Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I just read silver surfer 34-38 thanos quest and infinity gauntlet :ohlawd: It redefined what i consider a epic story, the scope was just :lupe: Loved the characterization of silver surfer and thanos, really understood what they were all about, the scene where he gives surfer a tour of the universe and why it is imbalanced makes thanos motives more believable than just " I'm evil and I hate the universe". The thanos vs galactus/chaos/order/celestials/eternity etc scene was :ahh: The battle broke down the fabric of the universe itself. So many memorable moments, earth getting pushed out of orbit, the living tribunal siding with evolution and survival of the fittest :gladbron:. It lived up to the hype of everything i heard about this story.

good man. :salute:

Is the rest of the infinity saga worth a damm, is war or crusade any good?

Your mileage may vary. You can literally go back a page or two in this very thread and see me and some other posters argue about it like overly caffeinated schoolgirls.

What are other classic epic events from either dc or marvel that are must reads?

eh... on THAT scale? You're not gonna find much. DC has.... Crisis on Infinite Earths. Jump from that to Sinestro Corps War. Marvel has... I REALLY want to recommend Secret Wars I and II.... know what... yeah. read Secret Wars. You MAY enjoy part 2, you may not. I enjoy part two IMMENSELY, but more for philosophical reasons.

And Annihilation.

I really enjoyed final crisis and want to read more darkseid, so any suggestion on where to start on jack kirby's new gods stories?

Wish I could help you there. Never read the old Kirby stories. And as much hype as Darkseid has always gotten, there really aren't a lot of HIGH END stories with him as the centerpiece. The Great Darkness Saga from Legion of Super-Heroes... that's about it.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Is the rest of the infinity saga worth a damm, is war or crusade any good? What are other classic epic events from either dc or marvel that are must reads? I really enjoyed final crisis and want to read more darkseid, so any suggestion on where to start on jack kirby's new gods stories?

Infinity War wasn't bad, nor great. Crusade was whatever. Infinity Abyss was good, but could of been better.

Off the head, Blackest Night, Infinite Crisis, Annihilation and Thanos Imperative are worth checking.

For Darkseid stories, look into Death of The New Gods, Cosmic Odyssey (Both written by Starlin) and Tales of The New Gods TPB.

For more Infinity Gauntlet, read Silver Surfer 44 - 59. Those crossovers :whew:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I like the art in The dark knight, sure its not finch but isnt that the same dude who drew captain america the winter soldier and daredevil?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Whole DCU in fukking shambles right now
GkkL0uW.png

Maaaan, this whole Forever Evil saga is trnt the fukk up.... Only the GOAT hero, made it alive..

Bats :lawd:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will never understand the love people have for Blackest Night. shyt was mad underwhelming to me.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
and the Nightwing shyt has me :mindblown:

what's going to happen to his book now?

I think that DC is trying to kill him off. Bad enough that Bruce lost Damian, but losing dikk would be :what: status
anyone got links to Forever evil 1-3?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
and the Nightwing shyt has me :mindblown:

what's going to happen to his book now?

I don't think they are going to kill him if that is what you mean. As far as his identity goes I do not understand how anyone is not going to make bruce wayne connection unless for the batman inc reason. But his smarter villians will at least make the connection. Joker has to know but prob would not care.