Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I read Captain America #25 just now and found it mediocre. Lets make a big deal about Falcon being the new Cap and invite all the Avengers and when Falcon comes out he says some corny shyt. The Jet Black turn was so pointless too.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I like the reveal at the end of Justice League. It shows that Lex is scheming against the League at the same time that The League is scheming against him.

Thor Lady was ass. Nice art but the story was ass. Bet its Thor's mom wielding the hammer now.

This issue of Batman Eternal had some of the worst art of the entire series.

Grayson continues to be all sorts of awesome.

FalconCap was a decent read.

Uncanny Avengers continues to be underwhelming.

Gotham Academy was good.

Nailbiter was great as usual.

I can't recommend The Woods enough. It is a really good book.

Marvel should have cancelled Moon Knight when Ellis left because Brian Wood is not working out at all.

:deadrose: Man, why you do constantly shyt on Uncanny Avengers lol? :heh: I love that book.

Is it just Reminder's writing style or just the overall content? Because the idea of X-men and Avengers FINALLY teaming up for something long term is something I think Marvel is WAY overdue on.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
I read Captain America #25 just now and found it mediocre. Lets make a big deal about Falcon being the new Cap and invite all the Avengers and when Falcon comes out he says some corny shyt. The Jet Black turn was so pointless too.

How you all on black panthers dikk yet shyt on falcon?? shyt makes zero since the Cap book was funny as shyt. It was a good read, you just mad Jet black isn't blesing falcon with the Puss anymore.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Moon knight is fukking awesome. creative one off stories... the art direction is classic you're tripping. Moon knight just needs some decent enemies.

My only problem with Moon Knight is that I be feeling like I'm getting jipped with these 3-4 panel pages and all black space.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel is just hell bent on making Onslaught into a top 5 legend.

DON'T NOBODY RESPECT ONSLAUGHT.

PLEASE BURY ONLSLAUGHT FOR GOOD.

U got tons of villains that they could go dig up to make an event around:

Korvac
Doom
Magneto (bout time for him to turn evil again)
Mr. Sinister
Tha O.G. Masters Of Evil
The Beyonder

ANYBODY but that boo boo ass ONSLAUGHT.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh.....why nobody came at Bendis neck for basically ripping off tha old school X-Men villain "Proteus" with this Michael Malloy bullshyt.

:russ:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Marvel is just hell bent on making Onslaught into a top 5 legend.

DON'T NOBODY RESPECT ONSLAUGHT.

PLEASE BURY ONLSLAUGHT FOR GOOD.

U got tons of villains that they could go dig up to make an event around:

Korvac
Doom
Magneto (bout time for him to turn evil again)
Mr. Sinister
Tha O.G. Masters Of Evil
The Beyonder

ANYBODY but that boo boo ass ONSLAUGHT.

Onslaught is better than all of the bolded. He's actually a threat to each corner of the MU and has a dope backstory. MoE ain't shyt without Zemo and he off doing other shyt.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Onslaught is better than all of the bolded. He's actually a threat to each corner of the MU and has a dope backstory. MoE ain't shyt without Zemo and he off doing other shyt.

Onslaught was ass cheeks.

That nikka actually turned himself into a cloud of blue bubbles to fight the Avengers/X-Men/Fantastic 4.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Onslaught was ass cheeks.

That nikka actually turned himself into a cloud of blue bubbles to fight the Avengers/X-Men/Fantastic 4.

No. A Savage Hulk cracked his armor and physical shell to reveal a purely energy being behind it.

the Avengers and FF had to sacrifice themselves to beat him and only survived due to Franklin Richards.

A event crossing villain with a dope history (was the X-Traitor Bishop always spoke about), cool origin and actual body count and lasting ramifications. I don't know what else you'd want from him. He certainly trumps ALL of Bendis's event villians (Skrulls, Crazy Wanda, Omega Man, The Hood, Old Nick Fury, The Watcher, Ultron, etc.).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:deadrose: Man, why you do constantly shyt on Uncanny Avengers lol? :heh: I love that book.

Is it just Reminder's writing style or just the overall content? Because the idea of X-men and Avengers FINALLY teaming up for something long term is something I think Marvel is WAY overdue on.
THe concept is great and really is long overdue for Cap and them to try and change public opinion when it comes to mutants.
However Remender is not the guy to be writing it because he has delivered varying degrees of bullshyt from issue #1.
You know who would be perfect for this book? Peter David.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah, man. I gotta agree with @JackM on Onslaught. It was a shyt concept from jump and is just made worse with this Red Skull version.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
THe concept is great and really is long overdue for Cap and them to try and change public opinion when it comes to mutants.
However Remender is not the guy to be writing it because he has delivered varying degrees of bullshyt from issue #1.
You know who would be perfect for this book? Peter David.

Well that's what I was wondering because it sounds you take more of an issue with Reminder's writing than the actual concept of the book. I loved his X-Force and I feel he is great at writing villains that actually matter and do things, but if I can ask... are their any specific points or parts that you take issue with in the series so far?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Nah, man. I gotta agree with @JackM on Onslaught. It was a shyt concept from jump and is just made worse with this Red Skull version.

I mean.... I disagree?

I'm a long time reader of X-books almost reaching 30 years and I loved how Onslaught's origins delved into so many existing plotlines in X-Lore AND it tied up a lot of loose ends at the point. The end may have turned into a bit of a clusterfukk that resulted in the shytty Heroes Reborn but in the 90s so many crossovers happened that had no lasting effect in comics and that one actually did, I appreciated that. And the idea of Xavier being less than saintly back THEN was new and fresh and for him to turn into that villain was epic for X-Fans. If you were not or have not been much of an X-fan then I can understand the annoyance of the X-world taking over the MU for this event but Onslaught was leagues better than a lot of the major events we got recently like Secret Invasion, Original Sin or Avengers Disassembled. Do you disagree?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Also, I agree Peter David would have been great to write the series too but Marvel seems to like to keep him in the back corner working on his own titles rather than push him to the forefront. I assume that's his decision but maybe its a business decision too...