Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Remender doesn't care about pairing rivals. He mixes and matches like crazy. Remember that Black Legion from AOA? It had versions of Sentry, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, and Dr. Octopus in it. Then Kang's Chronos Corps in UA...it has some of everybody in it. This is just him playing with characters he likes to use like Bendis always does. Jason Aaron is pulling that too with Orb.

I didn't read comic books in the 90's except for up to about the beginning of 94, so I missed the whole Onslaught thing.

Reading about it, he was so powerful because he was siphoning the powers of Nate Grey and Franklin Richards.

So "Red Onslaught" should be not as powerful. He should have Xavier's full mental abilities unencumbered by his morality...just like Cassandra Nova pretty much. He should be able to do things that Xavier couldn't do, like telekinesis for instance, and on a scale greater Xavier. But he shouldn't be as powerful as the original Onslaught because he doesn't have the added mental abilities of Nate Grey and the reality-shaping powers, energy projection, etc. of Franklin Richards right?

If u use Charles Xavier's abilities in a villainous capacity, you're pretty fukking dangerous. Onslaught had Xavier, Magneto, Nate, and Franklin's powers...he was knocking out Hulk..embarrassing Iron Man and Thor all the time...had Apocalypse scared to fight him....Doom teaming up with enemies and seeking out Magneto for help.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The new Uncanny Avengers was the best issue since they started this crazy post-Earth shyt. Does anyone like Daniel Acuna's art? I think he sucks ass. He draws Flintstone people. I don't know why he keeps getting high profile work.

Thunderbolts and Mighty Avengers were both good too.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
These comic movies and reading stuff on here has me wanting to get back into comics :lupe: haven't had any since I was in middle school.

Just ordered the following blindly hopefully they're good:

Amazing Spider-Man vol 3 #2
Amazing X-men Vol 2 #7
Batman Eternal #7
Uncanny Avengers #20

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The new Uncanny Avengers was the best issue since they started this crazy post-Earth shyt. Does anyone like Daniel Acuna's art? I think he sucks ass. He draws Flintstone people. I don't know why he keeps getting high profile work.

Thunderbolts and Mighty Avengers were both good too.
I like Acuna on covers but his sequential art is not my cup of tea. And I am still not feeling this arc in Uncanny Avengers. I just want it to end to see what Remenders follow up is going to be.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
He should just be a Nazi Prof. X basically.
He should be more powerful though because they said Xavier chose to consciously limit the full scope of his powers out of fear if what he could become.

Cassandra Nova was Xavier's full powers unleashed. She had telekinesis and other crazy mental powers. Red Onslaught should be Cassandra Nova basically I would think.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He should be more powerful though because they said Xavier chose to consciously limit the full scope of his powers out of fear if what he could become.

Cassandra Nova was Xavier's full powers unleashed. She had telekinesis and other crazy mental powers. Red Onslaught should be Cassandra Nova basically I would think.
You are probably right. I just never liked that whole "Xavier limits himself to keep from becoming evil" thing because it seemed like a cop-out. If Xavier is at his core a decent human being than using his powers to their fullest shouldn't change that. It is not like an outside influence is corrupting him like the Phoenix Force or something.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are probably right. I just never liked that whole "Xavier limits himself to keep from becoming evil" thing because it seemed like a cop-out. If Xavier is at his core a decent human being than using his powers to their fullest shouldn't change that. It is not like an outside influence is corrupting him like the Phoenix Force or something.
See writing like that is why I started disliking Xavier . Because he's done so many dikk moves over the years add on all the times the xmen could of used his full scale of power but he's been uselessly waiting for magnetos or juggernauts helmets to fall off :snoop: the guy does more shady shyt than those few years when batman was just acting like a complete unlikeable dikk

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Xavier at his core wasn't a decent human being.

See writing like that is why I started disliking Xavier . Because he's done so many dikk moves over the years add on all the times the xmen could of used his full scale of power but he's been uselessly waiting for magnetos or juggernauts helmets to fall off :snoop: the guy does more shady shyt than those few years when batman was just acting like a complete unlikeable dikk

see?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
He's done some foul shyt, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's not a decent human being.

He does good despite his shytty nature. Dude killed Cassandra Nova purely by instinct.

":dwillhuh:wait... there's ANOTHER being alive in this p*ssy with me!?

:patrice:

:demonic: fukk that!"

and that's BEFORE he was born! :russ: