Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
When the fukk hasn't Magneto been an A Lister? Get me back when some Captain America and Thor movies bring in the money that Magneto starring films do And those movies got Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannsen

Taking just their first appearances on the big screen as comparison we have the following worldwide box office grosses:

X-Men: $296 million
Captain America: $360 million
Thor: $449 million

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Magneto is barely a b-lister. Magneto has never even had his own solo book until 50 years in the character's history, and even that shyt is going to get canceled with the quickness. The put a nobody ass writer on it, Cullen Bunn, because they know it's just a placeholder..
that's what I've been trying to say lol some characters are A-list by association to certain teams/brands but aren't solo

am i missin somethin here??? dooms best chance is a revolutionary drama flick and thanos only got a love drama where he simps death and fails...

mags is the only one ive seen listed that could actually hold his own trilogy without any other marvel characters bein involved.... if you remember first class was supposed to be a magneto origins movie followed by an xavier movie but they felt no other characters could even make a good origins movie so they changed it up.... a doom or thanos movie ain't gonna be shyt without the hero teams.. most dudes on here don't even like thanos rising...

movies aside mags has had numerous series, been in all major books & been in more focal storylines than anybody else.... this dudes had numerous imposters and a clone but in the end they had to bring back the original... they even made him younger so they could keep him around...

that said, i agree with you that i dont know about this book... the arts bad and i dont know about the writer but ill take your word he aint nobody special.. despite the book possibly floppin there's no other marvel villain with more potentian than magneto to have an ongoing at this point imo....

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
LMAO @ Earth 2 lois lane talking about how supes is a good guy and will never lose his moral compass, in my head i was like ''bytch you better not read injustice then'' loool

JLA is trassssssssh, i give ZERO fukks about power girl...

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
The only series I've been reading lately are Daredevil & Hawkeye...and they are both great.

Any suggestions for a similar series (e.g. gritty urban settings, witty dialogue that doesn't take itself too seriius.)???

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The only series I've been reading lately are Daredevil & Hawkeye...and they are both great.

Any suggestions for a similar series (e.g. gritty urban settings, witty dialogue that doesn't take itself too seriius.)???
Moon Knight is starting on Wednesday and Mighty Avengers

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I read the first issue of Planetary by Warren Ellis on Comixology :ohlawd:

I just ordered the Omnibus on Amazon

truly one of the GREATEST comics of all time.

It reads like a love letter to the media of the counter-cuture.

Be thankful you don't have to do that agonizing wait between issues, breh. :salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

You could try Green Arrow too.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I might be getting my first ever Moon Knight book tomorrow. I would get Magneto but I don't want to get a book that might end up crossing over with books I don't read