Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
SupermanFuturesEnd_400x629.gif

http://www.newsarama.com/20436-dc-s-september-2014-event-revealed-3d-covers-return.html

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Mighty Avengers and Thunderbolts are both very fun books.

Trial of Jean Grey is trash. Bendis has completely lost whatever writing spark he once had. What is the point of this? The premise is nonsensical. And nothing has happened in 4 issues except the ShiAr kidnapped Jean and we got to witness the earth-shattering return of Corsair! :snooze: I'm sure there will be another formulaic Bendis twist or two, but it will still be just as forgettable as Battle of the Atom...well, almost. Bendis is long overdude for :flabbynsick: flattop.

Uncanny Avengers...goddamn is all I have to say. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
If Superman wasn't with Wonder Woman I would pair him up with Cat Grant as much as I like Lois I'm over the Clois pairing

Superman: Lois Lane was dope

So how long will Magneto last?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If Superman wasn't with Wonder Woman I would pair him up with Cat Grant as much as I like Lois I'm over the Clois pairing

Superman: Lois Lane was dope

So how long will Magneto last?

It's an ongoing series...it doesn't end

A Superman story was dope? Lol...

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
It's an ongoing series...it doesn't end

A Superman story was dope? Lol...
Ongoings sometimes change into mini's

and Action Comics has been dope since Greg Pak started writing it

Superman is getting better under Lobdell and will probably be awesome under Geoff Johns

Superman/ Wonder Woman is awesome

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Ongoings sometimes change into mini's

and Action Comics has been dope since Greg Pak started writing it

Superman is getting better under Lobdell and will probably be awesome under Geoff Johns

Superman/ Wonder Woman is awesome

Magneto is a A lister..he's not going anywhere.

They got Pak writing Superman? Hmmmm...didn't know that. Last I heard..he wanted to write a Storm series.

Lobdell getting praise? Odd. I've seen nothing but pure hate since he got exposed for sexually harassing that woman.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Magneto is a A lister..he's not going anywhere.

They got Pak writing Superman? Hmmmm...didn't know that. Last I heard..he wanted to write a Storm series.

Lobdell getting praise? Odd. I've seen nothing but pure hate since he got exposed for sexually harassing that woman.
The Thing is a bigger name than Magneto and didn't last 10 issues

Being A-list among a team doesn't mean you will successful solo

Lobdell has been wack on teen titans

Pak moved to DC

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Thing is a bigger name than Magneto and didn't last 10 issues

Being A-list among a team doesn't mean you will successful solo

The Thing is a bigger name than Magneto? Maybe back in the 80s but he ain't even Black Widow level at this point. Magneto is the top drawing villain in Marvel history.

Spider Man
Wolverine
Storm
Captain America
Hulk
Magneto
Iron Man since the movie

Those are the biggest characters in Marvel...Wolverine, Magneto, and Storm are without question the top X characters in history. Everybody gets killed off or takes breaks..they don't do major shifts in X history without going through Magneto as a centerpiece point. They got Kitty replacing Xavier..lol. shows how important he is. Had Emma replace Jean as a concubine for Scott and Scott ' s whole inner conflict since 2001 has revolved around being Magneto lite. That's why he's liked these days.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Superman is getting better under Lobdell
Really? he's the reason why I dropped Superman and couldn't get into Teen Titans. Hel on Earth was the last straw. How do you have a stronger version of superman and yet the two never had a single real fight in the entire cross over

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The Thing is a bigger name than Magneto? Maybe back in the 80s but he ain't even Black Widow level at this point. Magneto is the top drawing villain in Marvel history.

Spider Man
Wolverine
Storm
Captain America
Hulk
Magneto
Iron Man since the movie

Those are the biggest characters in Marvel...Wolverine, Magneto, and Storm are without question the top X characters in history. Everybody gets killed off or takes breaks..they don't do major shifts in X history without going through Magneto as a centerpiece point. They got Kitty replacing Xavier..lol. shows how important he is. Had Emma replace Jean as a concubine for Scott and Scott ' s whole inner conflict since 2001 has revolved around being Magneto lite. That's why he's liked these days.
I agree with all those character being Marvel biggest character except Storm and Magneto

They both have no history of being successful without the X-Men

Storm Mini's sell terribly, Tom Brevoort was even making jokes about that on Tumblr a few days ago. Storm isn't on Black Widow's level these days

No X-Men character is big outside the team besides Wolverine

Magneto isn't even the biggest villain, Doom and Thanos are more popular than him.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Really? he's the reason why I dropped Superman and couldn't get into Teen Titans. Hel on Earth was the last straw. How do you have a stronger version of superman and yet the two never had a single real fight in the entire cross over
The newest issue was cool but he has been garbage most of his run

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I agree with all those character being Marvel biggest character except Storm and Magneto

They both have no history of being successful without the X-Men

Storm Mini's sell terribly, Tom Brevoort was even making jokes about that on Tumblr a few days ago. Storm isn't on Black Widow's level these days

No X-Men character is big outside the team besides Wolverine

Magneto isn't even the biggest villain, Doom and Thanos are more popular than him.

Let's see...First Class revolves around Magneto...X Men 1-3 revolves around Magneto, teaming up with Magneto, and Jean and Magneto. The last image is Magneto from the core films. He has been a centerpiece character in every animated series they ever had. His stories sell the most..outsell Hulk and Spider Man stories. His story is the highest selling book in comic history.

Thanos is getting somewhat pushed but he is nowhere near as popular as Magneto. One video game appearance? Doom stories don't sell anywhere near Magneto level and he is nowhere near in as many media/films/shows/video games as Magneto. Not even close. Venom is bigger than Thanos in Marvel....Thanos has gotten decent treatment in the last 12 years but they use to have him lose to Ka Zar in 1997 and he was like 3rd tier.

U must be pretty young to say that Thanos and Doom are anywhere near as big or successful as the Magneto character in Marvel history. They never had any story as legendary as the Age of Apocalypse...which revolved around Magneto, Rogue, and Apocalypse.

The Avengers are making money now but the X comics used to ALWAYS outsell DC in the 90s. Wasn't even close. They had like 15 of the top 20 spots. 10 of those were X comics. Joe Mad era. Andy Kubert era. Pacheco era. Roger Cruz era. Mark Waid..Lobdell...Nicieza...they made their names off of popular Magneto and X stories.