Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, Cavella was a great villain, maybe the most genuinely twisted in the whole run, especially once his backstory gets elaborated. When he set it off exhuming Castle's family you knew things were getting serious.

I really dug the slavers arc as well, how fukking great was that panel at the end with the elder Bulat soaked in gasoline and Frank in front of the handicam holding the zippo?
"Don't come back here :smugdraper::demonic::ufdup:"

:ohlawd::ohlawd::banderas:

I enjoyed the 'cuda stuff but you could see the OTT Ennis indulgences creeping in around the edges.

You read any of the Aaron/ Remender runs?

I did and thought they both sucked. Aaron's basically got rid of everything that made Punisher Max stand out from the regular 616 Punisher and just made it more violent. Incredibly boring stuff. Remender's Punisher was just flat-out wack, he wrote only one good issue, and that's the one where Frank was hunted down and killed by Daken during the whole Norman Osborn/Dark Reign stuff. Everything else in that run was basically a really, really forced metaphor that Frank was a monster, and then he made it even more forced with the Frankencastle shyt.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
What are these Marvel titles you guys are reading ? Im intrigued AS fukk... only one i have now is ''Original Sin'' and im behind on that..

all i read is DC Comics thats why,,,

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
What are these Marvel titles you guys are reading ? Im intrigued AS fukk... only one i have now is ''Original Sin'' and im behind on that..

all i read is DC Comics thats why,,,
New Avengers?

How old is Magneto? he looks like he's 10 years older than Wanda

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I did and thought they both sucked. Aaron's basically got rid of everything that made Punisher Max stand out from the regular 616 Punisher and just made it more violent. Incredibly boring stuff. Remender's Punisher was just flat-out wack, he wrote only one good issue, and that's the one where Frank was hunted down and killed by Daken during the whole Norman Osborn/Dark Reign stuff. Everything else in that run was basically a really, really forced metaphor that Frank was a monster, and then he made it even more forced with the Frankencastle shyt.

Welp, good looking, I'll miss them then. I was kinda tempted by Aaron's run off the strength of Scalped tho.

Was Warzone any good :lupe:

I love Fraction, and I can't see Rucka fukking up the Punisher premise...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The ending to New Avengers might be comic book moment of the year. If you ain't hype about what's to come, you have no soul.

The Multiversity almost broke me. This might've outdone Final Crisis in terms of complexity within the first five pages.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
New Avengers was dope I hate Namor but I will admit those last pages were epic and whoever said Storm was a hoe in this thread was right :heh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The ending to New Avengers might be comic book moment of the year. If you ain't hype about what's to come, you have no soul.

The Multiversity almost broke me. This might've outdone Final Crisis in terms of complexity within the first five pages.
The Multiversity was the only thing I read yesterday and I must have read it 3 times. It was that good.
The fukkery that Morrison is going to be getting up to with this book is just :blessed:
And Ivan Reis' art was spectacular.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The Multiversity was the only thing I read yesterday and I must have read it 3 times. It was that good.
The fukkery that Morrison is going to be getting up to with this book is just :blessed:
And Ivan Reis' art was spectacular.

Can you give a brief summary? Morrison is very hit or miss with me, I don't want to get caught up in a bunch of his babble unless the story is extremely good.