Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just a book to put X-23 in...more Wolverine nonsense.

I liked the premise until I read that people I like are in there and will most likely be cannon fodder for this storyline. Glad my boy young Bradley the future cap isn't involved.
And when will Alex wilder get resurrected ??

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Like I said it aint the creators, it's the fanbase of the big two companies.

The smaller comic book companies don't have that problem. They try out new stuff all the time and will kill off a character and replace them with little backlash.

They offed Savage Dragon a while ago and replaced him with his son.

Al Simmons hasn't be Spawn in over 5 years.

this iswhy i dont read marvel or dc.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good they are self-contained. I got the first 4 Godzilla "ongoings" on the tablet for this weekend. I will read them and see what I think.

:lawd:

The ongoing is "okay" at best. The best Gojira books are the minis: Legends, Gangsters & Goliaths, and of course Half Century War.

These Godzilla pics got me interested.

Links?
I definitely recommend purchasing Half-Century War.

this iswhy i dont read marvel or dc.
I'm reading less and less from the main two also for the same reason.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How old are the dc characters supposed to be in the 52 timeline ?? Like supes in his 20s still ? Or batman early 30s? I

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Ultimate Spider-Man is always a good read.... But his fat Asian friend is a a$$hole

Lol word he reminds me of

mikeyfromrecessfull.jpg

for some reason

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Like I said it aint the creators, it's the fanbase of the big two companies.

The smaller comic book companies don't have that problem. They try out new stuff all the time and will kill off a character and replace them with little backlash.

They offed Savage Dragon a while ago and replaced him with his son.

Al Simmons hasn't be Spawn in over 5 years.

It's not even just that, it's the fact that so many of the creators are those exact same types of whiny ass fans who can't take their Silver Age favorites not being in the spotlight. So what you get amounts to nothing but a big circle jerk encompassing the writers and the fans who feed off of one another's recalcitrant, reactionary nostalgia.

Combined with increasingly bad characterization (a symptom of trying to write these personifications of nostalgia in their version of a modern world with all of the differences in moral perception accounted for) and bi-annual mega-events making everything in comics nigh-meaningless, it's no wonder I don't read comics as much anymore.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How old are the dc characters supposed to be in the 52 timeline ?? Like supes in his 20s still ? Or batman early 30s? I

DC and Marvel should stay away from ages unless they are actually willing to like their characters grow.
How old should Magneto be now if his WW 2 origin is still in place?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC and Marvel should stay away from ages unless they are actually willing to like their characters grow.
How old should Magneto be now if his WW 2 origin is still in place?

Well both companies do let their characters grow.

Marvel in particular touts their sliding time scale. The X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil and other character have grown over time.

The X-Men were in their late teens when they started and Spider-Man started in Highschool.

DC is a bit more fukked up because of the reboots they do every decade or so. Plus the robin situation ALWAYS fukks things up.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
cant wait for the Gotham chainsaw massacre aka death of the family

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
Man, the Shazam story in Justice League was great. DC needs to hurry up and make it an ongoing with Johns and Frank.

I'll tell you right now, Marvel puts Black Panther on lots of variant covers and never actually uses the character in the book. So I'm not holding my breath.
Nah, I think he's actually joining. Every other Baby Variant cover has been spot on with the characters involved in each Marvel Now series.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/NewAvengers_youngbaby_02.jpg

New Avengers is looking like an Illuminati team.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Well both companies do let their characters grow.

Marvel in particular touts their sliding time scale. The X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil and other character have grown over time.

The X-Men were in their late teens when they started and Spider-Man started in Highschool.

DC is a bit more fukked up because of the reboots they do every decade or so. Plus the robin situation ALWAYS fukks things up.

lol you know luke cage baby is going to aged for some reason. :russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, the Shazam story in Justice League was great. DC needs to hurry up and make it an ongoing with Johns and Frank.

Nah, I think he's actually joining. Every other Baby Variant cover has been spot on with the characters involved in each Marvel Now series.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/NewAvengers_youngbaby_02.jpg

New Avengers is looking like an Illuminati team.

Nah, I'm still not buying it. Marvel be trollin Black Panther fans. They put him on posters and variants for all kinds of shyt and the character plays little to no role in those stories.

The put him in the first Fear Itself poster and he never appeared in the event. They put him on the first Spider-Island poster and he only appeared on one page.

Until I see something way more concrete I'm not buying it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol you know luke cage baby is going to aged for some reason. :russ:

Maybe and maybe not..

The Franklin Richards character was born/created in the late 60's yet in the comics he's no older than 11 or so. While at the same time Valeria Richards was born/created in 2002 and is only about 5 or six in the comics.