Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
..........seriously that's what happened?

I thought it had to do with some bullshyt forgotton Norse gods wht hammers or some shyt.

Damn that event was garbage. As bad as AvsX was at least it was a coherent story that drew some interest.
Fear itself was garbage but it lead to Fear Itself: The Fearless which was dope af

I don't trust Fraction with this Inhumans/Inhumanity shyt

He's hit or miss

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could not tell you.

They think he is redundant. Batman already has a Robin and at best he is redundant, at worst a cheap copy of batman. They also think he weakens the value of batman by aging the character too much.

That's why they got rid of Wally West and Donna Troy. Only problem is that Nightwing is too popular.

I disagree with any reason to kill him off. He is too good a character

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even worried about bruce, I'm wondering how dikk will operate after this

Yeah, What crime fighting identity will he be from now on?

What is so interesting is how Nightwing is the center of a major DCU event. Even more important than Batman, imo.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dan Didio doesn't have a general hard on to kill Nightwing; he just thought that the way the mini-series Infinite Crisis was set up it was the logical endpoint to have Nightwing die but he got overruled by pretty much everyone else involved with the project and instead they killed Superboy. Didio also thought that with Tim Drake in existence that dikk Grayson was redundant and seemed to be aging to the point that he seemed either the same age as Batman or made Batman too old.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darkseid%20wins.gif
:wow: It got real after that

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that DC is trying to kill him off. Bad enough that Bruce lost Damian, but losing dikk would be :what: status
anyone got links to Forever evil 1-3?

HOLD THE FUKK UP

DAMIEN IS DEAD??? :mindblown::mindblown::bryan:

DAMIEN IS DEAD?????????? :damn::damn::damn:

DONT FUKK WITH ME NIKKA :to::to::to:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Some DC news:

A New 52 Legion of Superheroes in Superboy?
izK3rdr.jpg

SUPERBOY #28
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN
Cover by RAFAEL SANDOVAL and NORM RAPMUND
On sale FEBRUARY 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Superboy and his new team of unstable teen powerhouses must return to the present-day DC Universe to make sure Jon Lane Kent lives to see his plans come to fruition!
That looks like Cosmic Boys power effect, the one dude seems to be shooting lightning out of his eyes (Lightning Lad) and there is a chick (Saturn Girl) and they are all hanging out with a time displaced Superboy.

Earth 2 introduces Aquawoman...and she's black!
ojaD9If.jpg

EARTH 2 #20
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art by BARRY KITSON
Cover by JAE LEE
1:25 Steampunk variant cover by DAN PANOSIAN
On sale FEBRUARY 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Superman’s plans for Earth 2 finally come to light as Batman, Hawkgirl and Red Tornado join a new ally who could turn the tide in the war with Apokolips.
In new Earth 2 writer Tom Taylor's first issue he showed a bunch of containers holding unseen prisoners with familiar names (like Creeper and Sinestro) and Aquawoman was one of them. I wonder if this will be the way that we get a Young Justice type version of Aqualad in the DCU.

The Metal Men make their New 52 debut!
zMPtUts.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE #28
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 Steampunk variant cover by DAN PANOSIAN
On sale FEBRUARY 19 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

“FOREVER EVIL” continues! With the Justice League gone, new heroes continue to rise up throughout the DC Universe! The Crime Syndicate tried to kill him, but now Cyborg is back to settle the score — and with him are The Metal Men!
Those new Metal Men designs look really cool and like tying the Metal Men to Cyborg.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Not much came out this week

Superman/ Wonder Woman was dope. Supes owned Apollo :heh:

Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was dope, seems like this is Bendis's most consistent book

I'm done with Bendis's X-books after Battle of the Atom

Gonna read Superior Spider-Man on Friday like I usually do

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Brehs, its probably been discussed but i just got Batman:The killing joke during lunch hour, gettin into it tonight, heard its good...pretty new to comics, what should i expect?