Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually pretty pissed about that.
Savor it ! Usually thor took the l's!!!
Are we all in agreement that this story is now in some other timeline or whatever and will have no real long term impact. I think I'm done unless some unforeseen thor action gets me back .
Secret avengers , welcome back to my boy !

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SO far, I've only read Ninja Turtles and Amazing X-Men. Another good issue in the series, for Ninja Turtles.

Amazing has a great cast, Wolverine isn't the lead (so far), but it's lacking.
How is wolverine in that book ?? It's taking place before his current series ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soo forever evil argus is still a good read and is brisk paced along with rogues rebellion and the blight . The main story though :dwillhuh: taking forever and let's be real the society looks weak seeing as how in these other books the main characters are just out there being defiant and shyt . How about the society get off there high horses and do some dirty work ? They some lazy ass mfers. Jla ? :camby: that book is slow as hell , the main books feel like they are moving glacial pace . The only comfort is cap cold and lex in the justice league later plus the new metal men . Nightwing won't die this close to Damian no way .whos the hooded prisoner ? Better not be Alexander Luthor or earth 3 dikk .

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Soo forever evil argus is still a good read and is brisk paced along with rogues rebellion and the blight . The main story though :dwillhuh: taking forever and let's be real the society looks weak seeing as how in these other books the main characters are just out there being defiant and shyt . How about the society get off there high horses and do some dirty work ? They some lazy ass mfers. Jla ? :camby: that book is slow as hell , the main books feel like they are moving glacial pace . The only comfort is cap cold and lex in the justice league later plus the new metal men . Nightwing won't die this close to Damian no way .whos the hooded prisoner ? Better not be Alexander Luthor or earth 3 dikk .

It's obviously lex luthor from the other planet son.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's obviously lex luthor from the other planet son.
Yeah I figure the hooded dude is Luthor from Earth 3 and I think the person the Syndicate is running from is probably the Anti-Monitor.

Uncanny Avengers is ass and of course Remender is doing a story where time gets reset and all of this shyt that has happened gets erased so that everything goes back to the way it was before this storyline even started.

Has anyone explained why the Shi-Ar allowed original Jean Grey to walk around scott free for two decades after the whole Phoenix incident but all of a sudden they have a hard on for getting revenge against teen Jean?
I bet original Jean probably had adventures with the Shi-Ar and visited their planet before dying the last time. This whole trial story is dumb and just a way for Bendis to do a crossover between the books he writes.

The crossover between Batman/Superman and World's Finest has been pretty cool. Seeing how Batman reacts to his daughter from a different universe is funny.

This war storyline in The Walking Dead could have been 4 issues with all of the filler that Kirkman is including. And I again want to reiterate that Negan is a shytty character that has overstayed his welcome and it pisses me off that this crappy character is responsible (directly or indirectly) for the deaths of so many actually cool characters.

I am liking MIghty Avengers well enough but they really need to work on their villains. Gideon Mace? Really? Of all of the Luke Cage bad guys to pick they go with Gideon Mace? That is dumb especially when the evil black excellence of Moses Magnum is out there. Magnum should be to this Avengers team what Dr. Doom is to the FF.

Speaking of the FF, has anyone read Ellis' new Fantastic Four yet? Is it any good? I haven't been feeling a lot of Ellis' stuff lately.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I figure the hooded dude is Luthor from Earth 3 and I think the person the Syndicate is running from is probably the Anti-Monitor.

Uncanny Avengers is ass and of course Remender is doing a story where time gets reset and all of this shyt that has happened gets erased so that everything goes back to the way it was before this storyline even started.

Has anyone explained why the Shi-Ar allowed original Jean Grey to walk around scott free for two decades after the whole Phoenix incident but all of a sudden they have a hard on for getting revenge against teen Jean?
I bet original Jean probably had adventures with the Shi-Ar and visited their planet before dying the last time. This whole trial story is dumb and just a way for Bendis to do a crossover between the books he writes.

The crossover between Batman/Superman and World's Finest has been pretty cool. Seeing how Batman reacts to his daughter from a different universe is funny.

This war storyline in The Walking Dead could have been 4 issues with all of the filler that Kirkman is including. And I again want to reiterate that Negan is a shytty character that has overstayed his welcome and it pisses me off that this crappy character is responsible (directly or indirectly) for the deaths of so many actually cool characters.

I am liking MIghty Avengers well enough but they really need to work on their villains. Gideon Mace? Really? Of all of the Luke Cage bad guys to pick they go with Gideon Mace? That is dumb especially when the evil black excellence of Moses Magnum is out there. Magnum should be to this Avengers team what Dr. Doom is to the FF.

Speaking of the FF, has anyone read Ellis' new Fantastic Four yet? Is it any good? I haven't been feeling a lot of Ellis' stuff lately.
I'm tempted to read the ff I'll probably buy tonight . I do like seeing reed catch his comeuppance .
Yeah I'm tired of remender too , story is a wasted opportunity . I don't think he should be given main books anymore .

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

yeah, I'm figuring too. I wish they'd hurry it up, though. This seems to be dragging.

Uncanny Avengers is ass and of cou-

NormanSmiley_zpsca0400d9.gif

INCREDIBLY dumb. I been ignoring the crossover (forgot it was even happening til I looked at this months All-New X-Men), but right now it just seems like they're targeting her cause she hasn't had the phoenix force yet, whereas befor.... yeah, it's cause they're p*ssy.

I also got the feeling that Bendis doesn't realize Kitty's been in space before. I don't like that Kitty-Starlord shipping he trying. nosiree bob.

and vice verse. Huntress is acting jittery as hell, right. "omg, it's d-d-daddy."

I agree

It's James Robinson. And I'll have to reread it. felt too... wordy. nothing stuck with me.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forever Evil is turning into a crapfest.

Tha Martian Manhunter and Stargirl wandering around gettin' beat up, tha inner monologues, fighting random villains, ALL THA WHILE TAKING PLACE SUPPOSEDLY INSIDE OF FIRESTORM = ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz confusing

Then let's talk about tha Crime Syndicate. All they've done so far is talk. They had a few random action scenes, but they haven't DONE anything.

DC dropped tha ball brehs.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
As much as I like Mighty Avengers I still feel like Marvel did that book so nobody would complain about the lack of black people getting solo books in this new wave of books. Its suspect.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yeah, I'm figuring too. I wish they'd hurry it up, though. This seems to be dragging.

NormanSmiley_zpsca0400d9.gif

INCREDIBLY dumb. I been ignoring the crossover (forgot it was even happening til I looked at this months All-New X-Men), but right now it just seems like they're targeting her cause she hasn't had the phoenix force yet, whereas befor.... yeah, it's cause they're p*ssy.

I also got the feeling that Bendis doesn't realize Kitty's been in space before. I don't like that Kitty-Starlord shipping he trying. nosiree bob.

and vice verse. Huntress is acting jittery as hell, right. "omg, it's d-d-daddy."

I agree

It's James Robinson. And I'll have to reread it. felt too... wordy. nothing stuck with me.
I was lunching on that Robinson/Ellis thing...had just watched a video of Ellis doing an appearance at a barn (don't ask) so he was on my mind. Plus all British comic book writers look alike.:troll:

I liked how Huntress was acting too...its like she turned into a little girl around Batman and Power Girl giving Bats no respect was funny too.

Bendis writing Kitty like she is some brand new character who has never been to space is just lazy. She has been to other planets, alternate universes and other dimensions...she is an old hat at this stuff.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was lunching on that Robinson/Ellis thing...had just watched a video of Ellis doing an appearance at a barn (don't ask) so he was on my mind. Plus all British comic book writers look alike.:troll:

I liked how Huntress was acting too...its like she turned into a little girl around Batman and Power Girl giving Bats no respect was funny too.

Bendis writing Kitty like she is some brand new character who has never been to space is just lazy. She has been to other planets, alternate universes and other dimensions...she is an old hat at this stuff.
Did bendis explain how corsair is alive ? Or he doing a star lord and just saying hey I'm back don't question. It too much
Forever Evil is turning into a crapfest.

Tha Martian Manhunter and Stargirl wandering around gettin' beat up, tha inner monologues, fighting random villains, ALL THA WHILE TAKING PLACE SUPPOSEDLY INSIDE OF FIRESTORM = ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz confusing

Then let's talk about tha Crime Syndicate. All they've done so far is talk. They had a few random action scenes, but they haven't DONE anything.

DC dropped tha ball brehs.
Yeah the periphery stuff to me has been good , jl has been ok but overall the development is slow as hell . Niccas seem like they knew the heroes were alive in like month 2 now it's like 4 months later of bull. I'm more looking forward to lex and cold joining up with justice league and how they proceed with nightwing .

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have liked the main mini series and Justice League but the rest of Forever Evil I have pretty much been ignoring since the 2nd month.
Justice League of America has been terrible. Stargirl is not that intereting a character to be focusing on her so much.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have liked the main mini series and Justice League but the rest of Forever Evil I have pretty much been ignoring since the 2nd month.
Justice League of America has been terrible. Stargirl is not that intereting a character to be focusing on her so much.
I hope johns saves superman but no more company wide events for him . Let Snyder or some one else do them for the time being