Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Y'all need to read Avengers #29 holy shyt it was so good. The ending will leaving you screaming especially if you read World War Hulk

Make sure you read Avengers before New Avengers
Avengers #29 is out already? Or are you talking about #28?
If so it was an entire book of two guys talking with a really lame ass bit of exposition thrown in to wrap up that equally horrible Avengers from Another World storyline. Basically it was Hickman doing Bendis.
Honestly I am past ready for Hickman to leave this book because it is like he has a million and one plates spinning yet nothing of consequence ever really happens while the Avengers are made to be less of the focus than the highminded nonsensical storyline Hickman has devised.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 was good. As much as I liked Ock as Spidey I do have to admit to enjoying having Peter back especially because this is the Peter I love...a wisecracking sad sack with bad luck in his personal life but not a complete dark cloud who whines constantly.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
If so it was an entire book of two guys talking with a really lame ass bit of exposition thrown in to wrap up that equally horrible Avengers from Another World storyline. Basically it was Hickman doing Bendis.
Honestly I am past ready for Hickman to leave this book because it is like he has a million and one plates spinning yet nothing of consequence ever really happens while the Avengers are made to be less of the focus than the highminded nonsensical storyline Hickman has devised.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 was good. As much as I liked Ock as Spidey I do have to admit to enjoying having Peter back especially because this is the Peter I love...a wisecracking sad sack with bad luck in his personal life but not a complete dark cloud who whines constantly.
:heh: You are the most negative debbie downer ass dude on this whole site...geez.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

I thought the exposition was great and unlike a Bendis book something happened

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:heh: You are the most negative debbie downer ass dude on this whole site...geez.
So you just missed the part where I said I liked the new Spider-Man book huh?
You know it is normal for people to not like the things you do without getting all butthurt over it,

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought the exposition was great and unlike a Bendis book something happened
Hickman's overarching story is moving at a snail's pace and all that seems to happen is that characters get moved around. All of these Avengers books are just meandering along and have been for a while now.
The best Avengers book out is Mighty Avengers because it has been excluded from Hickman's overarching story.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Avengers was dope. Best issue in a minute.

New Avengers was meh. Don't care about this fake Justice League team.

X-Force has been a mild disappointment. I hate the writer's fakkity long-winded dialogue.

Silver Surfer is trash. I'm done with it after 2 issues. He's such a good character and no one can right a book about him worth a damn in the past 20 years. He should be fighting major league universal threats like he was in the Starlin days. Not these cute little weird stories where he befriends an Earth girl or some shyt.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
So you just missed the part where I said I liked the new Spider-Man book huh?
You know it is normal for people to not like the things you do without getting all butthurt over it,
Nah it's just that 95% of your posts I read whether it's talking about comics or politics are rantings about how terrible someone or something is.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah it's just that 95% of your posts I read whether it's talking about comics or politics are rantings about how terrible someone or something is.
Man, I haven't posted about politics on this site in ages and I post about comics I like in this thread more than I do shyt I dislike.
I'm still trying to get someone in this fukking thread to read Rover Red Charlie because I liked it so much.
I am just disappointed as fukk in Hickman's Avengers.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Man, I haven't posted about politics on this site in ages and I post about comics I like in this thread more than I do shyt I dislike.
I'm still trying to get someone in this fukking thread to read Rover Red Charlie because I liked it so much.
I am just disappointed as fukk in Hickman's Avengers.
So what Avengers runs do you find good? Any?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Avengers was dope. Best issue in a minute.

New Avengers was meh. Don't care about this fake Justice League team.

X-Force has been a mild disappointment. I hate the writer's fakkity long-winded dialogue.

Silver Surfer is trash. I'm done with it after 2 issues. He's such a good character and no one can right a book about him worth a damn in the past 20 years. He should be fighting major league universal threats like he was in the Starlin days. Not these cute little weird stories where he befriends an Earth girl or some shyt.

I dunno. I thought last issue that introduced them was fun, when they went back to it this issue I was like "Wait, why we're spending more time with this faux-pas JL?", then the end happened with the future of the Illuminati teaming up with them and I was like :ohhh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Marvel is far worse than DC in these major events. That is why I stopped reading Marvel after WWH event.

yeah i think so these events usually come and go so fast that's it's hard to keep with. the funny thing is dc is going to be rolling into that 5 years into the future event soon.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Marvel is far worse than DC in these major events. That is why I stopped reading Marvel after WWH event.

i think they're both pretty bad which is why i don't really fukk wit much of their line up anymore. i'm more into image and indie comics now. hell most of my favorite comics now are mostly sci fi

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So what Avengers runs do you find good? Any?
You talking about currently? Because I posted that I am digging the current Mighty Avengers book.

All-time I liked the majority of the Busiek/Perez run; Jim Shooter's run was cool; Roger Stern with the Under Siege story; John Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers; Geoff Johns short time on the book had potential; i liked Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers comic too. I think the Tom DeFalco/Steve Epting run was underrated too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i think they're both pretty bad which is why i don't really fukk wit much of their line up anymore. i'm more into image and indie comics now. hell most of my favorite comics now are mostly sci fi
Are you reading Black Science? Its really good.

Meant to grab Dream Police #1 by J. Michael Straszcynski but lunched and forgot it came out this week.