Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
New Avengers..... damn. :mjcry:

Namor begging

How the hell you think you're gonna control thanos' goons like that?

Maximus is Mad entertaining.

giphy.gif

okay I'm done.

Doom is plotting.

Hickman is plotting.

Every time we've seen Doom's dinner table since Hickman's been writing him, somebody's getting horribly sonned.

It's amazing to me to think Kristoff is still around.

Earth Supreme Power. :mjcry:

Thanos demanding tribute. :mjcry:

Hickman and Fraction's long game rivaling Mike Carey's right now. :mjcry:
Love that book. The whole thing is bosses doing boss shyt. Can't wait to see what Doom has up his sleeve with Molecule Man.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:jawalrus:
When is Marvel going to wake up and have Doom at the center of one of their shytty mega-event crossovers?

can't. He'd have to be beaten and the status quo would have to change.

Don't nobody want to see Kristoff on the throne again.

If anything, they should have made DoomWar bigger than it was and had it end exactly like it did.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
can't. He'd have to be beaten and the status quo would have to change.

Don't nobody want to see Kristoff on the throne again.

If anything, they should have made DoomWar bigger than it was and had it end exactly like it did.

tumblr_m387jxKVnF1qznffv.gif

DoomWar, even with all the editorial fukkery like Mayberry being told he couldn't use the X-Men anymore after already having them in the story, and being forced to spend half an issue midway through the story to recap the story for 'new readers', is still one of Marvel's best events. Hickman's development of Doom, Panther and Namor's relations is almost entirely inspired by DoomWar and the events leading up to it.

Regarding Doom, I'm surprised he hasn't been given his own solo book in all this time. A book like that could be the Sandman of Marvel villains if done right.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, Namor fukked up with that one BUT...

I will give him this, at the time, Namor was working against the clock, he didn't have days to figure it out, he had 8 hours and when he went to the Necropolis, he sees all those goons standing around freed, he ain't have time to fight that losing battle, so he had to appeal to them to get anything done. And Doom stays off planet or in a different time or something, its not like Namor could just pick up the phone and call the homie.
He should have come to Doom way sooner than during that specific incursion because it was evident that no one in the Illuminati was going to kill an inhabited planet.
Namor should have been working with Doom on the sly all the time as a contingency for the inevitable bytch move the Illumimati members were going to pull.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
He should have come to Doom way sooner than during that specific incursion because it was evident that no one in the Illuminati was going to kill an inhabited planet.
Namor should have been working with Doom on the sly all the time as a contingency for the inevitable bytch move the Illumimati members were going to pull.

You are right, but Namor has always made it out being a "tweener" and treading the line between hero and villian, this time he actually made a firm choice siding with the Illuminati and it bit him in the ass. I hope this remains a sticking point with the character in the future.

But I sort of empathize with Namor, after ALLLLL the tough talk by the Illuminati, the process of making the decision to blow up planets, actually constructing the bombs, taking Cap out and keeping everything always from the rest of the heroes, he couldn't have known the whole team would bytch up in the manner they did. Even I was shocked at how they all just cowered in the moment of truth. Namor was degusted with them and I understood why, they al crossed a line by deciding to do this and reform the Illuminati in the first place, but if you aren't gonna go all the way, you just wasting Namor's time lol.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Doom sonning Namor was the best thing to happen in any Avengers book in years.
Vic felt the same why I did...Namor should have gone to him first instead of Thanos and those lame fukking Hickman created characters that are too overpowered for words and a bootleg Terrax.
0BYTalc.jpg
:jawalrus:
When is Marvel going to wake up and have Doom at the center of one of their shytty mega-event crossovers?

:dead: @ "Doom is No Man's second choice". :russ: @ Doom going Angry Black Woman on Namor, he coulda neck rolled and snapped his finger after that :deadmanny:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hey does anyone else think Shuri chose to die there so she can spy on the cabal and feed information to T'Challa? The whole "I have conviction to die for my cause" and Shuri mentioning how the Panther God knew T'Challa needed to speak to the dead black panthers and the fact they can't rely on information from anyone outside of the illuminati got me thinking that.

Also who is surprised Marvels current editorial is destroying wakanda? They gave the whole country worf syndrome.