Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
it makes sense that Magic would amp up Ultraman.

They took Cold's powers. Maybe my prayers have been answered. :blessed:

Has ANYONE read Earth 2? Superman giving them dat Work for real!!!!

shyt has turned into early Irredeemable, which would make me smile if it didn't also remind me how bad that series fell off.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They should put him on Uncanny Avengers with Wanda. Give Simon something to wangst over. They could get to making Noctourne from Exiles.

That would also put him close to Logan and Rogue and away from the school.

He'd also make a nice foil for Thor since Kurt is a christian and all....

:ohhh: know what... this isn't such a bad idea......
X-Men that I always thought would be better served as members of the Avengers (like how Beast is a much better Avengers character than X-character) were: Nightcrawler, Storm, Angel, Iceman and Colossus.

it makes sense that Magic would amp up Ultraman.

They took Cold's powers. Maybe my prayers have been answered. :blessed:

Has ANYONE read Earth 2? Superman giving them dat Work for real!!!!
Earth 2 is awesome and I am cool with Tom Taylor taking over from James Robinson especially since it looks lie he is bringing some of the flavor from Injustice with him.

And looks like Cold is going to be whipping up a new freeze gun (probably with help from Lex Luthor). I like this development too; Cold and Heatwave need to have their guns and Weather Wizard needs his wand. Those things should never change.

Well, now that you've brought up Greg Land, I can no longer read The Mighty Avengers because of his art. Even though I ain't paying for it anyway, I just refuse to read shyt drawn by him.
I like to make a game out of counting the number of orgasm faces I can spot in a Greg land drawn book.
It is almost always in the double digits.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I wish Marvel would reprint Abnett's GOTG trades. I hope they will do it when the movie comes out. Infinity Gauntlet trades were no where to be found until a few months after the Avengers movie dropped.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
read forever evil # 3

cleaver way to get rid of the justice league.

but lol @ catwoman not knowing who nightwing is. So her giving up her baby and being part of the bat family never happened now?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Can someone explain the reason for Amazing X-Men? It features the characters from Wolverine & The X-Men, the Jean Grey school is where the story takes place and it's written by the same writer. Why not just do the return of Nightcrawler in WXM?
That being said I am glad they are bringing Nightcrawler back, his death was stupid and unnecessary. Now if only they immediately move him to one of the Avengers books because all of the X-books suck now.

surprised he did not come back sooner. What with being part demon and all he had an easy way back then most.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
DC is where it at on the mainstream comics these days

batman-eternal.jpg

Funny thing about Batman Eternal, is that there is no Nightwing in that pic. What gives? :patrice:

DC been trying to kill nightwing for years but he is pretty popular. kind of sucks because he will never move up to batman indefinitely unless it is on earth 2 or something.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
DC been trying to kill nightwing for years but he is pretty popular. kind of sucks because he will never move up to batman indefinitely unless it is on earth 2 or something.

dikk Grayson is the GOAT sidekick-turned-hero in comics. He is rated (and loved) higher than most heroes in comics in general.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
dikk Grayson is the GOAT sidekick-turned-hero in comics. He is rated (and loved) higher than most heroes in comics in general.

I think the one thing that saves him is that once people hear the original robin is dead there will be riots in the streets.

Daps
I just read silver surfer 34-38 thanos quest and infinity gauntlet :ohlawd: It redefined what i consider a epic story, the scope was just :lupe: Loved the characterization of silver surfer and thanos, really understood what they were all about, the scene where he gives surfer a tour of the universe and why it is imbalanced makes thanos motives more believable than just " I'm evil and I hate the universe". The thanos vs galactus/chaos/order/celestials/eternity etc scene was :ahh: The battle broke down the fabric of the universe itself. So many memorable moments, earth getting pushed out of orbit, the living tribunal siding with evolution and survival of the fittest :gladbron:. It lived up to the hype of everything i heard about this story. Is the rest of the infinity saga worth a damm, is war or crusade any good? What are other classic epic events from either dc or marvel that are must reads? I really enjoyed final crisis and want to read more darkseid, so any suggestion on where to start on jack kirby's new gods stories?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:patrice: I actually liked Mighty Avengers.

:patrice: a lot.

They even used the right explanation for Shuma Gorath being there. Something that's normally not done. Blade used magical sciency talk, Adam and Spidey used regular sciency talk....

"Power Man" got a lesson in his chi powers, White Tiger got to let her god be useful. Monica got a powerup, although I have no idea how that's possible.

Luke played the Heart of the Team.

it all fit together nicely.

Now.... the art.... :leostare: