Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wish Black Adam vs Ultraman went a little longer. Lol at Ultraman laughing at Shazam's lighting and then laughing at the word itself.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
How long was dikk Robin before Nightwing in the New 52 if Catwoman isn't really sure of what he means to Batman?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
jyci.png

I can't... :dead:

This panel and the part where Quantum got cramps from sitting crouched on a rooftop too long almost made up for the horrible art quality drop. Almost.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Hell, while those Infinity stories were great, those stories were lame as hell. Thanos clones (retcon fodder)? Egyptian Uber Gods that no one had heard of? ANOTHER artifact that's more powerful than the PREVIOUS established artifact that Thanos just HAS to get despite himself?

No, YOU :camby:

I give those stories props for firmly establishing Thanos as the HIGHEST of the high level players at Marvel (they even retconned THAT story) as well as what I feel is the last TRUE appearance of Adam Warlock.

If anything, Giffen gave Thanos an actual personality outside of making him sound like a Shakespearean character, as Starlin is prone to doing with ALL of his lead characters once he starts to get bored with them.

He also gave Thanos goals outside of the usual "Owning the Universe or planning on it" routine that Thanos had been stuck in for damn near 30 years.

He ALSO gave him somewhat of a supporting cast to play that personality off in Skreet and OG Peter Quill/Starlord..... While Starlin had.... a Rigellian Recorder with the SAME deadpan personality as Thanos... and Adam Warlock... who had the SAME deadpan personality as Thanos!

Hell, Starlin wouldn't even give a shyt about Marvel's usage of the character if Thanos hadn't become so popular following Infinity Gauntlet. infinity War, Crusade and infinity Watch were Adam Warlock stories with Thanos as a supporting character/uneasy ally/friendly rival.

If ANYTHING, Starlin should get back to writing Adam Warlock, a character who Starlin's "Byronic Hero" trope voice writing self (the same voice he's been writing everyone in since he started back) was tailor made for.

Come at me, bro! :blessed:

:scusthov: your idea sucks, too.

edit: okay, that was childish and spiteful. but it felt good. :ahh:

OK, here's where we get mixed up. I'm talking about the stories he was in; not the character. I can't really get into a discussion about that. All I can talk about is HOW he's used and the STORY he's in. To me he seemed the same in those last 6 issues of his solo series. That was when I read it during that time.

A lot of unknown characters were always introduced back in the golden age of comics. One hit wonders have been around for a long time. The clone thing was something fresh, yet the story could of been done better.

Please enlighten me on how Warlock and Thanos share the same personality.

And :pacspit: you for your childish hate. I'm sure you'd :ahh: if you saw that crossover come to life.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can someone explain the reason for Amazing X-Men? It features the characters from Wolverine & The X-Men, the Jean Grey school is where the story takes place and it's written by the same writer. Why not just do the return of Nightcrawler in WXM?
That being said I am glad they are bringing Nightcrawler back, his death was stupid and unnecessary. Now if only they immediately move him to one of the Avengers books because all of the X-books suck now.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The Trinity of Sin and Forever Evil series :dwillhuh::whoo::merchant::why::to::sadcam:

The fukk just happened... maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

So Ultra Man, gets his powers from crushed up rocks turned into powder... :troll:

DC is where it at on the mainstream comics these days

batman-eternal.jpg

Funny thing about Batman Eternal, is that there is no Nightwing in that pic. What gives? :patrice:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
OK, here's where we get mixed up. I'm talking about the stories he was in; not the character. I can't really get into a discussion about that. All I can talk about is HOW he's used and the STORY he's in. To me he seemed the same in those last 6 issues of his solo series. That was when I read it during that time.

Giffen gave him a more overt (if not more macabre) sense of humor, made him not so much of a loner death merchant. Compare the fact that Thanos before would have never swaggered into that alien police station like he did, joked around with the fact that his mere presence freaked them out or even have tolerated something or somebody like Skreet hanging around.

but then, like you say.. we weren't talking about the same thing. Personalities and stories... :manny:

A lot of unknown characters were always introduced back in the golden age of comics. One hit wonders have been around for a long time. The clone thing was something fresh, yet the story could of been done better.

:manny:

Please enlighten me on how Warlock and Thanos share the same personality.

When Starlin was writing them in his solo series, they did. Only differences were Warlock smiled and Thanos didn't. But like I say, Starlin has a habit of writing almost all of his characters... you know how you watch a Star Wars movie and all of the higher ups or The Republic all have dry british accents but not different personalities... just different looks?

Starlin does the same thing when he's bored.

And :pacspit: you for your childish hate. I'm sure you'd :ahh: if you saw that crossover come to life.

:to: I'm sorry, breh. I got these.... problems, see. If I could have pushed a crippled nun down a flight of stairs last night, I would have.

I just wanna see Thanos discover Green Lantern rings, then solo the JLA to take one.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Can someone explain the reason for Amazing X-Men? It features the characters from Wolverine & The X-Men, the Jean Grey school is where the story takes place and it's written by the same writer. Why not just do the return of Nightcrawler in WXM?
That being said I am glad they are bringing Nightcrawler back, his death was stupid and unnecessary. Now if only they immediately move him to one of the Avengers books because all of the X-books suck now.

They should put him on Uncanny Avengers with Wanda. Give Simon something to wangst over. They could get to making Noctourne from Exiles.

That would also put him close to Logan and Rogue and away from the school.

He'd also make a nice foil for Thor since Kurt is a christian and all....

:ohhh: know what... this isn't such a bad idea......

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it makes sense that Magic would amp up Ultraman.

They took Cold's powers. Maybe my prayers have been answered. :blessed:

Has ANYONE read Earth 2? Superman giving them dat Work for real!!!!