Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Wasn't impressed with Forever Evil honestly...and Future's End seems more of the same. I'll check it out but the reviews aren't looking good.

But on the real, who here is reading Miracleman/Marvelman? :whoo:

For years I wondered what the big deal was, but I have to say this story needs to be told. the issues can't come out fast enough lol :feedme:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Wasn't impressed with Forever Evil honestly...and Future's End seems more of the same. I'll check it out but the reviews aren't looking good.

But on the real, who here is reading Miracleman/Marvelman? :whoo:

For years I wondered what the big deal was, but I have to say this story needs to be told. the issues can't come out fast enough lol :feedme:
I'm waiting for the Miracleman trade
Punisher was great up until FrankenCastle
I thought it was average right up until FrankenCastle which was straight up awful

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is there any new stuff included in the Miracleman comics are is just reprints of the original series?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
it's all enhanced reprints from "The original writer" and some of Mick Angelo's work that help flesh out the characters. There's a few behind the scenes features of the process too.

We wont see any new stuff until we reach the end of Gaiman's run that he didn't finish previously. I also get mine digitally so I'm not sure if the physical copy is a plus or not.

It's all good though, I'm just impressed that its damn near a better story than Watchmen and I missed out all these years.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I got my hands on some ratty old copies years ago and was totally impressed so I am glad that Marvel is making it available to the masses.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The 6 hero counterparts on Axis are Thor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Deadpool, Medusa, and Storm.

I'm ready for this. I don't really care about Original Sin.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The 6 hero counterparts on Axis are Thor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Deadpool, Medusa, and Storm.

I'm ready for this. I don't really care about Original Sin.
Seems odd to not have Spider-Man involved when there are two of his enemies on the other side. Same with Cap considering Red Skull looks to be prominent in this event.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Thank You, Jim Starlin.Ron Lim.

tumblr_m4jhaksNCK1rn95k2o1_500.gif

THANK YOU.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Seems odd to not have Spider-Man involved when there are two of his enemies on the other side. Same with Cap considering Red Skull looks to be prominent in this event.
Remender doesn't care about pairing rivals. He mixes and matches like crazy. Remember that Black Legion from AOA? It had versions of Sentry, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, and Dr. Octopus in it. Then Kang's Chronos Corps in UA...it has some of everybody in it. This is just him playing with characters he likes to use like Bendis always does. Jason Aaron is pulling that too with Orb.

I didn't read comic books in the 90's except for up to about the beginning of 94, so I missed the whole Onslaught thing.

Reading about it, he was so powerful because he was siphoning the powers of Nate Grey and Franklin Richards.

So "Red Onslaught" should be not as powerful. He should have Xavier's full mental abilities unencumbered by his morality...just like Cassandra Nova pretty much. He should be able to do things that Xavier couldn't do, like telekinesis for instance, and on a scale greater Xavier. But he shouldn't be as powerful as the original Onslaught because he doesn't have the added mental abilities of Nate Grey and the reality-shaping powers, energy projection, etc. of Franklin Richards right?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Remender doesn't care about pairing rivals. He mixes and matches like crazy. Remember that Black Legion from AOA? It had versions of Sentry, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, and Dr. Octopus in it. Then Kang's Chronos Corps in UA...it has some of everybody in it. This is just him playing with characters he likes to use like Bendis always does. Jason Aaron is pulling that too with Orb.

I didn't read comic books in the 90's except for up to about the beginning of 94, so I missed the whole Onslaught thing.

Reading about it, he was so powerful because he was siphoning the powers of Nate Grey and Franklin Richards.

So "Red Onslaught" should be not as powerful. He should have Xavier's full mental abilities unencumbered by his morality...just like Cassandra Nova pretty much. He should be able to do things that Xavier couldn't do, like telekinesis for instance, and on a scale greater Xavier. But he shouldn't be as powerful as the original Onslaught because he doesn't have the added mental abilities of Nate Grey and the reality-shaping powers, energy projection, etc. of Franklin Richards right?
He should just be a Nazi Prof. X basically.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Best books I read this week:

Trees
Batman
Southern b*stards
C.O.W.L.
Nightwing