Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
These comic movies and reading stuff on here has me wanting to get back into comics :lupe: haven't had any since I was in middle school.

Just ordered the following blindly hopefully they're good:

Amazing Spider-Man vol 3 #2
Amazing X-men Vol 2 #7
Batman Eternal #7
Uncanny Avengers #20
you should start with the #1's

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Prof. X is a manipulative jackass sometimes but overall he is a decent guy who tries to do good. If he was not decent at his core he wouldn't have formed the X-Men and fought Magneto for so long.

:mjlol: lets side step the fact that he killed his twin sister before he was even born OR the fact that he tricked the world into thinking he was a genius by using the entire human race as a library and picked whatever he wanted to fake that he knew out of someone's brain in an instant.....

Even though he knew, had personally met and recruited a network of spies and adults.....

he instead personally got a group of 15 year olds,

trained them and sent them out to fight a bunch of grown ass killers.....

then named them after himself. :sas1:

Sounds like his pride wouldn't let him be outdid. :sas2:

Even though he had Moira McTaggart and Amelia Voight on his paralyzed nuts, Lusts after 14 year old Jean Grey, prolly aint try nothing cause he knew he couldn't get it up and said fukk it. :patrice:

Tricks these kids into thinking he had lost his powers and pushed them away on some ":sadcam: you're better off without me" shyt... just to see what they would do, but it was really to gauge their gullibility so

He could convince a villain that he "conveniently" knew to impersonate him while never using telepathy (Charles "conveniently" knows lots of villains) or telekinesis.... poor dude dies two issues later.

Charles' reaction: :manny:

But EVEN THIS was just Charles dikking around while he "prepared for an alien invasion". I mean... this is still Marvel Comics. Do you really think Charles was humanity's last hope against some invading aliens, but needed to train in seclusion? :comeon: Think about that. Dude was prolly off on vacation somewhere away from those bratty ass kids and his anguish over his forbidden love for 14 year old readheads.

Did I mention that Jean Grey was the only person he told he wasn't dead..... just because he couldn't bear the thought of hurting his Lolita's feelings?

Have I mentioned I'm only up to issue 42 right now? :russ:

Charles Xavier is NOT a decent human being. :mjlol:

He's a haughty scumbag who's power makes him feel smug and superior to everyone else and is driven by the need to feel superior (everyone else is wrong)... but tries to convince himself he's a good person by training other folks to do good things in his name.

Literally. :troll:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Haven't read the Black Canary & Zatanna book yet but Fantastic Four and Ms Marvel were the best books this week to me. I love when books react to the inherent ridiculousness of comic books and this issue of FF nailed that. Like @Mr. Negative did above for Professor X, this issue basically summed up all the insane fukkery caused by the Fantastic Four in their early adventures.

Ms Marvel is the kind of book that deserves more attention than it gets, not because of the whole muslim aspect but because alongside All-New Ghost Rider and Nova, we finally getting some teenage heroes again who can enjoy themselves fighting baddies and only worry about their family instead of all this constant "We have to save the whole universe and carry that weight on our shoulders" stuff.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CBR published a story saying that marvel is going to stop publishing fantastic four books because they believe it helps promote Fox's films. FF characters will continue to guest star in other books but the main title will be on hiatus. Xmen books are spared from that forced hiatus because they sell a lot, but marvel is going to stop devoting advertising money to the x books unless it's a crossover like avx.

Spider man books are safe because Disney and Sony have a good relationship.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
CBR published a story saying that marvel is going to stop publishing fantastic four books because they believe it helps promote Fox's films. FF characters will continue to guest star in other books but the main title will be on hiatus. Xmen books are spared from that forced hiatus because they sell a lot, but marvel is going to stop devoting advertising money to the x books unless it's a crossover like avx.

Spider man books are safe because Disney and Sony have a good relationship.

Wow word? That's petty as fukk

Edit: Tom Breevort said this on his Tumblr:

"My denying rumors isn’t likely to keep anybody who’s prone to paranoia from panicking. But really, does this even seem remotely plausible to people? Does it make any sense? Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run."

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thing they sent an editor out to address those rumors because it doesn't make sense. That would be like DC not publishing superman. FF is the reason why marvel became successful

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good thing they sent an editor out to address those rumors because it doesn't make sense. That would be like DC not publishing superman. FF is the reason why marvel became successful

Yeah that would be a stupid business move on their part. The day a CEO suggest that should be his last day