Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The team books I'm enjoying right now are Hickman's Avengers books, Thunderbolts, Secret Avengers and Mighty Avengers when the book isn't focusing on Blue Marvel. Uncanny X-Men is good too
Gonna download them all. Man, I've missed comics. Just been too busy with school and shyt. Semesters over. No work tomorrow. I'm about to fukking nerd out on this Spidey tonight, watch the movie tomorrow no matter how shytty it may be, and read the rest of these shyts you recommending.

Thanks, brotha :myman:

PS I've never read any Thunderbolts volumes. Any classic shyt I"m missing out on?

Also, I'd like for anyone who cares to drop whatever their personal favorite arc is in any comic book. Let it be known. I wanna read them shyts.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto #3 was a masterpiece. Excellent dialogue and usage of powers.

Didn't read the teen Cyclops book.

X Factor was pretty good too.

Haven't gotten to anything else. ..too much encoding.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cyclops #1 was better than I expected.

Still not quite sure about Original Sin as a story; it just seems like fanfic to me. The art was amazing though.

Futures End is ok but gotdamn the art is all wrong for this book. Zircher's stuff would work well on Green Arrow or something but this book needs an artist who draws in a cleaner more dynamic style.

Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was good. This is like the only Marvel book Bendis seems to be able to write well. And that last page was :dwillhuh:

Liking the way Red Robin was characterized in Batman Eternal but its like the entire genre of the book changed from last issue. We were in a mystery/crime comic and now we got nanobyte monsters taking over small children and shyt.

Black Superman better get his head out of his ass in Earth 2 because all of this pacifist bullshyt doesn't cut it when you got a crazy White Superman trying to kill you and everyone you know. It was funny how Clark has his parents basically held hostage but is acting like everything is perfectly fine.

She-Hulk was good too...got a guest appearance from Daredevil and She-Hulk storming into Latveria. I tend to enjoy the outside the norm depictions of Doom where he is portrayed in a humorous vein as long as they are few and far between and this was one of the better ones.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I totally recommend The Woods to anybody looking for a non-superhero book to check out.
This joint read like a script for a movie or tv series with pictures.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Original Sin was aight, though I am very lukewarm to the concept.

How can someone sneak up on the Watcher and kill him? :comeon: Dude has Galactus/Celestial/Elder of the universe level powers. Someone can just walk up to him and shoot him in the head with a powerful weapon and he ain't even know it?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man is dope

Original Sin was cool

Nailbiter was dope

Real Heroes was dope too

Earth 2 - I'll read that on the weekend

Spider-Man: Learning how to crawl - Keeping this for the weekend too

Punisher was a quick read but I did enjoy it

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man is dope

Original Sin was cool

Nailbiter was dope

Real Heroes was dope too

Earth 2 - I'll read that on the weekend

Spider-Man: Learning how to crawl - Keeping this for the weekend too

Punisher was a quick read but I did enjoy it
I liked Nailbiter too. Curious to see if it goes supernatural with why that one town produces so many serial killers.