Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Rogue-Wanda situation was handled wrong. Rogue wouldn't be on Wanda's ass like that. Emma? Sure....Kitty? Maybe. Rogue...no way. And her line to Magneto comparing him to Skull was Remender having no understanding of their relationship. ..she WOULD NEVER SAY THAT TO MAGNETO. Ever. I legit laughed out loud at her saying he was as bad as Skull. It just doesn't ride coming from Rogue...and also, he wrote Wanda as a crybaby and wanting to please Magneto? Lol. She ain't never wanted to please Magneto. She always forgives him in the end...so that crazy ranting in #25 was not good writing from her pov. It was off brand. Magneto was hilarious though

Lol@Skull being killed instantly makes him Galactus height with Onslaught armor to boot.
And tentacles...can't forget the tentacles. He is like the Cthulhu-version of Onlsaught.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
He writes a good Kang and the Apocalypse Twin girl was fantastic. She kept winning:laugh:

I think Reminder writes good villains, every villain I've ever seen him write was a LEGIT scary threat and always fukked up the heroes in some fashion. This is the same guy that made AoA Blob a real ass threat. fukkin BLOB, lol.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish bendis was never allowed to touch cyclops because cyclops would be great on that team instead of havok

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quentin Quire is worse than fukking Sasuke :smh:
what happened ? I can't stand the book he's in , he need to join cyclops team and get his profile up id like to see him be the one stopping red onslaught .
Well Havok's speech is basically the summation of a Libertarian's view on minorities or ethnic differences to a tee. I don't necessarily agree with it in real life or in the comic world, but it is a real viewpoint in life so I don't see why it would be rare for a mutant to have it in this fictional world.

Rogue's characterization I completely get, but I sort of give him a pass for it because of the environment the MU is in RIGHT after AvX, RIGHT after Xavier's death, RIGHT after Cyclops's revolutionary turn and a huge divide between mutants, her being on edge MAKES sense.

Wanda's characterization on this has been almost 100% accurate too. She is psychologically scarred regarding mutant issues from her childhood all the way to being a mutant villain and Magneto's daughter. She has ALWAYS been mute on mutant issues, that's why she is the only mutant hero that has never been on an X-Team. Her "Aunt Tomika :lolbron:" characterization is consistent with who she is. It just has never been a major issue because there hasn't been any mutants on the Avengers team besides her and her brother. And Cap allowing her on the team because she asked is consistent with his characterization because Cap ALWAYS gives "his guys" a pass. Cap let's Tony and Hawkeye get away with egregious and downright criminal things because he likes and trusts him. He's BEEN letting Logan harbor criminals and terrorists at his school and Logan's constant disobeying orders because they are all old war buddies. Cap plays favorites and I LOVE that Havok called him out on it.

And Havok is the straight man of the title, he is the one who has to be the mediator for the group turmoil
Well Wanda had been shown as remorseful since children's crusade and in A vs x why would she talk like that

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Well Wanda had been shown as remorseful since children's crusade and in A vs x why would she talk like that

:sas1: You mean the schizophrenic with psychological scars that trace all the way back to her fukked up childhood and genetic heritage that is so mentally unstable she chose to fall in love with an Android with the same mind and brain patterns as the Hollywood celeb she keeps friend zoning is inconsistent? .....Tell me more :sas2:

Children's Crusade was giving justification for her crazy actions, not absolution of them. That was her facing her issues, not curing them. And she showed constant crazy flashes in AvX too, most notably when her and Hope got into a fist fight with each other while they should have been planning to stop the Phoenix Five.

They want to redeem her and make her sympathetic but its fairly ridiculous considering all the deaths and problems she is directly responsible for. "No More Mutants" killed more mutants than Magneto ever did.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I think Reminder writes good villains, every villain I've ever seen him write was a LEGIT scary threat and always fukked up the heroes in some fashion. This is the same guy that made AoA Blob a real ass threat. fukkin BLOB, lol.
Remender is always writing some fukked up brutal ass scene with a cackling evil villain doing some evil shyt. He writes good villainy. You can't take that away from him. I'm sure he has Red Onslaught doing some :merchant: shyt on deck.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Remender is always writing some fukked up brutal ass scene with a cackling evil villain doing some evil shyt. He writes good villainy. You can't take that away from him. I'm sure he has Red Onslaught doing some :merchant: shyt on deck.

And he's an Apocalypse fan and has done wonders as far as fleshing out what he actually is lol

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
fukk Dan Slott for the shyt he did in the ASM issue that comes out tomorrow. That and the 90's Spidey cartoon got me into comics

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bendis made that Wanda shyt out of nowhere. She never had daddy issues and was long over the missing kids. LOL. He just used that to vilify Wanda and push his New Avengers agenda with Spider Man and Wolverine.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Here is the page I was talking about

9CIwzpE.jpg

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Batman was :patrice: and those visions of Bruce be having is :merchant:

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Funny thing is is they would have just kept the original idea with Wanda (being driven insane from being in DCU during JLA/Vengers and it's pure and overabundance of "Chaos Magic"), shyt would have gone much more smoothly.

But this is Bendis we're talking about.

As much slack as Didio and DC rebooting gets, I really do feel like Bendis/Brevroot have gutted Marvel just as badly.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC