Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wow word? That's petty as fukk

Edit: Tom Breevort said this on his Tumblr:
On Bleeding Cool they released a letter from Marvel telling artists for outside projects for companies like Upper Deck that they couldn't use FF characters:
PLvESwk.jpg

Artists Given Specific Instructions Not To Use Fantastic Four Characters (UPDATE) - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
On Bleeding Cool they released a letter from Marvel telling artists for outside projects for companies like Upper Deck that they couldn't use FF characters:
PLvESwk.jpg

Artists Given Specific Instructions Not To Use Fantastic Four Characters (UPDATE) - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Breevort is lying because that's what he does anyway and that's his job but that doesn't mean it's not a stupid business decision. Bad PR week for Marvel, with this shyt, the ant-man drama (which is hilarious and ironic btw). Don't be surprised if they have some major news announcement next week to foster some good publicity

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yo, on the real we need a separate thread on all the foul shyt Prof. X done over the years. Didn't this nikka erase Scott's memory of Vulcan because he sent him on some suicide mission or something ?

Yeah He like...

Okay, the original X-Men+Havok and Polaris went to that living island or whatever.

When they didn't come back, Charles thought they were dead, so he got his backup team (I say backup cause I LOVE the way Charles always "finds" whole new mutant teams in a matter of minutes whenever shyt hits the fan) to go and look for them.

Yeah, one of them was Cyke and Havok's brother whom they knew existed and all. I think he was even staynig at the school.

They all died.

So Charles got ANOTHER team of mutants, the one with Wolvie and Storm and the like and sent THEM to the island.

When they made it back, Cyclops was like :dwillhuh: where's my brother?

Prof X: I, uhh.... sent him to get you and he ain't make it.:ld:

Cyke: :why: WHAAAT HOW COULD YOU! YOU SENT HIM IN THERE:sadbron: YOU KNOW HE WASNT READY YOU SENT MY BROTHER TO DIE:damn:

Prof: :whoa: Uhh, no I didn't!
mysmilie_832_zpse7adc2c9.png
What brother? You mean Alex? :sas1:

Cyke: :mindblown::dwillhuh: What about Alex? Yeah, he's fine.

Prof: Right. I'm so glad you're okay, Scott. :sas2:

So yeah. It's easy to say he only erased him from Scott's memory.

He erased the memory of that WHOLE TEAM from the minds of EVERY LIVING BEING ON THE PLANET.

Then casually acted like none of this ever happened like the sociopath that he was.
tumblr_md74krNHuA1rnb1tbo1_250_zps16840f05.gif

You cats REALLY want to tell me that Charles Xavier was a good person?
tumblr_lt1x7ivfTt1qb80v7_zps68ee179b.jpg

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
:mjlol: lets side step the fact that he killed his twin sister before he was even born OR the fact that he tricked the world into thinking he was a genius by using the entire human race as a library and picked whatever he wanted to fake that he knew out of someone's brain in an instant.....

Even though he knew, had personally met and recruited a network of spies and adults.....

he instead personally got a group of 15 year olds,

trained them and sent them out to fight a bunch of grown ass killers.....

then named them after himself. :sas1:

Sounds like his pride wouldn't let him be outdid. :sas2:

Even though he had Moira McTaggart and Amelia Voight on his paralyzed nuts, Lusts after 14 year old Jean Grey, prolly aint try nothing cause he knew he couldn't get it up and said fukk it. :patrice:

Tricks these kids into thinking he had lost his powers and pushed them away on some ":sadcam: you're better off without me" shyt... just to see what they would do, but it was really to gauge their gullibility so

He could convince a villain that he "conveniently" knew to impersonate him while never using telepathy (Charles "conveniently" knows lots of villains) or telekinesis.... poor dude dies two issues later.

Charles' reaction: :manny:

But EVEN THIS was just Charles dikking around while he "prepared for an alien invasion". I mean... this is still Marvel Comics. Do you really think Charles was humanity's last hope against some invading aliens, but needed to train in seclusion? :comeon: Think about that. Dude was prolly off on vacation somewhere away from those bratty ass kids and his anguish over his forbidden love for 14 year old readheads.

Did I mention that Jean Grey was the only person he told he wasn't dead..... just because he couldn't bear the thought of hurting his Lolita's feelings?

Have I mentioned I'm only up to issue 42 right now? :russ:

Charles Xavier is NOT a decent human being. :mjlol:

He's a haughty scumbag who's power makes him feel smug and superior to everyone else and is driven by the need to feel superior (everyone else is wrong)... but tries to convince himself he's a good person by training other folks to do good things in his name.

Literally. :troll:

dont forget being a piece of shyt father.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
so umm original sins.....i don't think that was a lmd.....:patrice:
There is a theory going around that white Nick Fury is going to be come the new Watcher. Not sure why a race of immortal super-beings would bother to give powers to some human to fill an open job slot but I also don't understand when The Orb went from a biker with an eyeball helmet to a dude with an eyeball for a head either.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
There is a theory going around that white Nick Fury is going to be come the new Watcher. Not sure why a race of immortal super-beings would bother to give powers to some human to fill an open job slot but I also don't understand when The Orb went from a biker with an eyeball helmet to a dude with an eyeball for a head either.

2nd Orb, just showed up one day as a circus freak.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Prof. X is a manipulative jackass sometimes but overall he is a decent guy who tries to do good. If he was not decent at his core he wouldn't have formed the X-Men and fought Magneto for so long.

To be honest, a significant number of Marvel heroes (Iron Man, Black Panther, Cyclops, Reed and Spider-Man) are not GREAT people at their core and are prone to selfish desires. But with Chuck and the rest, the good typically outweighs the bad

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
so umm original sins.....i don't think that was a lmd.....:patrice:

This whole story is on some bullshyt. It's so scattered and over the place there's really no reason to assume that 1) Bucky turned heel and 2) Fury died for real. Which makes the whole moment kind of pointless because there's no impact.

I was literally looking at those last pages like "Yeah, whatever..." :rudy:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And of course Brevoort is lying out of his ass. This is the same man, when asked about the continuity mistake that Bendis made regarding which Illuminati members held which gems during his Avengers tenure, answered that they must've gotten switched up somehow. If that's the best response the chief editor can come up with, you know you're dealing with an unapologetic sack of shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
And of course Brevoort is lying out of his ass. This is the same man, when asked about the continuity mistake that Bendis made regarding which Illuminati members held which gems during his Avengers tenure, answered that they must've gotten switched up somehow. If that's the best response the chief editor can come up with, you know you're dealing with an unapologetic sack of shyt.
He really comes up with excuses for Bendis bullshyt Avengers run

He even comes up with excuses for Bendis making The Beyonder a Inhuman

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Original Sin #3 was the best issue so far in the event so far. That has to be a fake Fury.

Punisher was dope as usual

Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man was cool but Peter Parker needs to dip

Nailbiter #2 was really good, y'all need to start reading this

Action Comics was really good, this is the first book that I've enjoyed Greg Pak's writing.