Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Let's see...First Class revolves around Magneto...X Men 1-3 revolves around Magneto, teaming up with Magneto, and Jean and Magneto. The last image is Magneto from the core films. He has been a centerpiece character in every animated series they ever had. His stories sell the most..outsell Hulk and Spider Man stories. His story is the highest selling book in comic history.

Thanos is getting somewhat pushed but he is nowhere near as popular as Magneto. One video game appearance? Doom stories don't sell anywhere near Magneto level and he is nowhere near in as many media/films/shows/video games as Magneto. Not even close. Venom is bigger than Thanos in Marvel....Thanos has gotten decent treatment in the last 12 years but they use to have him lose to Ka Zar in 1997 and he was like 3rd tier.

U must be pretty young to say that Thanos and Doom are anywhere near as big or successful as the Magneto character in Marvel history. They never had any story as legendary as the Age of Apocalypse...which revolved around Magneto, Rogue, and Apocalypse.

The Avengers are making money now but the X comics used to ALWAYS outsell DC in the 90s. Wasn't even close. They had like 15 of the top 20 spots. 10 of those were X comics. Joe Mad era. Andy Kubert era. Pacheco era. Roger Cruz era. Mark Waid..Lobdell...Nicieza...they made their names off of popular Magneto and X stories.
But those weren't Magneto stories those were X-Men stories

Everyone uses Doom as villain while nobody besides X-Men characters use Magneto. There is a reason why everyone votes doom as Marvel's #1 villain.

More people saw that after credit scene in the Avengers movie than all those X-Men movies combined.

Infinity Gauntlet comes to mind as a classic Thanos story.

Thanos rising #1 debuted at 114,720 in sales lets see what Magneto debuts at

I'm not trying to knock Magneto he was obviously huge back in the day but not that much in the books these days

Doom would be bigger if he was connected to a bigger brand than the FF

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Magneto will be cancelled with the quickness. The artwork looks like trash and it's written by Cullen Bunn who still has not written as single interesting comic book issue in his career. It's definitely one of those Marvel on-goings they're going to pretend was always intended to be a mini later on.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Magneto is a A lister..he's not going anywhere.

They got Pak writing Superman? Hmmmm...didn't know that. Last I heard..he wanted to write a Storm series.

Lobdell getting praise? Odd. I've seen nothing but pure hate since he got exposed for sexually harassing that woman.
lol@Magneto being an A-lister.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
SupermanFuturesEnd_400x629.gif

http://www.newsarama.com/20436-dc-s-september-2014-event-revealed-3d-covers-return.html

this shyt was corny in the 90's when they did it the first time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto will be cancelled with the quickness. The artwork looks like trash and it's written by Cullen Bunn who still has not written as single interesting comic book issue in his career. It's definitely one of those Marvel on-goings they're going to pretend was always intended to be a mini later on.

Either way...Magneto will be in a top Marvel book in some form in some way as usual. Uncanny Avengers new arc revolves around him going back heel....same cycle.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Either way...Magneto will be a top Marvel book in some form in some way as usual. Uncanny Avengers new arc revolves around him going back heel....same cycle.

if his book takes place in the uncanny avengers universe that would be dope..... but by now we already know that Uncanny Avengers

1) is not taking place in the normal 616
2) its all going to be rebooted through time manipulation

Some characters might stay dead, but the decisions being made going forward wont stick for the most part.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
But those weren't Magneto stories those were X-Men stories

Everyone uses Doom as villain while nobody besides X-Men characters use Magneto. There is a reason why everyone votes doom as Marvel's #1 villain.

More people saw that after credit scene in the Avengers movie than all those X-Men movies combined.

Infinity Gauntlet comes to mind as a classic Thanos story.

Thanos rising #1 debuted at 114,720 in sales lets see what Magneto debuts at

I'm not trying to knock Magneto he was obviously huge back in the day but not that much in the books these days

Doom would be bigger if he was connected to a bigger brand than the FF
They were Magneto character led stories...there were a ton of Stryfe stories. Never sold the same. There were a ton of Sinister stories. Never sold the same. The Gen X intro story with Phalanx...didn't sell the same. Nothing Doom has ever done in comics was as big or influential as the House of M story which was about Magneto's family that was able to bring in the Avengers franchise in a big picture scenario for the first time in years.

Just look at the animated shows....large portions of all of their shows revolve around Magneto and Wolverine. Gambit is such a chump character that he was a villain in two of them and was barely allowed to be onscreen...Rogue was turned into a emo character that beefed with Wolverine aka the movie gimmick. lol.

They tried to sell Magneto as being dead for good after Planet X at that Comic Convention during the Marvel panel in Toronto in 2003 and all the editors got booed. They brought up Jean not coming back and the crowd cheered:laugh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
if his book takes place in the uncanny avengers universe that would be dope..... but by now we already know that Uncanny Avengers

1) is not taking place in the normal 616
2) its all going to be rebooted through time manipulation

Some characters might stay dead, but the decisions being made going forward wont stick for the most part.

I know. That was obvious after they killed Rogue and Wanda..no fukking way that characters that's been around since 1964 and 1981 were gone from a Reaper sneak attack and a misunderstanding to save mutants. Just more Remender using death to sell his books and gimmick that forward.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
When the fukk hasn't Magneto been an A Lister? Get me back when some Captain America and Thor movies bring in the money that Magneto starring films do:laugh: And those movies got Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannsen:laugh:
Lmao. Magneto has never "starred" in a movie. Magneto is barely a b-lister. Magneto has never even had his own solo book until 50 years in the character's history, and even that shyt is going to get canceled with the quickness. The put a nobody ass writer on it, Cullen Bunn, because they know it's just a placeholder.

You're still delusionally stanning Magneto like you used to sohh? :heh: You never learn.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Lmao. Magneto has never "starred" in a movie. Magneto is barely a b-lister. Magneto has never even had his own solo book until 50 years in the character's history, and even that shyt is going to get canceled with the quickness. The put a nobody ass writer on it, Cullen Bunn, because they know it's just a placeholder.

You're still delusionally stanning Magneto like you used to sohh? :heh: You never learn.

Delusional because some white boy at the Coli.com is using Drake smilies? LOL. Hardly..the numbers never lie and tell me..who is this A List villain in Marvel ahead of Magneto? HAHAHA..I would love to know...would be news to me and everyone who's read comics over the last 25 years.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Delusional because some white boy at the Coli.com is using Drake smilies? LOL. Hardly..the numbers never lie and tell me..who is this A List villain in Marvel ahead of Magneto? HAHAHA..I would love to know...would be news to me and everyone who's read comics over the last 25 years.
You didn't say A-list villain. You said A-lister period at first and talked about how he "starred" in movies that grossed more than Cap and Thor in some alternate Duckberg reality. I'd agree he's an A-list villain, but there's an astronomical difference between an A-list villain and an A-list character period. A-list Marvel villains are Magneto, Doom, and Thanos.

Numbers don't lie. And numbers says Magneto had had a grand total of 0 movies or ongoing comic series about him in 50 years so someone would have to be autistic, retarded, or insane to call him an A-list comic book character.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
You didn't say A-list villain. You said A-lister period at first and talked about how he "starred" in movies that grossed more than Cap and Thor in some alternate Duckberg reality. I'd agree he's an A-list villain, but there's an astronomical difference between an A-list villain and an A-list character period. A-list Marvel villains are Magneto, Doom, and Thanos.

Numbers don't lie. And numbers says Magneto had had a grand total of 0 movies or ongoing comic series about him in 50 years so someone would have to be autistic, retarded, or insane to call him an A-list comic book character.
that's what I've been trying to say lol some characters are A-list by association to certain teams/brands but aren't solo

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Late pass but I just finished Locke & Key:ohlawd:

How did Bode come back though, I kinda wish they left him dead

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
When the fukk hasn't Magneto been an A Lister? Get me back when some Captain America and Thor movies bring in the money that Magneto starring films do:laugh: And those movies got Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannsen:laugh:
Captain America made more than X1

Thor made more than all the X-Men movies