Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
The Multiversity was the only thing I read yesterday and I must have read it 3 times. It was that good.
The fukkery that Morrison is going to be getting up to with this book is just :blessed:
And Ivan Reis' art was spectacular.

Yeah can you explain what was happening in the book? I get loss for 5 issues reading Morrison's shyt. His style of making everything a clusterfukk until the 10th issue gets gold.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Captain America still serving nikkas, nh, when he back to being a 90 year old cac is kangaroo boo boo.

:patrice:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Picked up Rat Queens Vol 1 and enjoyed it. I liked the artwork and the story got better as it went along, set up some nice mysteries going forward. Betty is my favorite of the Queens, will be interested to see how the animated show turns out.

Will probably pick up Saga Vol 3 and Lazarus Vol 1 next.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can you give a brief summary? Morrison is very hit or miss with me, I don't want to get caught up in a bunch of his babble unless the story is extremely good.
Morrison is mapping out the DC multiverse's 52 planets as a major threat is trying to destroy everything.
He is using the old DC Silver Age plot device where one world's reality is depicted as comic books in the other worlds so characters are reading comics that are warning them about what's coming but they don't realize it and shyt.
It is basically Grant Morrison doing his own Morrison style take on the Crisis On Infinite Earths but it isn't completely confusing like Final Crisis was. It is a bit more straightforward and linear while still being completely in Morrison's style.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Finally read New Avengers and am loving that Namor threw them Illuminati pussies in the bushes.
His Cabal is cool too except it should have been Namor, Thanos, Maximus, Doom and Magneto instead of Thanos' lapdogs and that albino chick whose name I refuse to remember.
And why Marvel continues to make Storm look like a floozy is beyond me.
"Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep." :dead:

Teen Titans was good. it is amazing how much better Pfeiffer is with these characters than that painful neverending abortion that Lobdell wrote. And Rocaforte's art is just :lawd:.

Mighty Avengers was good as usual. I forgot Blade was boning Spitfire. I also forgot that Spitfire was turned into a vampire too.

If you haven't read it I recommend The Fade Out #1 wholeheartedly. Brubaker and Phillips doing a noir story set in 1948 Hollywood...really good book.

Original Sins pissed me off. it's not enough Marvel is ruining White Nick Fury, now they are ruining White Nick Fury's supporting characters too. Dum Dum Dugan deserved better.:shaq2:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Finally read New Avengers and am loving that Namor threw them Illuminati pussies in the bushes.
His Cabal is cool too except it should have been Namor, Thanos, Maximus, Doom and Magneto instead of Thanos' lapdogs and that albino chick whose name I refuse to remember.
And why Marvel continues to make Storm look like a floozy is beyond me.
"Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep." :dead:

Teen Titans was good. it is amazing how much better Pfeiffer is with these characters than that painful neverending abortion that Lobdell wrote. And Rocaforte's art is just :lawd:.

Mighty Avengers was good as usual. I forgot Blade was boning Spitfire. I also forgot that Spitfire was turned into a vampire too.

If you haven't read it I recommend The Fade Out #1 wholeheartedly. Brubaker and Phillips doing a noir story set in 1948 Hollywood...really good book.

Original Sins pissed me off. it's not enough Marvel is ruining White Nick Fury, now they are ruining White Nick Fury's supporting characters too. Dum Dum Dugan deserved better.:shaq2:

Namor only had 8 hours, he had to take what he could get on short notice and its not like they wouldn't be down for the cause

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, Namor was working on short notice so it made sense he only gathered those closest to him. I was more surprised Hickman didn't hint more strongly at Doom knowing something was up, he should really know about all this going on by now.

I didn't read Original Sins, what did they do to Dum Dum?

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Yeah, Namor was working on short notice so it made sense he only gathered those closest to him. I was more surprised Hickman didn't hint more strongly at Doom knowing something was up, he should really know about all this going on by now.

Revealed that he's been dead since he and Nick started early on and its been constant LMDs.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

And it makes sense, Namor was the only one willing to go through with killing other worlds, so while all these other guys are crying and visiting families and shyt, Namor went back to the war room to handle business, but when he gets their he realizes Maximus has freed everyone, so he just had to make an executive decision at that point.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

KrO7cgt.jpg

yLEzpbJ.jpg

e5W9jNn.jpg

tVNRR0t.jpg