst art of the entire series.

Grayson continues to be all sorts of awesome.

FalconCap was a decent read.

Uncanny Avengers continues to be underwhelming.

Gotham Academy was good.

Nailbiter was great as usual.

I can't recommend The Woods enough. It is a really good book.

Marvel should have cancelled Moon Knight when Ellis left because Brian Wood is not working out at all.