Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Spider Man is fundamentally my favorite heroe in Marvel. I would play catch up but I'm too behind on Darkness/Witchblade stuff as it is.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I feel you....and I'd feel good about putting money on an unaffected Wally popping out the speed force. Tim tho was on his way to the big leagues pre reboot, now it feels like he's jobbing and apparently was never "Robin"

edit: what the hell is the gist of Marvel Now anyway?

Marvel now is just a reshuffling of all the old shyt...they just integrating the X-Men and Avengers universes more and switching writers around.

I'm not impressed by anything that's been announced outside of Waid on Hulk and Hickman on Avengers.

X-Men comics look all kinds of fukked up. All my favorite characters have been shytted on or gotten rid of....

The Ultimate Line is better than 616 Marvel right now IMO.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Some of these new teams are like they just drew names out of a hat. Both of those new X-Force teams. Especially the one with Psylocke, Storm, Puck, and Spiral. :what: Two lead alpha females, another female who has been a villain her whole life and tried to kill the X-Men on various occasions now inexplicably joins them, and fukking Puck? Really? Isn't he dead? Why bring him back to life? Nobody gives a fukk about Puck...a fat little Canadian wacker version of Beast before the blue fur. I'll still give it a shot though.

Why don't they just make a Magneto family team book? Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quiksilver...shyt would be dope.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider Man is fundamentally my favorite heroe in Marvel. I would play catch up but I'm too behind on Darkness/Witchblade stuff as it is.

I had a tough time catching up on Spider-Man too because that shyt was being released 3 times a month (now twice a month). Once you start reading it though you'll burn through a bunch of issues in a short period of time.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of these new teams are like they just drew names out of a hat. Both of those new X-Force teams. Especially the one with Psylocke, Storm, Puck, and Spiral. :what: Two lead alpha females, another female who has been a villain her whole life and tried to kill the X-Men on various occasions now inexplicably joins them, and fukking Puck? Really? Isn't he dead? Why bring him back to life? Nobody gives a fukk about Puck...a fat little Canadian wacker version of Beast before the blue fur. I'll still give it a shot though.

Why don't they just make a Magneto family team book? Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quiksilver...shyt would be dope.

A BIG problem with the X-men is that they don't let their Villains stay Villains and they keep turning heroes into Villains.

They clearly don't know what the fukk to do with the mutants.

I still think Xavier AND Magneto should have died years ago. They should have been Martyers to keep the battle going......Eventually they could have Let Magneto come back but he NEEDS to stay a Villain. This back and for shyt has made the character lame IMO.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto hasn't changed. The X-Men have. They live on his Asteroid and are isolationists now. They've been going in HIS direction since at least Civil War. The whole Utopia thing is just Magneto's Genosha story with Cyclops in the lead instead. Magneto is beyond villainy though. That's the point that Claremont drove home and why the Morrison stuff had to be retconned out. Everything he ever said came true basically which is why Xavier is an afterthought and he's in the middle of everything post A v X.

LOL@the reaction to Puck. Why didn't have Uniscone or Scanner from the Acolytes join up? They are ACTUALLY interesting:laugh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with reboots are inevitably some characters get the shaft. The New 52 really jerked 3 of my favorite characters. Tim Drake, Kyle Rayner & Wally West.

And I feel like DC is really :troll: acting like the death of Superman, Knightfall and Batman's death all happened in the new timeline....sh!t even Hal's death and return are supposed to be in continuity.:upsetfavre:

Exactly when I think about the continuity in the new 52 :scusthov: and johns I guess loves Barry and Hal too much when in all honesty they wete both kind of boring until the end of they runs (iris death , killing zoom and the coast city destruction ) Wally and Kyle were perfect in they young hero roles especially Wally took over his mentors spot and ran with it Me and my father collected his whole run .I even liked Connor :yeshrug: Tim though deserves to be batman I always felt they foreshadowed it he the one who figured out Bruce was still alive and his identity .
dikk and Damian was nice but the devaluing of Tim and pushing Jason being the cool antihero :usure: Tim and young justice/titans was godly

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I think the time definitely has a lot to do with the nostalgia. I remember several pages of Emerald Twilight leaving me :krs:...pre-internet and pre spoilers.

30333-4563-33743-1-robin_super.jpg
= :salute:

1340965-300px_green_lantern_vol_3_49_super.jpg
= :krs:
nvwt5e.jpg
= :krs::krs:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nope....They just need to move forward.....Some character need to be offed (permanently) otherwise things wont be able to move forward.

They need to stop with the "ignore it and nobody will remember it" bullshyt. The most glaring instances of this are Iron Man getting a free pass after all the bullshyt he did and Daredevil secret I.D. being public treated as a joke.

*edit*

Ultimate Marvel does this shyt the right way. The only problem is Ultimate Marvel goes too far some times. The fukked up the United states and killed off some really good characters for shock value that probably wont come back.

Agree on all of this.

I look forward to Ultimate Spiderman and the Ultimates more than just about any other marvel book outside of when X-Force was deep in the apocalypse/ dark angel saga... but I do feel they fukked up bad with the Ultimatum storyline in which they annihilated a chunk of their mainstream characters needlessly.

its like they got caught up in trying to do one of those "what if" storylines in which everyone dies at stories end without realizing that... yea, the "story" or ultimate universe is gonna continue on indefinitely and yall gotta move forward with this mess you created.

if the characters were eggs, then they shouldn't have put so many of them in the ultimatum basket. they should've spread shyt out for other big events later on in the lifespan of the ultimate universe.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Did anyone ever read any of that Marvel Universe: The End stuff? They had one for the X Men and Fantastic Four. Never checked for it.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
They had to make room for Reed to come thru and crush the buildings tho. I swear I been waiting for this kinda Reed since I read Ellis's take on the character in planetary.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Did anyone ever read any of that Marvel Universe: The End stuff? They had one for the X Men and Fantastic Four. Never checked for it.

the x-men the end was like 7 books or something. I think I would have appreciated it more if i was into x-men lore. You should read it though has alot of x-men history and they bring alot of shyt back.

The best marvel the end though was the punisher. (IMO)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the x-men the end was like 7 books or something. I think I would have appreciated it more if i was into x-men lore. You should read it though has alot of x-men history and they bring alot of shyt back.

The best marvel the end though was the punisher. (IMO)

I was very much into X-Men lore and even I didn't care for it. If you want to point to any moment that Claremont was officially done as it writer it was that series. :snoop:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I was very much into X-Men lore and even I didn't care for it. If you want to point to any moment that Claremont was officially done as it writer it was that series. :snoop:

lol maybe that why i was not into it. I thought i just needed to know more x-men history.