Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What the fukk has really happened in Marvel since Decimation? Outside of people dying which happens in every event by the end things go back to stat quo.

My biggest problem with AvX was issue #11 . Other than that, it was cool. Out of nowhere, the X-Men turned on Scott. The whole series Cyclops was trying to keep the Phoenix from taking control, making the world a better place, standing up to that a$$hole Captain America, who NEVER gave an eff about them, and still trying to get it to Hope because he believes that only she can re-ignite the X-gene. My question is WTF do the X-men stand for? Why did they turn on him? Do they not care about other mutants? Damn shame that he doesn't even have someone to continue their fight when he falls.

At least Xavier was grooming Scott to continue the fight that he and Magneto headed. Scott has his own version of the dream, but who does he pass the torch to?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:what: wait so ironman trying to stop the Phoenix cause it to split up ?? And then it corrupted everyone Smh if it just went to hope this wouldn't have happened . Marvel saw that billion dollar revenue from avengers and was like :ohlawd::win: fukk fox and the xmen first class ( not you wolvy ;) you good money ) they forgave ironman and the illuminati for wwh, tony and reed for civil war they cloned fukking Thor who killed Goliath made a horrible prison , unleashed bullseye and other monsters On heros .
Scarlet witch was supposedly influenced by the life force ( her own fault for fukking with doom ) yet cyclops can't get a pass ??
Cassandra controlled professor too Smh
And magneto fukking helped but he's a criminal ??
How can Beast and them ok this those uncle toms. This story makes no sense

Beast is on Larry Elder levels of c00nery right now.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest problem with AvX was issue #11 . Other than that, it was cool. Out of nowhere, the X-Men turned on Scott. The whole series Cyclops was trying to keep the Phoenix from taking control, making the world a better place, standing up to that a$$hole Captain America, who NEVER gave an eff about them, and still trying to get it to Hope because he believes that only she can re-ignite the X-gene. My question is WTF do the X-men stand for? Why did they turn on him? Do they not care about other mutants? Damn shame that he doesn't even have someone to continue their fight when he falls.

At least Xavier was grooming Scott to continue the fight that he and Magneto headed. Scott has his own version of the dream, but who does he pass the torch to?

Marvel just writes stories to be edgy without worrying about if it is True to the character. Ironman during civil war made no sense he went way to far with that registration act bullshyt. When your cloning friends and using bullseye ( really bullseye??????? The man is a psycho he has zero redeemable characteristics $ you should know you lost sight of the goal at that point

Nate303

Don't Give A ****...
Daps
Reppin
Mile High City
So Cyclops Did Get Royally fukked In All This Bullshyt But I Have To Say I Like Where They Took Him At The End... He's Still The Same Guy Knew He Was Right No Apologies... Bendis Has Some Interesting Things To Work With We Shall See...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:comeon: looking like I'm completely done with marvel . Who's on the this thunderbolts ? And is it worth my time

I think they are going to be changing the Thunderbolts book as part of the Marvel Now thing and I dfon't think Luke Cage will be involved in it. He also already quit The Avengers so its possible Luke might be getting put on the shelf for a while.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
The new 52 has been keeping me full brehs. Also they have their first event trinity war coming up. Don't really know what its about but it should be good.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I can't believe they shouted on the X-Men like this. And this end result don't make any sense. How are the people being inhabited by the Phoenix having to answer for the Phoenix's crimes? Why aren't Cyclops and iron Mean being judged for studying in what has happened? They made a situation WORSE two times and caused everything.

The point of this event was to show that the X-Men and Avengers should have always been working together. So there's enough blame to go around. This is terrible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DMR

Killa
Daps
The new 52 has been keeping me full brehs. Also they have their first event trinity war coming up. Don't really know what its about but it should be good.

whats good from this new 52? Im only reading Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman inc. Anything else on this level?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they are going to be changing the Thunderbolts book as part of the Marvel Now thing and I dfon't think Luke Cage will be involved in it. He also already quit The Avengers so its possible Luke might be getting put on the shelf for a while.

if bendis still writing for marvel..cage aint going nowhere

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats good from this new 52? Im only reading Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman inc. Anything else on this level?

Batman, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing are passed that level.
Animal Man and Swamp Thing should be read together.

Captain Atom was up there too (IMO) till it got canned.