Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Yo I finally started reading Mighty Avengers. This shyt is Piff! So refreshing to see an Avengers team of color. I really like the Blue Marvel guy. How come this is the first I've heard of the character? Is it just one of those :mjpls: things?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yo I finally started reading Mighty Avengers. This shyt is Piff! So refreshing to see an Avengers team of color. I really like the Blue Marvel guy. How come this is the first I've heard of the character? Is it just one of those :mjpls: things?
Well he wasn't created till 2008 so he hasn't been around that long.
He was created by Kevin Grevioux too; he's the dude who co-created the UNDERWORLD movie franchise.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well he wasn't created till 2008 so he hasn't been around that long.
He was created by Kevin Grevioux too; he's the dude who co-created the UNDERWORLD movie franchise.

Pretty much, and as far as I know Grevioux has been very protective of the character, until this Mighty Avengers series I don't think anyone other than Grevious wrote the character.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Pretty much, and as far as I know Grevioux has been very protective of the character, until this Mighty Avengers series I don't think anyone other than Grevious wrote the character.
I wonder if he and Marvel Films could come to an agreement to do something with the character either on the big screen or Netflix.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I didn't like Daredevil too much this week, javier Rodriguez drew the Wakandans like stereotypes.

Elektra was dope

Teen Titans was decent but the writer made Bunker sound too American when he's still fresh of the boat. I noticed in my copy of Teen Titans that the Green Lantern books are about to have another crossover, thank god I don't read those books :heh:

I'm not reading Multiversity until I go on my trip next week

Avengers #35's preview for the 8 month jump looks so ill

Avengers-35-Preview-1-6f8ce.jpg

Avengers-35-Preview-2-04b21.jpg

Avengers-35-Preview-3-7bfa7.jpg

Cheung :ohlawd:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Why do these dumb DC Comic fags retcon their shytty universe every decade just to bring back all the fukking other earths back?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I noticed in my copy of Teen Titans that the Green Lantern books are about to have another crossover, thank god I don't read those books :heh:

That's your loss because the Green Lantern books haven't been this enjoyable since Sinestro Corps War IMO.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why do these dumb DC Comic fags retcon their shytty universe every decade just to bring back all the fukking other earths back?
The Multiversity isn't a retcon though.
And they have had the 52 alternate Earths thing going on for a while now they just never bothered to show all of the Earths till now.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Man, it seems so weird and nostalgic seeing this place. Imagine what kind of crazy shyt Hickman might have turned out if his big story plotting on SHIELD/FF/Fantastic Four/Secret Warriors hadn't been suddenly scrapped so Bendis could do some lame ass crossovers.

soe60lA.jpg

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Went into the new issue of Saga wondering if Vaughan was going to drop some fukked up shyt on us again. Got to the first page and nearly spat my drink out. That motherfukker Vaughan! :dead:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Anybody know what ACTUALLY happened to Richard Rider now??

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Anybody know what ACTUALLY happened to Richard Rider now??

Nope, because Bendis dragged that shyt out so long that halfway through the explanation it suddenly said "To be continued". :heh:

Seriously though, I can't remember the last time I read such an incomprehensible mess in comic book form, but I'm almost certain it was probably Bendis as well. :russ:

Btw, I'm only laughing about it to overcompensate for the fact I want to cry at how disgraceful this GotG run has been to DnA's legacy.. :sadcam:

Like this is getting worse than the time Bendis was 'inspired' by Ellis' Thunderbolts and came up with that Dark Reign bullshyt. :to:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nope, because Bendis dragged that shyt out so long that halfway through the explanation it suddenly said "To be continued". :heh:

Seriously though, I can't remember the last time I read such an incomprehensible mess in comic book form, but I'm almost certain it was probably Bendis as well. :russ:

Btw, I'm only laughing about it to overcompensate for the fact I want to cry at how disgraceful this GotG run has been to DnA's legacy.. :sadcam:

Like this is getting worse than the time Bendis was 'inspired' by Ellis' Thunderbolts and came up with that Dark Reign bullshyt. :to:

Damn, I just bought that shyt. Now I gotta wait a month and buy 19 for the conclusion? :beli: